Jump to content
Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×
guests can now post ×
welcome guests . feel free to test the waters. ×

Alpha v/s Beta


Recommended Posts

I will say that I do not think that most people squarely fit in one category or the other. Most are a mix of sorts. Different backgrounds, technology, different life experiences, genetics, all make for a wide spectrum. My best friend looks and acts like the Jax Teller character from Sons of Anarchy. Behind the scenes, he is not an alpha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, slideman said:

I'm watching fascists try to take over my country.

Cause for concern.

The smart dog learns after having his nose rubbed in his own shit.  The stupid dog just mindlessly walks around with shit on his nose not understanding how or why it got there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slideman said:

I'd note the "alpha male" is not required to be kind humane sensitive or intelligent.

Just a hypermasculine asshole attempting to assert dominance.

Fascists love it.

Then you have no idea what an alpha male is.

  • Thumb up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, slideman said:

I'd note the "alpha male" is not required to be kind humane sensitive or intelligent.

Just a hypermasculine asshole attempting to assert dominance.

Fascists love it.

That seems to be the flaw with alphas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To seek control over another is for the weak and simple minded. That being said, frequently being assertive and decisive is misconstrued as controlling. My in-laws while great people are maddeningly indecisive. They would view as wanting to dominate them because I can make a decision on most things within a minute. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

To seek control over another is for the weak and simple minded. That being said, frequently being assertive and decisive is misconstrued as controlling. My in-laws while great people are maddeningly indecisive. They would view as wanting to dominate them because I can make a decision on most things within a minute. 

Bingo.

 

Alphas are problem solvers, and leaders. Your typical alpha doesn't start trouble, but will not back down from it if someone else does.

 

Betas tend to see that as being "aggressive" because they themselves will back away from it.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

Bingo.

 

Alphas are problem solvers, and leaders. Your typical alpha doesn't start trouble, but will not back down from it if someone else does.

 

Betas tend to see that as being "aggressive" because they themselves will back away from it.

 

 

Life is all about picking one's battles. Some battles need not be fought let alone won. Which restaurant to go to with your spouse? What TV show to watch after the kids go to bed? Probably not worth getting worked up over and being in control.

 

Now whether or not to have your kids vaccinated? What schools they will attend? To get the extended warranty on the car? These are "battles" that need to be fought and therefore sitting back and being a cheerleader is not acceptable in the eyes of most. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Life is all about picking one's battles. Some battles need not be fought let alone won. Which restaurant to go to with your spouse? What TV show to watch after the kids go to bed? Probably not worth getting worked up over and being in control.

 

Now whether or not to have your kids vaccinated? What schools they will attend? To get the extended warranty on the car? These are "battles" that need to be fought and therefore sitting back and being a cheerleader is not acceptable in the eyes of most. 

I think you have alpha dominant or beta dominant personalities for the most part, but very very few that are all the way one or the other.

 

There is a little beta in every alpha, and vice versa. This is why you see big strong manly men moved to tears over something emotional sometimes, and meek guys snap and beat the hell out of a bully sometimes too.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

Bingo.

 

Alphas are problem solvers, and leaders. Your typical alpha doesn't start trouble, but will not back down from it if someone else does.

 

Betas tend to see that as being "aggressive" because they themselves will back away from it.

 

 

Alphas and Betas can both be problem solvers.  If, say Betas, couldn't solve problems and were basically totally useless dead fish, society would have few if any Betas.  Alphas do tend to be aggressive, and not always in a positive way. Betas do tend to be submissive, but not necessarily in a negative way.  Omegas are "outside the box" - can lead effectively, but are just as happy being a lone wolf.

 

In reality, I don't personally believe there are only 3 distinct personality types.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Skans said:

 

In reality, I don't personally believe there are only 3 distinct personality types.

I agree, but for the sake of the OP, I was just referring to the two types mentioned.

 

Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, king of the county said:

Female Alphas always end up with plan b 😉

A true Female Alpha craves a guy(s) who will worship her.  I know one who has been married, never divorced and has 2 children.   They guy who married her was an ugly little shit who would refer to her as his "blond goddess".  He's smart, persistent and makes good coin, though.

  • Thumb up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

Asking for a friend 

 

Well...

 

Would have to be schizophrenic... or a sociopath at the least.

 

A strange hybrid, that could alter the fabric of Humanity.

 

Probably just best to kill it and move on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Skans said:

You left one out - Omega Ω.  "There are men who do not want to run after money nor do they chase the women. They do not even seek approval of others and tend to do things in their own way. This unique, independent and odd type is the omega male."  https://themindfool.com/omega-male/

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

Can two alphas occupy the same space? Or will one most likely have to become beta? 

 

Think that's the only way it would work.

 

Alpha woman/Beta male... is a disgusting Liberal relationship.

 

Alpha's key off, and support, each other.

 

Force multipliers.

 

marriage-marriage-guns-demotivational-po

 

Win/win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, slideman said:

The veneration of the "Alpha male" is a characteristic of fascism and nazism.

 

 

Did you bother to read the linked definition, Communist Pussy?

 

An Alpha Male... is an American.

 

... and an endangered species - in these interesting times we live in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Skans said:

A true Female Alpha craves a guy(s) who will worship her.  I know one who has been married, never divorced and has 2 children.   They guy who married her was an ugly little shit who would refer to her as his "blond goddess".  He's smart, persistent and makes good coin, though.

I disagree . I would never want someone to worship me. Nor would I them.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having more money is not always a good thing. In this case, a lot of men opt to pay have someone else do the work such as fixing the fence, replacing the irrigation system, replacing roofing shingles, etc. They have someone else do it because they can. However, instead of laboring away and exerting themselves... they sit on the couch, play on their phones, have a few beers. It would seem that this lazier existence would fall under the Beta category. 

 

I will not get on a pulpit and claim to be perfect (unlike most others on here) but if time allows for it, I do the work myself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...