Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×

You’ve admitted to obstruction of justice':

A Capitol rioter tried to defend himself in court. He was charged with 2 more felonies

When one Capitol rioter decided to self-represent in court, he was forewarned by the judge that testifying on his own behalf could result in additional charges and him being sent back to jail. Unfortunately for the defendant, the judge was correct.

https://www.alternet.org/2021/10/capitol-rioter-2655290265/

Just now, calguy said:

These stupid idiots think they know it all. 

A lot of them actually think their guns are going to solve their problems when what they need are lawyers.

Lol

• Downvote 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Duck615 said:

Fucking liberal judge

It has nothing to do with whether the judge is liberal or conservative duck.

There is an old saying that the lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client.

That goes double for a non lawyer

This guy was an idiot and reaped the whirlwind as a result.

• Thumb up 1

52 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

Yeah, that guy is a moron.   

Just the fact that these folks thought they could overturn the election by storming the Capital building tells you they weren't too smart from the get-go.

• Downvote 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, calguy said:

Just the fact that these folks thought they could overturn the election by storming the Capital building tells you they weren't too smart from the get-go.

That's not what they were doing

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, calguy said:

Some of them probably just got wrapped in the emotion of the moment, but the vast majority were just idiots that thought they could accomplish something productive.  Definitely not the kind of thing anybody should back at fondly.   

2 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

Some of them probably just got wrapped in the emotion of the moment, but the vast majority were just idiots that thought they could accomplish something productive.  Definitely not the kind of thing anybody should back at fondly.   

Looks to me like there was an organized effort leading a band of unsuspecting lemmings to follow them as they worked towards their objective to overturn the results of the election. All speculation on my part, of course. 

13 minutes ago, calguy said:

Looks to me like there was an organized effort leading a band of unsuspecting lemmings to follow them as they worked towards their objective to overturn the results of the election. All speculation on my part, of course. 

I honestly dont think their objective was to overturn the election.   It was to invoke fear and anger.   Then they can use it later.    It was a primer, and both sides are doing it in their own ways.  

1 minute ago, crazyhole said:

I honestly dont think their objective was to overturn the election.   It was to invoke fear and anger.   Then they can use it later.    It was a primer, and both sides are doing it in their own ways.  

They didn't get their way by voting and decided to get their way by other means. Violently. 

• Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Zaro said:

They didn't get their way by voting and decided to get their way by other means. Violently. 

Only violence was when a black cop shot an unarmed white woman ... which was a murder he never got charged with ...

7 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

Only violence was when a black cop shot an unarmed white woman ... which was a murder he never got charged with ...

Cry me a river

2 hours ago, slideman said:

A Capitol rioter tried to defend himself in court. He was charged with 2 more felonies

When one Capitol rioter decided to self-represent in court, he was forewarned by the judge that testifying on his own behalf could result in additional charges and him being sent back to jail. Unfortunately for the defendant, the judge was correct.

https://www.alternet.org/2021/10/capitol-rioter-2655290265/

From your article:

For nearly two hours, Fellows reportedly continued rambling as he shared his endless grievances about life behind bars.

Very doubtful.  No judge is going to let self-testimony go on that long.

52 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

I think it was. Trump's plan was to have Mike Pence throw out the electors in a few swing states and put it in the hands of The House of Representatives, in which case trump would have won. When Pence said he wouldn't go along with the plan, trump incited the riot to try to intimidate Pence to do his bidding. 

Once again, pure speculation on my part. It's all any of us had. 

We have a select committee investigating this and I hope they're able to get to the bottom of it.

30 minutes ago, Zaro said:

Show me the big picture

Its an example of conditioning people psychologically to fear and hate an 'enemy'.    Stuff like this takes it from the hypothetical to a real-life experience that other people see happen.   Nobody believes that those idiots were going to overturn the election, but they saw what revolution looks like.