Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×

I'm calling bullshit on this

7 minutes ago, Toldya said:

The trend started in 2019, and was created by Trump. 

So if you want to argue it is a crisis, then you can blame him for it. 

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20191125/immigration-court-backlog-has-nearly-doubled-under-trump

The decision to reopen previously closed cases has single-handedly exacerbated the immigration court crisis, yet it has not received sufficient attention,” the TRAC report states. “This single policy decision has caused a much greater increase in the court’s backlog than have all currently pending cases from families and individuals arrested along the southwest border seeking asylum.”

Others blamed the delays in part on one of Trump’s earliest executive orders, from January 2017, when he made every immigrant who was in the country illegally a priority for deportation. The norm had been to prioritize those who had committed crimes.

But of course, you probably won't. 

I was not really commenting on the case backlog, but since you brought it up...

Would you agree that the more cases created increases the backlog?

If so, there is one thing that would help alleviate the backlog. Stop creating so many cases. IOW...stop allowing so many people in the country.

6 minutes ago, Toldya said:

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20191125/immigration-court-backlog-has-nearly-doubled-under-trump

The decision to reopen previously closed cases has single-handedly exacerbated the immigration court crisis, yet it has not received sufficient attention,” the TRAC report states. “This single policy decision has caused a much greater increase in the court’s backlog than have all currently pending cases from families and individuals arrested along the southwest border seeking asylum.”

Others blamed the delays in part on one of Trump’s earliest executive orders, from January 2017, when he made every immigrant who was in the country illegally a priority for deportation. The norm had been to prioritize those who had committed crimes.

But of course, you probably won't. 

You're talking backlogs in the courts dipshit. Of course there's going to be more because he ended the 'catch and release' resulting in everything in court right away, deporting those who 'deserved' it and making the illegals sit in Mexico...

Oh, and did you forget fuckhead joe rescinded all that causing an onslaught on the border?

1 minute ago, superds77 said:

If so, there is one thing that would help alleviate the backlog. Stop creating so many cases. IOW...stop allowing so many people in the country.

Exactly...it's not rocket science...

8 minutes ago, superds77 said:

No, it was Trump's policy change, as referred to in the article. His policy has delayed asylum application processing endlessly and made it easier for people to stay longer... which has caused them to flock to the border, which is now overwhelmed. 

The policy has been undone but the backlog remains... it's not a good situation. 

And you can't just undo the US policy on refugee applications... there are laws that need to be followed. 

16 minutes ago, Toldya said:

The decision to reopen previously closed cases has single-handedly exacerbated the immigration court crisis,

Trump tried save America from  illegals, criminals and  people  who take from us.    That was his job.

• MORON! 1

Just now, Toldya said:

Trump's policy change, as referred to in the article. His policy has delayed asylum applications and made it easier for people to stay longer... which has caused them to flock to the border, which is now overwhelmed. 

Bulsshit.   Trump's policy was stay out until you get approved.

The policy has been undone but the backlog remains... it's not a good situation. 

And you can't just undo the US policy on refugee applications... there are laws that need to be followed. 

So let's stop the bleeding!

Yeah, I wonder how closely our laws are being followed with respect to "asylum". The definition of which has been twisted beyond all rational understanding.

Despite that, our law does not REQUIRE that we let essentially all who want to come to OUR country come. Which is what the current practice seems to be.

10 hours ago, Toldya said:

Stop consuming right wing news. 

Problem solved.

Really? I listed to NPR every morning nd every afternoon and check several news feeds everyday with the emphasis on left leaning networks. I know who the liars are.

6 hours ago, Michaelf said:

Really? I listed to NPR every morning nd every afternoon and check several news feeds everyday with the emphasis on left leaning networks. I know who the liars are.

That means nothing.

1 hour ago, Toldya said:

Your ignorance is insurmountable. 

So I suppose the border was a "poison pill" left by Trump for Biden just like Afghanistan and COVID, and the supply chain disruptions huh?

But I thought Trump was an ignorant and arrogant asshole?

Seems to me like he has played the Dems like a violin... according to leftist logic anyway.

3 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

So I suppose the border was a "poison pill" left by Trump for Biden just like Afghanistan and COVID, and the supply chain disruptions huh?

But I thought Trump was an ignorant and arrogant asshole?

Seems to me like he has played the Dems like a violin... according to leftist logic anyway.

It wasn't a poison pill. 

It was simply incompetence.

It wasn't a poison pill. 

It was simply incompetence.

So... Trump was setting himself up for failure in a second term.

Not a question.

By your logic, he was completely incompetent and would have suffered the same fate as the current admin, or he was a genius... knowing that the Dems would fall into his trap.

There really are no other choices.

55 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

So... Trump was setting himself up for failure in a second term.

Not a question.

By your logic, he was completely incompetent and would have suffered the same fate as the current admin, or he was a genius... knowing that the Dems would fall into his trap.

There really are no other choices.

He was incompetent.

He created a shit situation that would have also happened in his second term, but wouldn't have mattered because he would have distracted everyone as always.

He wasn't trying to fail, he just did.

3 minutes ago, Toldya said:

He was incompetent.

He created a shit situation that would have also happened in his second term, but wouldn't have mattered because he would have distracted everyone as always.

He wasn't trying to fail, he just did.

So let's run with that.

The Southern border would have failed, COVID would be as bad as ever, and Timmy doesn't get his new game for Christmas.

How does that benefit Trump?

I don't see the logic here.

Just now, rippy38 said:

So let's run with that.

The Southern border would have failed, COVID would be as bad as ever, and Timmy doesn't get his new game for Christmas.

How does that benefit Trump?

I don't see the logic here.

It doesn't benefit him. 

I never said it would. 

But with Trumpites, it doesn't matter. They wouldn't know anything about it. 

1 minute ago, Toldya said:

It doesn't benefit him. 

I never said it would. 

But with Trumpites, it doesn't matter. They wouldn't know anything about it. 

But... Trump is a grifter... right?

So, what does he get?

Because he has to get something... otherwise, why play the game?

5 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

But... Trump is a grifter... right?

So, what does he get?

Because he has to get something... otherwise, why play the game?

Wtf are you even talking about?

1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

What does Trump get by having a horrible second term, if he had won?

He wouldn't get anything. It wouldn't benefit him. It doesn't benefit anyone. 

Stop pretending I have said things I haven't said.

20 minutes ago, Toldya said:

He wouldn't get anything. It wouldn't benefit him. It doesn't benefit anyone. 

Stop pretending I have said things I haven't said.

All I am saying is, there has to be a "win"... right?

Just applying logic to the situation.