Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×

The fairest way to tax people would be a national sales tax.

I don't know the exact percentage, but the more you buy the more tax you pay. Rich people buy more and expensive items than poor people so they would pay more. No deductions, no loopholes. People cannot work under the table. 

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Wallco1 said:

I don't know the exact percentage, but the more you buy the more tax you pay. Rich people buy more and expensive items than poor people so they would pay more. No deductions, no loopholes. People cannot work under the table. 

Rich people spend a smaller proportion of their income on consumer goods than poorer people do.

Sales tax is regressive and unfair.

I agree, actually. 

This is partially how Canada funds their health care.

It was also political suicide for the man who passed it, and his party was completely destroyed forever and absorbed by a more right wing party. 

5 minutes ago, slideman said:

Rich people spend a smaller proportion of their income on consumer goods than poorer people do.

They buy more expensive things, though. I don't think it's unfair at all. 

10 minutes ago, slideman said:

You are wrong. The more money you make the more you spend.  Better cars, clothes, better food etc. But the choice is up to each person. You want to pay less, spend less.  

8 minutes ago, Toldya said:

They buy more expensive things, though. I don't think it's unfair at all. 

They spend a smaller proportion of their income on consumer goods by far.

Sales tax is regressive and unfair

1 minute ago, Wallco1 said:

You are stupid

No I'm telling the truth.

Someone who makes a billion dollars might spend less than 1% of his income on consumer goods.

He will pay a tiny proportion of his income in sales tax.

18 minutes ago, slideman said:

Depends on how you structure it and what is taxed.

For example...make ground meat non-taxed, make prime-rib taxable.  Of, make select and choice grade meat non-taxed, prime grade and better taxed.  Apparel...shirts costing less than $50 are non-taxable...all others taxable.  Shoes costing less than $120 are non-taxable...all others are taxed.

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

Depends on how you structure it and what is taxed.

For example...make ground meat non-taxed, make prime-rib taxable.  Of, make select and choice grade meat non-taxed, prime grade and better taxed.  Apparel...shirts costing less than $50 are non-taxable...all others taxable.  Shoes costing less than $120 are non-taxable...all others are taxed.

That doesn't address my point about the guy with a billion dollars of income who spends less than 1% of his income on consumer goods.

He gets away with a much lower tax rate than somebody who makes $100,000 a year.

24 minutes ago, slideman said:

That is a Communist fraud.

Consumption is consumption.

... and what people consume is what is taxed.

Fair, Comrade.

quote-but-let-me-offer-you-my-definition

1 minute ago, Wallco1 said:

Same percentage on all items. You buy expensive items you pay more tax. Cheap items pay less. Personal choice. Everybody should pay taxes. 

You are being willfully dense.

Someone who makes a billion dollars a year will spending less than 1% of his income on consumer goods.

He will pay an effectively lower tax rate than someone who makes $100,000 and spends 10% of his income on consumer goods.

Try not to be dumb

2 minutes ago, slideman said:

You are being willfully dense.

Someone who makes a billion dollars a year will spending less than 1% of his income on consumer goods.

He will pay an effectively lower tax rate than someone who makes $100,000 and spends 10% of his income on consumer goods.

Try not to be dumb

Communist Fraud.

How Much a person makes, or how Successful a person is - is None Of Your Fuckin' Business, Comrade.

1 minute ago, slideman said:

By taking this position you are the cat's paw of the billionaires.

I guess that is not surprising as the entire Republican Enterprise is a cat's paw for the billionaires.

Carry on

You are a fuckin' Communist.

2 minutes ago, slideman said:

Nazis always try to paint the opposition as communist.

You think YOU should profit from Other's Success and Wealth.

Go fuck yourself, Marxist piece of shit.

marxism.jpg

Just now, slideman said:

That doesn't address my point about the guy with a billion dollars of income who spends less than 1% of his income on consumer goods.

He gets away with a much lower tax rate than somebody who makes $100,000 a year.

What you don't seem to be able to grasp is how much money is spent.

Let's assume, for the sake of discussion, this "National Sales Tax" is set at 15%.

Take your two numbers;  Assume, since you didn't mention a percentage spent, the person making $100,000 spends 20% on consumable goods with the rest going to housing, utilities, retirement, etc.  Take his $20,000 in spending at 15% and he pays $3,000 is taxes (remember, his federal withholding are now $0)  Now the "guy with a billion dollars of income" spends 0.75% of his income on consumer goods...that amounts to $7,500,000 at 15%...or $1,125,000 is taxes.

Just now, Blue Devil said:

You think YOU should profit from Other's Success and Wealth.

Go fuck yourself, Marxist piece of shit.

marxism.jpg

I'm not a Marxist.

Nazis always try to paint their opponents as communist.

Nazi.

Wants to murder half the country

Just now, BatteryPowered said:

What you don't seem to be able to grasp is how much money is spent.

Let's assume, for the sake of discussion, this "National Sales Tax" is set at 15%.

Take your two numbers;  Assume, since you didn't mention a percentage spent, the person making $100,000 spends 20% on consumable goods with the rest going to housing, utilities, retirement, etc.  Take his $20,000 in spending at 15% and he pays $3,000 is taxes (remember, his federal withholding are now $0)  Now the "guy with a billion dollars of income" spends 0.75% of his income on consumer goods...that amounts to $7,500,000 at 15%...or $1,125,000 is taxes.

Yes the billionaire is paying a much smaller proportion of his income and taxes than the guy who was making $100,000.

Are you stupid

Just now, slideman said:

Yes the billionaire is paying a much smaller proportion of his income and taxes than the guy who was making $100,000.

Are you stupid

He pays more you fucking retard