Ron DeSantis Announces New Therapy for Floridians That Helps Prevent COVID Infection

drvoke

Ron DeSantis Announces New Therapy for Floridians That Helps Prevent COVID  Infection

While I still hate DeSantis, on principle, I have to admit that he seems to work hard for his constituents.

Ron DeSantis Announces New Therapy for Floridians That Helps Prevent COVID Infection (msn.com)

(Full article at above link)

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has added another tool to the state's COVID-19 arsenal—a monoclonal antibody therapy that can prevent COVID-19 infection before a person is exposed, which the state has purchased.

Vaccines and booster doses are a person's best chance at preventing COVID-19 and are known to reduce the risk someone gets seriously ill. However, some people cannot get vaccinated because of serious adverse reactions or who get vaccinated and don't develop an adequate immune response and the new monoclonal antibody therapy could help give them added protection.

Evusheld, a two-dose antibody therapy, has shown in clinical trials to reduce a person's risk of being infected with COVID-19 by up to 77 percent.

The FDA authorized Evusheld on December 8 and DeSantis announced on Friday that the state secured over 3,000 doses of it.  

"This is a positive development that will really serve a valuable purpose for those who do need some additional help," DeSantis said on Friday.

• Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, drvoke said:

Ron DeSantis Announces New Therapy for Floridians That Helps Prevent COVID  Infection

While I still hate DeSantis, on principle, I have to admit that he seems to work hard for his constituents.

Ron DeSantis Announces New Therapy for Floridians That Helps Prevent COVID Infection (msn.com)

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has added another tool to the state's COVID-19 arsenal—a monoclonal antibody therapy that can prevent COVID-19 infection before a person is exposed, which the state has purchased.

Vaccines and booster doses are a person's best chance at preventing COVID-19 and are known to reduce the risk someone gets seriously ill. However, some people cannot get vaccinated because of serious adverse reactions or who get vaccinated and don't develop an adequate immune response and the new monoclonal antibody therapy could help give them added protection.

Evusheld, a two-dose antibody therapy, has shown in clinical trials to reduce a person's risk of being infected with COVID-19 by up to 77 percent.

The FDA authorized Evusheld on December 8 and DeSantis announced on Friday that the state secured over 3,000 doses of it.  

"This is a positive development that will really serve a valuable purpose for those who do need some additional help," DeSantis said on Friday.

I read a while back that one of his biggest campaign donors had a huge stake in the company that makes the antibody

1 minute ago, calguy said:

I read a while back that one of his biggest campaign donors had a huge stake in the company that makes the antibody

That wouldn't surprise me. Cons usually fall into two categories: religious trailer trash and white-collar criminals.

5 minutes ago, drvoke said:

That wouldn't surprise me. Cons usually fall into two categories: religious trailer trash and white-collar criminals.

I thought I remembered... I rarely take the time to look shit like this up because I know it'll be ignored by those who don't like the truth, but this was easy :

DeSantis top donor invests in COVID drug governor promotes

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis — who has been criticized for opposing mask mandates and vaccine passports — is now touting a COVID-19 antibody treatment in which a top donor’s company has invested millions of dollars.

DeSantis has been flying around the state promoting a monoclonal antibody treatment sold by Regeneron, which was used on then-President Donald Trump after he tested positive for COVID-19. The governor first began talking about it as a treatment last year.

Citadel, a Chicago-based hedge fund, has $15.9 million in shares of Regeneron Pharmaceutical Inc., according to filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Citadel CEO Ken Griffin has donated $10.75 million to a political committee that supports DeSantis — $5.75 million in 2018 and $5 million last April.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-health-coronavirus-pandemic-4d0d18b24e0dd41de2424e19b3ed994f

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, benson13 said:

'Mini-trump announced on Friday that the state secured over 3,000 doses of it'  

3000 doses...well then...that takes care of that

I suppose you voted for Andrew Gillum right?

Gillum withdraws from politics after link to suspected drug overdose

By GARY FINEOUT and MARC CAPUTO

03/15/2020 08:09 PM EDT

MIAMI BEACH — Miami Beach police have released body cam footage and photos from an incident last month involving former Florida gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum, two men and three baggies of crystal meth found inside their Miami Beach hotel room.

2 minutes ago, Z09 said:

MIAMI BEACH — Miami Beach police have released body cam footage and photos from an incident last month involving former Florida gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum, two men and three baggies of crystal meth found inside their Miami Beach hotel room.

Trivial Tranny just can't help himself. ZO9 is one Sick dude.

• Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, benson13 said:

'Mini-trump announced on Friday that the state secured over 3,000 doses of it'  

3000 doses...well then...that takes care of that

DeSantis needs to understand that 3000 doses is inadequate to any purpose. DeSantis is a nutcase. A wannabe Trump with the voice of a cartoon duck.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Z09 said:

Did you really vote for Gillum?

He was a better choice than DeSantis.

He was not a user of drugs when he was runnng for office, and if he had been governor, the incident you refer to would never have occurred.

DeSantis is wrecking our state by ignoring Global Climate Change in the state most threatened by it.

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

He was a better choice than DeSantis.

He was not a user of drugs when he was runnng for office, and if he had been governor, the incident you refer to would never have occurred.

DeSantis is wrecking our state by ignoring Global Climate Change in the state most threatened by it.

Do you have the picture or not?

12 hours ago, drvoke said:

I'm not sure what the goal here would be.   3,000 doses of a preventative medicine?   Other than maybe immunocompromised people in a rest home setting, I can't see who you would distribute them to.   

11 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

I'm not sure what the goal here would be.   3,000 doses of a preventative medicine?   Other than maybe immunocompromised people in a rest home setting, I can't see who you would distribute them to.   

You don't have to worry about people like Onassis wanting the medicine, they'd rather have Dr. Gillum's Root Juice.

On 12/18/2021 at 5:40 AM, drvoke said:

DeSantis is genuinely all about representing his constituents to the best of his ability.