I'm hearing calls for Orgeron's head!

rippy38

21 hours ago, rippy38 said:

Damn, the SEC is brutal!

@Blue Devil

Gave'em an undefeated National Title Season a few years ago.

CV19, Hurricanes, and the SEC recruiting violations the booster club earned that cost him Ten(10) scholarships, have all put Coach O in a bind the last few Seasons.

If he can't turn it around by next Season, however, he might be in some actual trouble.

On 10/12/2021 at 4:19 PM, Blue Devil said:

Gave'em an undefeated National Title Season a few years ago.

CV19, Hurricanes, and the SEC recruiting violations the booster club earned that cost him Ten(10) scholarships, have all put Coach O in a bind the last few Seasons.

If he can't turn it around by next Season, however, he might be in some actual trouble.

He caught lightning in a bottle with a transfer QB that had a once in a lifetime season.  He's .500 since.  I don't give any coach a pass for COVID...every program in the country had to deal with it.

After year three...he's dealing with HIS recruits and the results aren't stellar.  Big time programs are expected to win...he isn't.

17 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

He caught lightning in a bottle with a transfer QB that had a once in a lifetime season.  He's .500 since.  I don't give any coach a pass for COVID...every program in the country had to deal with it.

After year three...he's dealing with HIS recruits and the results aren't stellar.  Big time programs are expected to win...he isn't.

It's cumulative.

And he's Ten scholarships short.

Might be why they don't have a tailback this Season.

That makes a lot of difference to a now one-dimensional offense.

On 10/15/2021 at 4:17 PM, Blue Devil said:

It's cumulative.

And he's Ten scholarships short.

Might be why they don't have a tailback this Season.

That makes a lot of difference to a now one-dimensional offense.

Apparently the "O" in Coach O now stands for "Outta here."

1 minute ago, Blue Devil said:

... w/ a $16.95 million buy-out?

Don't blame him.

LSU - is bein' run by nut-jobs at present.

Based on what I have heard...the real reason is off the field conduct.  Basically, he is yet to meet a woman he didn't think it was OK to hit on...including the wife of a high profile supporter.

37 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

Based on what I have heard...the real reason is off the field conduct.  Basically, he is yet to meet a woman he didn't think it was OK to hit on...including the wife of a high profile supporter.

Whatever...

He has his pot'o'gold and arguably the Best Season in the history of Collage Football.

... and he ain't a soul-less snake like Nick Saban.

(who also gave LSU a National Championship... but then ran off, like a thief in the night)

Well, LSU will have no shortage of suitors. One of the top 5 jobs in America. Prime recruiting county, tradition, fan support like few others, but not in a major media market so the players are shielded a bit from the most intense of scrutiny. 

They have some interesting out of conference games coming up. Florida State in 2022 and 2023 (both neutral site), USC in 2024, and Clemson in 2025 and 2026

7 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Well, LSU will have no shortage of suitors. One of the top 5 jobs in America. Prime recruiting county, tradition, fan support like few others, but not in a major media market so the players are shielded a bit from the most intense of scrutiny. 

They have some interesting out of conference games coming up. Florida State in 2022 and 2023 (both neutral site), USC in 2024, and Clemson in 2025 and 2026

A heard a few talking heads saying they think that Dabo may end up at LSU... and that Jimbo Fisher was a hot prospect as well.

Dan Mullen may need something next season as well.

LOL

13 hours ago, rippy38 said:

A heard a few talking heads saying they think that Dabo may end up at LSU... and that Jimbo Fisher was a hot prospect as well.

Dan Mullen may need something next season as well.

LOL

If I was Jimbo Fisher, I would not take the job. It would be a bit of a lateral move. 

The candidates that I would be looking at are

1. James Franklin - Penn State

2. Billy Napier - Louisiana

3. Luke Fickell - Cincinnati

4. Jay Norvell - Nevada

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 12:56 PM, impartialobserver said:

If I was Jimbo Fisher, I would not take the job. It would be a bit of a lateral move. 

The candidates that I would be looking at are

1. James Franklin - Penn State

2. Billy Napier - Louisiana

3. Luke Fickell - Cincinnati

4. Jay Norvell - Nevada

Napier at Florida - he can't do much worse than Mullen.  Maybe the Gators will keep him around for a couple of seasons.

2 hours ago, Skans said:

Napier at Florida - he can't do much worse than Mullen.  Maybe the Gators will keep him around for a couple of seasons.

Napier has been secretly working magic in Lafayette, Louisiana. It is hard to recruit to Sun Belt schools. 40 -12 over 4 years, no losing seasons, two bowl wins, and really no bad losses. Even their one loss to Texas this year was rather competitive. The final score will tell you that it was a blow out but watch highlights and you will see that they were in the game until mid-4th quarter. His success was tied to his teams being disciplined and not beating themselves. It is a cliche but the data backs it up. His teams were almost the least penalized and they did not have games where it was 24-21 and then 5 minutes later, it was 45-21 (them losing).