S&W All Stainless Model 659 $550 On Gunbroker....

Skans

A good 659 for $550 is a good deal on this firearm.  This is a true professional-grade firearm that will last a lifetime. Yes, it's a bit heavy.  Yes, the grip is a bit thick.  The prices have been ticking up on these. 

pix466268767.jpg

But, if you'd rather have a 3rd gen (5906), with a slightly better grip, there's one with only 2 bids which is at $250 with no reserve and 4 days to go:

pix745067163.jpg

Better sights, better grip and this one is in nice condition!

20 hours ago, Blue Devil said:

Does someone like VZ make a thin grip for'em?

No.  But, I have a set of wood grips for mine that I may thin out on my belt sander.  Also, I have an extra back-strap which I am thinking of shaping and polishing. I'm been "thinking" about doing this for 5 years now.  Some day, I may find the time to actually do it.

FYI, you can do this kind of thing with the 659, but not the 5906.  However, S&W made the grip substantially better on the 5906's.  You can't find pretty grip panels for them, but the grip that comes stock is actually quite good.

1 hour ago, Skans said:

No.  But, I have a set of wood grips for mine that I may thin out on my belt sander.  Also, I have an extra back-strap which I am thinking of shaping and polishing. I'm been "thinking" about doing this for 5 years now.  Some day, I may find the time to actually do it.

FYI, you can do this kind of thing with the 659, but not the 5906.  However, S&W made the grip substantially better on the 5906's.  You can't find pretty grip panels for them, but the grip that comes stock is actually quite good.

While interesting...

The only two pistols that are on the burner are the:

CZ 75 D PCR Compact 9mm

3761_3_.jpg

HK USP40 Compact (V7) LEM

wm_5578532.jpg

57 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

While interesting...

The only two pistols that are on the burner are the:

CZ 75 D PCR Compact 9mm

3761_3_.jpg

HK USP40 Compact (V7) LEM

wm_5578532.jpg

Both, very nice guns!  While I'm a sucker for that CZ, the HK looks a bit easier to carry.

12 minutes ago, Skans said:

Both, very nice guns!  While I'm a sucker for that CZ, the HK looks a bit easier to carry.

W/ thin VZ grips on the CZ, they are very similar in size and weight.

Both a little on the heavy side for EDC, but nice for everything else... and, presently, Unicorns.

The EDC that has caught my eye is the S&W PC Shield40 M2.0 4" Bbl..

11796_01_lg_0.jpg?itok=GPQtgBt3

6+1 (flush mag) in .40, but a little thinner and 3 oz. lighter loaded, w/ the same form factor, as my current Glock G36 .45 ACP.

Currently ~ $466.

1 minute ago, Blue Devil said:

W/ thin VZ grips on the CZ, they are very similar in size and weight.

Both a little on the heavy side for EDC, but nice for everything else... and, presently, Unicorns.

The EDC that has caught my eye is the S&W PC Shield40 M2.0 4" Bbl..

11796_01_lg_0.jpg?itok=GPQtgBt3

6+1 (flush mag) in .40, but a little thinner and 3 oz. lighter loaded, w/ the same form factor, as my current Glock G36 .45 ACP.

Currently ~ $466.

Seems like a good price for that M&P.  I prefer DA/SA hammer-fired weapons over striker guns.

18 minutes ago, Skans said:

Seems like a good price for that M&P.  I prefer DA/SA hammer-fired weapons over striker guns.

Yeah, that's why the CZ/HK look.

The S&W Shield doesn't bring enough to warrant a change in platform.

Like that the CZ is half the price of the HK... and that there is a hole in the roster for a compact 9mm.

LEM is better than the CZ De-cock... but only marginally so.

Not really a trigger snob, as long as it ain't like 12 lbs. (which is ~ what the CZ is 8>) )

2 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

Yeah, that's why the CZ/HK look.

The S&W Shield doesn't bring enough to warrant a change in platform.

Like that the CZ is half the price of the HK... and that there is a hole in the roster for a compact 9mm.

LEM is better than the CZ Decock... but only marginally so.

Not really a trigger snob, as long as it ain't like 12 lbs.

The one thing you should know about CZ triggers is that they are designed to "cam" a bit. For a carry gun, this is probably not a bad thing.  But, if you don't like the trigger camming, you can get aftermarket parts to eliminate it.  I am not as familiar with the HK triggers - just hear they are good.

16 minutes ago, Skans said:

The one thing you should know about CZ triggers is that they are designed to "cam" a bit. For a carry gun, this is probably not a bad thing.  But, if you don't like the trigger camming, you can get aftermarket parts to eliminate it.  I am not as familiar with the HK triggers - just hear they are good.

The LEM is intriguing: