Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×
guests can now post ×
welcome guests . feel free to test the waters. ×

Alpha v/s Beta

9 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

There are some serious beta qualities that are extremely attractive. I’m not wrong 

Name Three.

I'll help you out w/ a few:

- They will enjoy purse shopping w/ you.

- You could finally use that two-for-one coupon at the beauty parlor.

- You will always have your toenails polished.

Good luck w/ that.

Ha!

15 hours ago, Blue Devil said:

The rights of the individual vs. the will of the collective.  Great speech.  I think I am unfamiliar with the movie that clip came from.

14 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

I disagree . I would never want someone to worship me. Nor would I them.

I wasn't speaking of you.  You don't strike me as a hard-core Alpha female, and believe me, that's not an insult.  They do crave attention and they do need to be the center of attention.  The Alpha female is highly ambitious and competitive.  If you do not see things "their way", they tend to blow up at you.  I dated an Alpha female for 4 years.  Something about her was a bit "off".  She was intelligent, but shallow, and emotionally damaged.  It wasn't until I got to know her family that I even began to understand what I got involved with.  

38 minutes ago, Skans said:

I wasn't speaking of you.  You don't strike me as a hard-core Alpha female, and believe me, that's not an insult.  They do crave attention and they do need to be the center of attention.  The Alpha female is highly ambitious and competitive.  If you do not see things "their way", they tend to blow up at you.  I dated an Alpha female for 4 years.  Something about her was a bit "off".  She was intelligent, but shallow, and emotionally damaged.  It wasn't until I got to know her family that I even began to understand what I got involved with.  

I get it. I may fall somewhere in the middle. 

1 hour ago, Skans said:

The rights of the individual vs. the will of the collective.  Great speech.  I think I am unfamiliar with the movie that clip came from.

Ayn Rand's, The Fountainhead.

Great movie... Outstanding book.

I think there's some confusion to terminology.

Alphas are the top dogs, the natural leaders.

Betas are just under the Alphas, sort of middle managers.

Omegas are the bottom rung, in the struggle for resources, they get the left overs.

All three are members of the hierarchy.

Sigmas, however, don't respect the hierarchy, they're your lone wolf's. They have the leadership qualities of alphas, yet they prefer living on the edges of society.

20 hours ago, slideman said:

I'd note the "alpha male" is not required to be kind humane sensitive or intelligent.

Just a hypermasculine asshole attempting to assert dominance.

Fascists love it.

Now this type of behavior is Beta. The look at me, pay attention to me.

Alphas don't have to beg for attention, the minute they walk into a room all eyes are locked on them.

21 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

Aren't alpha males more tied to high blood pressure?  

My late BIL was definitely an alpha male (utterly repugnant) and 

kicked the bucket on the sofa.  No doctor is going to tell an alpha male to take high blood pressure meds, eh?  

20 hours ago, Skans said:

The smart dog learns after having his nose rubbed in his own shit.  The stupid dog just mindlessly walks around with shit on his nose not understanding how or why it got there.

The unfortunate thing is that once his nose is rubbed in crap, all he can smell is crap.

20 hours ago, Skans said:

I had a serious relationship with a hard-core Alpha woman.  She always had to be the center of attention; wanted to be in the limelight, was emotionally insecure and had ambitions of being famous.  We were intellectually compatible, but politically polar opposite and came from different backgrounds. Great sex, stupid fights, several break-ups.  Finally, we both had enough and realized that what we had would never work out on a permanent basis.  I think we both had a deep sigh of relief when we were finally finished with each other. 

19 hours ago, Skans said:

A true Female Alpha craves a guy(s) who will worship her.  I know one who has been married, never divorced and has 2 children.   They guy who married her was an ugly little shit who would refer to her as his "blond goddess".  He's smart, persistent and makes good coin, though.

This sounds more like someone with narcissistic personality disorder or maybe borderline personality disorder.

4 minutes ago, JaySolo said:

This sounds more like someone with narcissistic personality disorder or maybe borderline personality disorder.

Perhaps you are right.  I did care for her and wish her no ill will, so I think I'll just stop at that.

7 hours ago, Skans said:

I'll have to check it out. 

Ayn Rand - The Fountainhead

It is an Omega Touchstone - and Howard Roark, a Prophet.

Should be required reading for HS Graduation.

@Skans

9 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

Ayn Rand - The Fountainhead

It is an Omega Touchstone - and Howard Roark, a Prophet.

Should be required reading for HS Graduation.

@Skans

It is a  rather silly novel about an architect who is hired to design a building and takes a vacation before it is completed. When he finds that his instructions were not followed, he blows the building up. 

Rand said that the film was great and wonderful... for a while, and then denounced it and said she would not allow any of her works to be made into films unless she chose the director.

As a novel, it is certainly better  than the hideously long and poorly written Atlas Shrugged.

8 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

It is a  rather silly novel about an architect who is hired to design a building and takes a vacation before it is completed. When he finds that his instructions were not followed, he blows the building up. 

Rand said that the film was great and wonderful... for a while, and then denounced it and said she would not allow any of her works to be made into films unless she chose the director.

As a novel, it is certainly better  than the hideously long and poorly written Atlas Shrugged.

Yes, Academic Communist Malcontents absolutely HATE Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead.

... as they are exposed for what they are and gutted for it.

Ha!

20 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I loved The Fountainhead.

American Free Enterprise Capitalism.

This book has been mandatory reading in many colleges.

The movie was excellent, also.

Gary Cooper did an A++ job.         

I loved Ayn Rand.

She could make your brain think........& your heart to soar.                            😎...  🍺

54 minutes ago, Taipan said:

I loved The Fountainhead.

American Free Enterprise Capitalism.

This book has been mandatory reading in many colleges.

The movie was excellent, also.

Gary Cooper did an A++ job.         

I loved Ayn Rand.

She could make your brain think........& your heart to soar.                            😎...  🍺

American Liberty and Motivated Self-interest.

Academic Communist Malcontents... Hate that.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Imgreatagain said:

Ok. So this a spoof . I would never act like that with my manfriend. 

So you are more of a "Spare the Rod - Spoil the Woman" kinda girl?

8>)

2 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

So you are more of a "Spare the Rod - Spoil the Woman" kinda girl?

8>)

Spoiled people become assholes. Mutual respect. Passion. Laughter . Connection. Good food. 
happy life