Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×
guests can now post ×
welcome guests . feel free to test the waters. ×

I have given up/given in…

5 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

You were  lied to.

GM Cracks Down on White-Collar Employees Who Haven't Reported Covid-19 Vaccination Status

WSJ NEWS EXCLUSIVE | BUSINESS

GM Cracks Down on White-Collar Employees Who Haven’t Reported Covid-19 Vaccination Status

Company says compliance rates have improved since internal memo went out Wednesday

By Mike Colias
https://twitter.com/MikeColias
mike.colias@wsj.com
Updated Sept. 24, 2021 3:30 pm ET

General Motors Co. is cracking down on white-collar employees who haven’t complied with a corporate mandate to report their Covid-19 vaccination status, illustrating the hurdles companies face in trying to navigate the sensitive topic of workforce immunity.

GM’s human-resources chief sent a memo Wednesday to managers inside GM’s engineering division, flagging that some direct reports hadn’t confidentially reported their vaccination status, according to a copy of the document reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

2 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

I tried to stand for what I thought was right- for as long as I could. There comes a time when you have to suck it up. 
if I had got covid while working for him- and a patient got covid from me.. that patient could have taken some legal action. (Or so I was told) 

You did the "right" thing!

Ya gonna go after that Mooslim who threw acid in your face? LOL!

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Fuck you! 1

20 minutes ago, calguy said:

GM Cracks Down on White-Collar Employees Who Haven't Reported Covid-19 Vaccination Status

As I thouhgt, you  posted something completely  irrelevant to  what I said.   You made  a specious argument  there.   Which  is a form of lying.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

As I thouhgt, you  posted something completely  irrelevant to  what I said.   You made  a specious argument  there.   Which  is a form of lying.

I just like pissing you off. Ha!

2 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

I caved and got the vaccine today. To save my job. 
I am not happy about this . 

Someone very close to me did not want the vaccine and was pressured into it by her situation at work.

She is feeling much better about having gotten the vaccine as she has read the reports indicating that she is much less likely to get seriously ill or die.

Be reassured.

You are safer

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

This story is not uncommon. When one has to choose between income/resources and principle... usually the former wins. The supposedly truly principled can usually afford to go without a job/income/money in the short term. 

Upton Sinclair:

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it."

19 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

This story is not uncommon. When one has to choose between income/resources and principle... usually the former wins. The supposedly truly principled can usually afford to go without a job/income/money in the short term. 

Yeah... when the Authoritarian Govt threatens to fine your employer if you don't get the vax, and your employer in turn threatens to fire you for not getting the vax... it's not much of a "choice" anymore.

Most people have to eat and pay bills... especially single moms like IGA.

Sounds very democratic huh?

• Thumb up 1

Just now, slideman said:

Upton Sinclair:

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it."

Well, you can't blame them. Their job is a known commodity. They know intimately what results from their efforts. Vaccines, they view as unknowns. They balance the known commodity, their job/income, vs. the perceived unknown, vaccine. Yes, I know that there is information out there about the vaccines but that does not mean a whole lot. 

6 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

Yeah... when the Authoritarian Govt threatens to fine your employer if you don't get the vax, and in turn threatens to fire you for not getting the vax... it's not much of a "choice" anymore.

Most people have to eat and pay bills... especially single moms like IGA.

Sounds very democratic huh?

The choice... is Fascism.

23 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Yeah. If this IS a NWO plot, it's working marvelously

3 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

I tried to stand for what I thought was right- for as long as I could. There comes a time when you have to suck it up. 
if I had got covid while working for him- and a patient got covid from me.. that patient could have taken some legal action. (Or so I was told) 

You just showed them that you never really thought there was a chance it was harmful.  

17 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

The only thing they have to do is move slow enough that the masses don't revolt while it's in progress... other than that, they are holding all the cards so...

It's kinda like boiling a frog slowly, and we are the frogs.

So the government's coercive tactics are somewhat effective.

I would prefer they had pursued a program of educating family doctors and urging people to consult with them.

Research has indicated people are much more likely to take the vaccine when it is recommended by their personal physician.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/talking-to-doctors-covid-vaccine-trust-5118277

24 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Well, I do not believe in conspiracy theories so feel free to run with this one. 

On another note, word on the street is that any using the homeless shelters or facilities/services will be forced to get vaccinated. All i say is that they can have fun with that one....