Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×
guests can now post ×
welcome guests . feel free to test the waters. ×

Meteorologist fired from job after 33 years because he refused to get a COVID-19 vaccine

Karl Bohnak Quits TV6 Over Vaccine Mandate; 33 Years At TV6! – Pro Sports  Extra |

Today's forecast: Butthurt and extremely whiny. 

He should have knuckled under, like Tucker Carlson, and did what he was told.

A meteorologist was fired from his TV station after 33 years at the job because he refused to get a COVID-19 vaccine (msn.com)

(Full article at above link)

Karl Bohnak, a meteorologist who spent more than 30 years working at a Michigan TV station has been fired after he refused to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

"I have been terminated because the station's corporate owner has mandated vaccination against COVID-19 for anyone entering a property owned by the company.

"Many of you have taken one of these injections, and that is absolutely your right. It is also my right to choose the medical options I feel are right for me," he continued. "I have authority over my body." (Wrong!-drvoke)

Health officials have for months urged that the public get vaccinated against the coronavirus. So far, more than 55% of the total US population is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

There is, however, a fringe group of skeptics who believe the vaccines are either unsafe or unnecessary. Research shows that the vaccine offers significant protection against the coronavirus. Unvaccinated people, for example, are 11 times likelier to die from COVID-19 compared to vaccinated people. Unvaccinated people are also 29 times likelier to be hospitalized with severe COVID-19 symptoms.

Additionally, COVID-19 outbreaks have been hitting unvaccinated populations especially hard. And the Delta variant has been spreading quickly in states with the lowest vaccination rates.

• Downvote 1
  • Thumb up 1