Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×
guests can now post ×
welcome guests . feel free to test the waters. ×

McConnell wants to stop your social security payments

29 minutes ago, slideman said:

He's on record here is saying that retirees should not receive social security that they should get off their lazy butts and go to work.

Seems like a reasonable question to ask him what line of work he is in.

People seem to think SS is a form of welfare. I paid into all my life and I have no guilt every month when I get my check.

14 minutes ago, CrookedHillary said:

Why? He put the money in. Its his money.

He shouldn't have to, and he won't. But I wonder why he thinks us lazy retired people need to get off our asses and get a job. I worked my ass off. I deserve my retirement money.

3 minutes ago, CrookedHillary said:

All of us Americans should be together against the elite government. They have no worries or repercussions for doing nothing to help the people of this country. Even if voted out they get cushy retirement and the best health care. The people, us, are the suckers.

You are making an overgeneralization.

I personally have a representative in Congress in Pramilla jayapal who represents her constituents' interests rather than her electoral prospects.

1 minute ago, CrookedHillary said:

As long as i get my money back.

No.  You don't get your money back.  The DC criminals already stole that from you.  You get to not pay in anymore.  Just like with Bernie Madoff - few people got any money back, but the cock-sucker was shut down from ripping off a whole nother generation of fools.

Just now, Skans said:

No.  You don't get your money back.  The DC criminals already stole that from you.  You get to not pay in anymore.  Just like with Bernie Madoff - few people got any money back, but the cock-sucker was shut down from ripping off a whole nother generation of fools.

No deal then. I paid in for the sole purpose of getting it back when im 65. I'll wait.

8 minutes ago, CrookedHillary said:

No deal then. I paid in for the sole purpose of getting it back when im 65. I'll wait.

It's not like either of us were given a choice.  If I could kill SS tomorrow with my vote, I surely would.

7 minutes ago, Skans said:

It's not like either of us were given a choice.  If I could kill SS tomorrow with my vote, I surely would.

Yeah, you probably would. Fortunately, lunatics like you aren't running the country.

3 hours ago, slideman said:

Refusing to raise the debt limit the us will go into default and we will stop meeting our obligations.

The Libertarian  =  Spend only what you can afford.

0 National Debt.               0 National Deficit-Spending.

Sun-Tzu.

The Art of War.

Can we agree on that ?                  

😎...🍺

@Zaro.

@Z09.

@Scout.

@ Mirabeau.

@kfools

@Squatchman.

Just now, Taipan said:

The Libertarian  =  Spend only what you can afford.

0 National Debt.               0 National Deficit-Spending.

Sun-Tzu.

The Art of War.

Can we agree on that ?                  

😎...🍺

@Zaro.

@Z09.

@Scout.

@ Mirabeau.

@kfools

@Squatchman.

Arrested development libertarians have no concept of the real world

2 minutes ago, slideman said:

Arrested development libertarians have no concept of the real world

Trying to say that McConnell "wants to stop your SS payments" in regards to the debt ceiling debate is like a kid saying their parents are trying to starve them because they won't buy them Burger King.

Nobody wants to stop anybody's SS payments... they just don't want to raise the debt ceiling to make room for more unnecessary bullshit.