Springfield Armory's New SA-35 Hi-Power Pistol

Blue Devil

1 hour ago, Skans said:

Yeah, my eyes have been drawn to this one.  I have a really nice C-Series which I don't shoot, but that I'd love to shoot.  How much is SA getting for that Hi-Power?  I bet its a good shooter.

Think MSRP is $700.

Personally like the CZ 75 D PCR more... for a 9mm.

3761_1_.jpg

And, of course, SA's 1911-A1 MilSpec for a steel .45 ACP.

WP_20180802_15_20_54_Pro-50.jpg

51 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

Think MSRP is $700.

Personally like the CZ 75 D PCR more... for a 9mm.

3761_1_.jpg

And, of course, SA's 1911-A1 MilSpec for a steel .45 ACP.

WP_20180802_15_20_54_Pro-50.jpg

$700 ain't cheap.   Wait, maybe it is.  They are selling refurbished Belgian Hi-Powers on gunbroker for about $600.  There's a couple of ugly T-series guns on there that someone cleaned up, re-blued and is selling in the 600 price range.  Heck, for an extra $100, you could get a new one by SA without the pits and 95% bore.  

I'm a big fan of CZ's as well.  But, here's the thing - the trigger on my Hi-Power is best of breed.

5 hours ago, Skans said:

$700 ain't cheap.   Wait, maybe it is.  They are selling refurbished Belgian Hi-Powers on gunbroker for about $600.  There's a couple of ugly T-series guns on there that someone cleaned up, re-blued and is selling in the 600 price range.  Heck, for an extra $100, you could get a new one by SA without the pits and 95% bore.  

I'm a big fan of CZ's as well.  But, here's the thing - the trigger on my Hi-Power is best of breed.

They say that this new SA-35, sans magazine disconnect, is supposed to be even better.

I'm not a pistol trigger snob.

A good 1911-A1, maybe a Ruger Mk II Target? ...and then everything else just goes bang.

13 hours ago, Blue Devil said:

They say that this new SA-35, sans magazine disconnect, is supposed to be even better.

My understanding is that it doesn't have a magazine disconnect, that they eliminated that part.  Which would be an improvement.

I'm not a pistol trigger snob.

I know.  You like the trigger dingus - there's that!:D  More power to you for being able to shoot a Glock well!  Seriously, that's respectable.

A good 1911-A1, maybe a Ruger Mk II Target? ...and then everything else just goes bang.

I'll take the Hi-Power trigger over my Ruger Mark II.  Not that the Mark II is bad, but it's not as good as my Hi Power.  The only trigger I like better is that in my Sig X-Five.  Maybe I just like the gun better - truth be told, I doubt I could tell that much difference in the triggers.

3 hours ago, Skans said:

My understanding is that it doesn't have a magazine disconnect, that they eliminated that part.  Which would be an improvement.

I know.  You like the trigger dingus - there's that!:D  More power to you for being able to shoot a Glock well!  Seriously, that's respectable.

I'll take the Hi-Power trigger over my Ruger Mark II.  Not that the Mark II is bad, but it's not as good as my Hi Power.  The only trigger I like better is that in my Sig X-Five.  Maybe I just like the gun better - truth be told, I doubt I could tell that much difference in the triggers.

Trigger, for me, are:

- S/A Revolver.

- Any other S/A/D/A pistol.

- GLOCK.

8>)

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Spartan said:

Yeah... I find myself lusting for one....

I've always liked the Hi-Power, and this one looks like a good one!

Got to be a deal for a quality improved High-Power.

Tryin' to like it...

... but the CZ PCR Compact keeps gettin' in the frame.

On 11/12/2021 at 9:49 AM, Blue Devil said:

Got to be a deal for a quality improved High-Power.

Tryin' to like it...

... but the CZ PCR Compact keeps gettin' in the frame.

Hey, everybody's got their favorites and their bucket-list firearms.  The CZ is a great gun; I've shot them and they are incredibly accurate, reliable... pretty much EVERYTHING you could want out of a serious use sidearm... but they don't fit my hand anywhere near as good as a classic Hi-Power with low-profile grips does.  But then, the Hi-Power has been an on-again, off-again love affair with me for most of my adult life.

I was discussing the introduction of the new Hi-Power the other day, and when we saw each other a couple of days after that, he showed me HIS favorite pistol:

Pin on Guns

Yost Custom SRT Hi-Power.  Soon as it hit my hand I knew what my next project was going to be....

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

Hey, everybody's got their favorites and their bucket-list firearms.  The CZ is a great gun; I've shot them and they are incredibly accurate, reliable... pretty much EVERYTHING you could want out of a serious use sidearm... but they don't fit my hand anywhere near as good as a classic Hi-Power with low-profile grips does.  But then, the Hi-Power has been an on-again, off-again love affair with me for most of my adult life.

I was discussing the introduction of the new Hi-Power the other day, and when we saw each other a couple of days after that, he showed me HIS favorite pistol:

Pin on Guns

Yost Custom SRT Hi-Power.  Soon as it hit my hand I knew what my next project was going to be....

Well...

If you like the platform... got to believe that the improved SA High-Power would be the deal at < $700.

1 hour ago, Skans said:

About 90% of all semi-auto handguns will be one of these  5 types:

1.  Glock / Glock-a-like

2. 1911

3. CZ 75 or CZ clone

4. Hi Power or Hi Power Clone

5. Beretta 92 or 92 Clone.

Started w/ a 6+1 Firestar .40, when the .40 S&W cartridge was released.

Transitioned to the 13+1 Glock G23.2/.4 when they became available.

Added a Glock 6+1 G36 .45 ACP for EDC.

Added a 7+1 SA 1911-A1 .45 ACP for the desk drawer.

A 4" Bbl'ed 8+1 G36 (same upper), chambered in .40, would be an ideal EDC.

[not_holding_breath]

17 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

Started w/ a 6+1 Firestar .40, when the .40 S&W cartridge was released.

Transitioned to the 13+1 Glock G23.2/.4 when they became available.

Added a Glock 6+1 G36 .45 ACP for EDC.

Added a 7+1 SA 1911-A1 .45 ACP for the desk drawer.

A 4" Bbl'ed 8+1 G36 (same upper), chambered in .40, would be an ideal EDC.

[not_holding_breath]

Firestar - cool!  That's a chunk of steel.  I have a Megastar 45 - holds something like 14 rounds.  The thing is huge and impractical and is mostly just a safe queen.  I can't seem to part with it though.

1 hour ago, Skans said:

Firestar - cool!  That's a chunk of steel.  I have a Megastar 45 - holds something like 14 rounds.  The thing is huge and impractical and is mostly just a safe queen.  I can't seem to part with it though.

Safe queens - are like hot women that still put out.

As long as there's still room for'em...

8>)

• Thumb up 1