Jump to content

This school board is in deep crap, lol.


crazyhole
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

So it seems as if the teachers did not read the entirety of the book and the students found the relatively few that were inappropriate. The teachers did not explicitly assign those parts that were sexual. So no big conspiracy and no one promoting pedophilia. 

Seems that way to me as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

So it seems as if the teachers did not read the entirety of the book and the students found the relatively few that were inappropriate. The teachers did not explicitly assign those parts that were sexual. So no big conspiracy and no one promoting pedophilia. 

I think it's more of a matter of a group of parents discovered something in the curriculum that they disagreed with, and the school board blew them off about it, so they sued.

 

How else would it have ended up before a judge?

 

Also, my comments about the normalization of pedophilia was a reply to Blue Devil, and not necessarily about the topic in particular... but I do believe it's happening just the same, and intentionally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

I think it's more of a matter of a group of parents discovered something in the curriculum that they disagreed with, and the school board blew them off about it, so they sued.

 

How else would it have ended up before a judge?

 

Also, my comments about the normalization of pedophilia was a reply to Blue Devil, and not necessarily about the topic in particular... but just the same, I do believe it's happening, and intentionally.

Did it end up before a judge?  All I saw was that a mayor told all the members of the school board that they should resign or he would "bring them up on charges".

The book simply offered suggestions for students to select to write original essays about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Did it end up before a judge?  All I saw was that a mayor told all the members of the school board that they should resign or he would "bring them up on charges".

The book simply offered suggestions for students to select to write original essays about.

That mayor said a judge called it child pornography in his statement. I haven't looked for the actual story.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I need to 86 Hulu . Never watch it 

I used to get Hulu "Live" just for football season, but they keep going up up up.

 

I think they are $70 a month now for the live streams.

 

We have a couple of firesticks and Prime (comes with the membership) and Netflix, and don't really watch much of either. There are lots of free movie apps out there now, if you don't mind a few ads sprinkled in, which we don't.

 

I can listen to and often watch my college football games for free on the internet, or go down to the watering hole and have a couple of beers and watch on their tv.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Parents said there was a prompt that asked students to "write a sex scene you wouldn't show your mom," and another which said "rewrite the sex scene from above into one that you'd let your mom read."
 

Another prompt asked students to drink a beer and describe how it tastes. Parents said they felt these writing prompts and others were not appropriate for high school students.

 

The district immediately determined this writing resource should not be in the hands of our students, and on Monday, collected the books from the students enrolled in the course," Herman said. "It is important to note that at no time were any of these inappropriate writing prompts assigned as part of the class."

 

 

  • Thumb up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

I used to get Hulu "Live" just for football season, but they keep going up up up.

 

I think they are $70 a month now for the live streams.

 

We have a couple of firesticks and Prime (comes with the membership) and Netflix, and don't really watch much of either. There are lots of free movie apps out there now, if you don't mind a few ads sprinkled in, which we don't.

 

I can listen to and often watch my college football games for free on the internet, or go down to the watering hole and have a couple of beers and watch on their tv.

 

 

Better yet go to your team’s games in person tailgate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rippy38 said:

I used to get Hulu "Live" just for football season, but they keep going up up up.

 

I think they are $70 a month now for the live streams.

 

We have a couple of firesticks and Prime (comes with the membership) and Netflix, and don't really watch much of either. There are lots of free movie apps out there now, if you don't mind a few ads sprinkled in, which we don't.

 

I can listen to and often watch my college football games for free on the internet, or go down to the watering hole and have a couple of beers and watch on their tv.

 

 

I rarely sit and watch a full movie. I read a lot. That is my Thang these days.

  • Thumb up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...