Dems Elect Convicted Murderer Who Is Still In Jail (not The Onion)

Dems Elect Convicted Murderer Who Is Still In Jailcaston-940x460-1.jpg

This comes thanks to liberal voting laws in Washington, D.C.

Prisoners are now allowed to cast ballots from jail.

Caston got 47 votes from his fellow inmates.

“Working a few weeks as a commissioner makes me realize the hard work elected officials perform. It makes me respect public officials even more. As an elected official, you are navigating moving pieces. Plus, you are constantly meeting with your constituents and colleagues,” he said.

Caston has been behind bars since 1994 for first-degree murder; he received a 35-years-to-life sentence in 1996, but he’s up for parole in December.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/09/dems-elect-convicted-murderer-still-jail/

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

“Working a few weeks as a commissioner makes me realize the hard work elected officials perform. It makes me respect public officials even more. As an elected official, you are navigating moving pieces. Plus, you are constantly meeting with your constituents and colleagues,” he said.

Caston has been behind bars since 1994 for first-degree murder; he received a 35-years-to-life sentence in 1996, but he’s up for parole in December.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/09/dems-elect-convicted-murderer-still-jail/

Slim pickings at gatewaypundit today Elroy?

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, EltonJohnson said:

Unless you completely dismiss the concept of rehabilitation, he seems a good candidate. He shot someone when he was 18 and involved in drugs. He has already served 26 years. That is more than anyone serves in Europe for the most heinous of crimes. He seems to have made good use of his time in prison.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, drvoke said:

Unless you completely dismiss the concept of rehabilitation, he seems a good candidate. He shot someone when he was 18 and involved in drugs. He has already served 26 years. That is more than anyone serves in Europe for the most heinous of crimes. He seems to have made good use of his time in prison.

But the person that he first degree murdered hasn't been able to do anything since then. Slit his throat and flush him down a toilet someplace.

41 minutes ago, Michaelf said:

But the person that he first degree murdered hasn't been able to do anything since then. Slit his throat and flush him down a toilet someplace.

Hence the first phrase I used in my post.  I agree to a certain extent. It would depend on the particulars of the case. 

1 minute ago, Z09 said:

True story...

In Massachusetts the liberals once elected a Democrat that was in prison at the time

they also elected a douche who let a woman suffocate under water (not drown) to the Senate for decades

1 hour ago, drvoke said:

If he was a republican, he'd be good to go in Elroy's eyes.

But since he's a Democrat, not so much.

3 hours ago, drvoke said:

THIS IS AMERICA. IF YOU ONCE HAD A TWIN SISTER AND SHE WAS RAPED AND BRUTALLY MURDERED AND THE CONVICT WAS BEING RELEASED, WOULD YOU HAVE THE SAME SYMPATHY?  YOU'D BE A LIAR IF YOU SAID YES.

FURTHERMORE, A CONVICT MAKING POLITICAL DECISIONS AFFECTING THE POPULATION. LOL LOL 

11 minutes ago, antifakiller said:

THIS IS AMERICA. IF YOU ONCE HAD A TWIN SISTER AND SHE WAS RAPED AND BRUTALLY MURDERED AND THE CONVICT WAS BEING RELEASED, WOULD YOU HAVE THE SAME SYMPATHY?  YOU'D BE A LIAR IF YOU SAID YES.

FURTHERMORE, A CONVICT MAKING POLITICAL DECISIONS AFFECTING THE POPULATION. LOL LOL 

No, I wouldn't forgive them if that was the case. I believe in the death penalty. I would need to know the specifics of this case to make an informed decision.  Again, that is why I prefaced my statement with " Unless you completely dismiss the concept of rehabilitation..." I do believe that certain 'felonies' should not automatically disenfranchise you from the political process. Possession of crack cocaine being an example.