Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×

Liberals - The Same Reason GLOCK's Don't Come w/ Seat Belts...

Blue Devil

They Don't Need an External Safety - because then have Three(3) passive Internal Safeties.

Want a Pistol that won't fire?

Unload it.

Want a "grip-n-rip" SD pistol to defend yourself and your love-ones from immediate threat/harm?

... buy a GLOCK.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, DerangedResponse said:

I'll stick with a revolver. Murphy likes to hang around me too much. 

Whatever works for you.

But for a grip-n-rip, a GLOCK is hard to beat.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, DerangedResponse said:

@blue devil and squatchman.... So y'all like glocks, huh? More than a sig?

Glocks are fine guns; I've trained with them heavily over the years and appreciate a lot of their qualities; but I tend to need to tune them a bit to get them right in my hands.  Like you, I've been carrying a revolver more than any other platform lately and appreciating its unfailing reliability.

When it comes to Glocks versus Sigs, I've trained with both, and I find the Glock a hair more reliable under more austere conditions.  I like the Sigs (I love the 228 to distraction) but I've had more malfunctions (mostly failures to feed) with the Sig than with the Glock.  Not many more, but enough to be noticeable.  That said, I ran a Sig 220 .45 for about five years that I couldn't make fail no matter what I did, so YMMV.

4 hours ago, DerangedResponse said:

@blue devil and squatchman.... So y'all like glocks, huh? More than a sig?

Context:

I've has a GLOCK G23.2 .40 as my primary carry pistol since the early 90's.

Transitioned to the G23.4, and then the G36 .45 ACP maybe a decade ago, w/ the G23.4 as a go-to-war pistol.

Today, lots of manufactures produce excellent Tupperware pistols.

Metal frame pistols are heavier, so not as good a choice for carry.

Of those, I have a basic Springfield 1911-A1 Mil-Spec .45 ACP, which does the same thing the Sig P220 SAO does at half the cost.

FN makes some fine pistols as well.

Also have a micro Sig P939 9mm Para, because it is light weight, rugged, and very compact.

I know Compact GLOCK's, like a hammer.

... in a hurry, in the dark, in the middle of the night.

They are affordable, precise enough, fit my hand like they used it for the mold, and they work.

And, while not popular, happen to think that the G36 is Perfect for SD carry.

But that's just me.

On 10/10/2021 at 10:11 AM, Blue Devil said:

Whatever works for you.

But for a grip-n-rip, a GLOCK is hard to beat.

I'm not into Glocks for self defense.   I much prefer DAO or DA/SA with a decocker.  On SAO or Glock-Action, I would prefer an external safety.  I'd also prefer a slide-lock that stops the slide from cycling, making it a single-shot manually "suppressor-friendly" operated gun.   Glocks are meant to work only with a holster.  Not the kind of gun you can slip into a pocket or have in a nightstand unholstered.

On 10/9/2021 at 11:16 AM, Blue Devil said:

They Don't Need an External Safety - because then have Three(3) passive Internal Safeties.

Want a Pistol that won't fire?

Unload it.

Want a "grip-n-rip" SD pistol to defend yourself and your love-ones from immediate threat/harm?

... buy a GLOCK.

That rig the woman is wearing looks VERY uncomfortable.

5 hours ago, DerangedResponse said:

A few people I ride with like them Taurus Judges. Yeah. That'll probably be the next gun I get. That's another reason I prefer revolvers. Kinda hard to pull that slide when you're in traffic haulin ass. And a .410 can ruin a cager's day that's trying to ruin yours.

GLOCKs - you can carry hot.

Same w/ most modern automatics.

• Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, DerangedResponse said:

You're not worried about bumping that pin doing that? I have very limited experience with automatics. I've only shot ones others had. 

I wear mine chambered every day.

And I run heavy equipment(feller buncher) in the woods. Lots of hard bumps all day long. It's like riding a mechanical bull on a rollercoaster.

No worries.

You could throw one at a wall and it won't go off. 

It's why blue devil calls them grip 'n rip guns.

I love both of mine.

8 hours ago, DerangedResponse said:

You're not worried about bumping that pin doing that? I have very limited experience with automatics. I've only shot ones others had. 

GLOCK's - have Three(3) passive safeties:

... and they don't just, "... go off."

One needs to only:

1. keep your bugger-picker off the bang-switch.

2. Show due care in re-holstering - as a foreign object like clothing, or a loose flap on an inappropriate holster, can lodge in the trigger guard and activate the trigger when you shove the pistol home.

My regular carry holster is a GALCO Stow-n-Go swede IWB, and is designed w/ a vertical cut opening and wire reinforced mouth to prevent intrusion.

Picture_001_1024.jpg

So that just leaves clothing to contend with.

NEVER be in a hurry to re-holster.

The fight will be over by them.

There is no problem w/ a speedy draw, as long as you practice it.

I use this technique to good effect and highly recommend it over all others:

Keep the questions coming.

@DerangedResponse

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Blue Devil said:

GLOCK's - have Three(3) passive safeties:

... and they don't just, "... go off."

One needs to only:

1. keep your bugger-picker off the bang-switch.

2. Show due care in re-holstering - as a foreign object like clothing, or a loose flap on an inappropriate holster, can lodge in the trigger guard and activate the trigger when you shove the pistol home.

My regular carry holster is a GALCO Stow-n-Go swede IWB, and is designed w/ a vertical cut opening and wire reinforced mouth to prevent intrusion.

Picture_001_1024.jpg

So that just leaves clothing to contend with.

NEVER be in a hurry to re-holster.

The fight will be over by them.

There is no problem w/ a speedy draw, as long as you practice it.

I use this technique to good effect and highly recommend it over all others:

Keep the questions coming.

@DerangedResponse

Thanks for all the info.

17 hours ago, DerangedResponse said:

Thanks for all the info.

The biggest gripe RE: GLOCKs, at least the std. mdls... is the grip size.

They are blocky, because the magazines are both double-stack and polymer lined.

The .45 ACP's, except for the slimline single-stack G36, are 'uge.

The 9mm/.40's are pretty comfortable to a med-lg sized hand, especially in the compact G19/23 frame.

The newer 9mm sub-compacts, namely the G43/48, are pretty nice for smaller hands.

So if you are interested in a GLOCK, make sure to find your fit first, as caliber choice these days, given good ammo, is secondary.

For SD/HD, would probably start w/ the compact 9mm G48, and then try the compact .40 G23.4.

For CCW, the 9mm G43, G48, and G36 .45 ACP.

On 10/14/2021 at 12:22 PM, Blue Devil said:

GLOCKs - you can carry hot.

Same w/ most modern automatics.

I pocket carry.  That's why Glock doesn't work for me.  My main carry is a Diamondback DB9.  DAO, but very light trigger for a DAO.  It is screwed into a pocket holster that is barely legal. If the holster covered the slide, it would make it an AOW.  But, there is no need to cover the slide - it's nearly flush with the slide.  This holster was originally made for a Ruger LC9.  The LC9 was too big,  - swapped it for a DB9, whch is significantly smaller. But, I kept the holster and modified it to fit the DB9.  You shoot it with the holster on.  It keeps the gun in a position where it is easy to grab out of your pocket, and it prints like a wallet, if it prints at all. 

Yes, it is awkward to shoot.  And, you can't be stupid when you grab the gun  - this takes practice. But, I'm not bad with it.  I gave the Diamondback a fluff and buff, and it's super easy for me to carry.  I mostly wear dress slacks and a tucked-in button shirt. Finding something easy to carry ain't easy.