Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×
guests can now post ×
welcome guests . feel free to test the waters. ×

Texas megachurch preacher and Trump devotee says there is no 'credible religious argument' against COVID-19 vaccines

Texas megachurch preacher and Trump devotee says there is no 'credible  religious argument' against COVID-19 vaccines

That excuse is now off the table. Next!

Texas megachurch preacher and Trump devotee says there is no 'credible religious argument' against COVID-19 vaccines (msn.com)

(Full article at above link)

As Republican lawmakers rage against President Joe Biden's sweeping vaccine mandates, a Trump-loving preacher at a Texas megachurch has decreed that there is "no credible religious argument" for turning down a shot.

The Rev. Robert Jeffress, a pastor at the 12,000-member First Baptist Church in Dallas, said he is not offering exemption letters or encouraging members of their congregation to seek out religious exemptions from coronavirus vaccine mandates. 

"Christians who are troubled by the use of a fetal cell line for the testing of the vaccines would also have to abstain from the use of Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Ibuprofen, and other products that used the same cell line if they are sincere in their objection," said Jeffress.

Pin on Atheism

21 minutes ago, Michaelf said:

I guess it would depend on the church and the religion huh? The Amish get out of Social Security and Medicare payroll deductions. They have a religious argument against electricity in the home and driving a car.

Most anti vaxxers don't qualify for a religious exemption. 

"Christians who are troubled by the use of a fetal cell line for the testing of the vaccines would also have to abstain from the use of Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Ibuprofen, and other products that used the same cell line if they are sincere in their objection," said Jeffress.

Headache and stomach medicines were around long before fetal cell line research.  

10 hours ago, Michaelf said:

I guess it would depend on the church and the religion huh? The Amish get out of Social Security and Medicare payroll deductions. They have a religious argument against electricity in the home and driving a car.

The Amish do pay taxes.  Stay at home mothers don't pay any SS or Medicare taxes either.

Do the Amish pay taxes?

• Taxes the Amish pay include federal and state income taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, and public school taxes, even though most Amish send their children to privately run schools (which they also fund). Amish may do their annual taxes themselves, or hire an accountant.

15 hours ago, drvoke said:

Your source does not agree with your headline. 

He merely laid out what people would have to reject, to be consistent (as if a twerp like you cares about consistency), in refusing the vaccine along the lines of ONE religious argument. He did not say there was no legitimate argument - only what the conditions of legitimacy for one particular religious argument are. 

He made no comment on the scientific arguments against the "vaccines." Nor did he comment on any OTHER religious argument against taking the jab. 

Google, "Mark of the Beast," fruit cake. It is an entirely DIFFERENT religious argument - one to which I happen to subscribe, myself, which is why I will never take the jab.

1 hour ago, Scout said:

The Amish do pay taxes.  Stay at home mothers don't pay any SS or Medicare taxes either.

Do the Amish pay taxes?

• Taxes the Amish pay include federal and state income taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, and public school taxes, even though most Amish send their children to privately run schools (which they also fund). Amish may do their annual taxes themselves, or hire an accountant.

I didn't say that they don't pay taxes. They don't pay Social Security  or Medicare. I would assume that this is based on some sort or religious objection?

55 minutes ago, Michaelf said:

I didn't say that they don't pay taxes. They don't pay Social Security  or Medicare. I would assume that this is based on some sort or religious objection?

I know your reference was to SS and Medicare.  I didn't mean to offend but have had to take up for them in the past when people claim they pay none so decided to 'nip that in the bud'.  

24 minutes ago, Scout said:

I know your reference was to SS and Medicare.  I didn't mean to offend but have had to take up for them in the past when people claim they pay none so decided to 'nip that in the bud'.  

I understand.