Jump to content
Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×

Slavery's most famous defender- all twelve tons of him- is coming down!


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Michaelf said:

I'm not sure how Asia and Africa makes it into the conversation. Xavier said that the most backward and uneducated places in this country are in the south...my paraphrasing. I pointed out what shitholes some of our northern cities are. I've been all over our south and it was generally very pleasant. Nice country and nice people.

 

The bad areas that I've seen around the country all have one thing in common. They're in cities.

Ok, my bad seriously. Went off into left field on that one. You would think that I was drinking...not until Friday night

  • Thumb up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, McRocket said:

They were out so German bombers would not be able to navigate to their targets as easily.

So it was in everyone's interest to do it - I guess.

Do you have an opinion on refusing to wear a mask during a pandemic that harms the country?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, calguy said:

Living in the South, I've heard pretty much every excuse in the book how the Righteous South was not responsible for their own traitorous actions back then.

All the reasons and self justifications have one thing in common. 

It's all bullshit.

But why don't you explain why Lincoln wouldn't let them leave the union?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, calguy said:
LOL... trump says traitor Gen. Lee would have won in Afghanistan. Forgets Lee surrendered after he lost the war.
 
BREAKING: Deranged lunatic former President riles up his brain dead cult members by praising literal traitor to the United States, Gen. Robert E. Lee, who surrendered after helping cause 600,000+ deaths. Deranged conman goes onto say Lee would have won in Afghanistan.
 
 
Image
 
 

poor calvin...sufferin' from TDS 24/7...

the toll free TDS hotline is now open beavis, just call 1-800-wah-WAAH...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, calguy said:

Something that happened 150 years ago is history. I find it odd some in the South still hold a grudge. No one alive today had a thing to do with anything that happened back then. Not sure why it should be personal with anyone, but if seems to be.

You mean like today's negroes looking for reparations calvin?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, McRocket said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_murder_rate

 

In terms of America?

I have seen almost every, major 'bad part of town' in America (as have many Americans).

 

IMO, Chicago and Detroit are (almost) nothing compared to East St. Louis in this regard.

Now it was about 20 years ago last time I was there.

But that place is literally like it was bombed.

In 2021, NeighborhoodScout released rankings indicating that East St. Louis had the highest murder rate of any city in the United States.

And not highest by a little.

By a LOT!

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/highest-murder-rate-cities

 

It was actually where they filmed the old 80's movie 'Escape From New York'.

In the Late 70's, my stepfather's colleague was moving to Oklahoma. He and his family were pulling their speedboat and were running precariously low on fuel. He pulled off the ramp to head into east St. Louis. He was immediately pulled over by the Highway Patrol. The officer asked what they were doing. He said they needed gas and the officer advised to keep going as it wasn't safe...he told the officer they wouldn't make it, so the officer escorted them into the city to fuel up and escorted them back out...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Robert E Lee's gigantic statue is being removed from the former capital of the Confederacy today.

They will have to remove this monstrosity in pieces.

I suppose they will put it somewhere that it can be worshiped in a less prominent place.

 

  Socialist slavers are the most famous slavers, the USA south was not exterminating large numbers of the slave population and threatening survivors.

 

 Lying, murderous, anti-freedom, anti free speech, anti freedom of religion, subsidized weasel sons a bitches.

 

Socialism is Slavery

https://victimsofcommunism.org/socialism-slavery/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ROG62 said:

poor calvin...sufferin' from TDS 24/7...

the toll free TDS hotline is now open beavis, just call 1-800-wah-WAAH...

 

What a very stupid remark. Trump knows nothing of the Civil War, he knows practically nothing about Afghanistan, which he claimed he would have "running like a top" , He refused to read his daily briefings and thought Frederick Douglass   was still alive.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

What a very stupid remark. Trump knows nothing of the Civil War, he knows practically nothing about Afghanistan, which he claimed he would have "running like a top" , He refused to read his daily briefings and thought Frederick Douglass   was still alive.

Trump Offers to Buy Robert E. Lee Statue for His Bedroom

RICHMOND (The Borowitz Report)—After a statue of Robert E. Lee was removed from Richmond, Virginia, Donald J. Trump offered to buy the monument for his bedroom at Mar-a-Lago.

“It’s a beautiful statue of a beautiful man, and, quite frankly, there’s no one I’d rather wake up to every morning,” he said.

Stating that the removal of the statue “should never have been allowed to happen in this country,” Trump said that he had offered Virginia a statue of himself in return.

“I can’t think of a better person to take Robert E. Lee’s place than Trump,” he said. “I’ll even throw in free shipping, like that loser Bezos.”

Asked why he had decided to place the Civil War statue in his bedroom, Trump said that his wife, Melania, had asked him to put it someplace where she wouldn’t see it.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-offers-to-buy-robert-e-lee-statue-for-his-bedroom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Ok, my bad seriously. Went off into left field on that one. You would think that I was drinking...not until Friday night

Conversations sometimes wander like that. No big deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Michaelf said:

But why don't you explain why Lincoln wouldn't let them leave the union?

You do not know your history. The Southern States took office BEFORE Lincoln took office.

Lincoln, of course, swore when he became president to abide by the Constitution and laws of the UNITED States of America.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ROG62 said:

In the Late 70's, my stepfather's colleague was moving to Oklahoma. He and his family were pulling their speedboat and were running precariously low on fuel. He pulled off the ramp to head into east St. Louis. He was immediately pulled over by the Highway Patrol. The officer asked what they were doing. He said they needed gas and the officer advised to keep going as it wasn't safe...he told the officer they wouldn't make it, so the officer escorted them into the city to fuel up and escorted them back out...

I agree that East St. Louis, Illinois is not a good place for some guy pulling a boat to stop for gas at night. But also note that in this case, the cop helped the guy gas uo safely,

 

The worst parts of the South are rural areas and tiny, dying towns. Dirt or gravel streets, few stores, usually miles from the main highways.  The worst parts of Northen cities are populates by people who fled the South, some Black, some White.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2021 at 9:01 AM, XavierOnassis said:

Robert E Lee's gigantic statue is being removed from the former capital of the Confederacy today.

They will have to remove this monstrosity in pieces.

I suppose they will put it somewhere that it can be worshiped in a less prominent place.

May be an image of text that says '2:21 PM Blaming 100+ year old statues of men who died 150+years ago for our problems today, only highlights the ignorance among us! 1.2K 1K Comments Like Comment Share'

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

You do not know your history. The Southern States took office BEFORE Lincoln took office.

Lincoln, of course, swore when he became president to abide by the Constitution and laws of the UNITED States of America.

What are you talking about?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, calguy said:

Well... Covid cases are rising in the South... so there's that.

A large percentage of them are black too... that probably warms your racist little heart doesn't it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...