Jump to content

Ron DeSantis looks to cancel Ben&Jerry’s ice cream bcuz Israel


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

The govt should not be sanctioning companies bcuz they disagree on policy. That’s authoritarian. 

But working in tandem with social media to suppress free speech is perfectly acceptable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

“Florida CFO Jimmy Patronis, who is a trustee of the SBA, also stood in support of Israel. In a letter directly to Ben & Jerry's CEO Matthew McCarthy, he adds that the ice cream company's "brazen refusal to do business with Israel" would eventually make them ineligible to enter or renew contracts with the state or any of its counties.”


https://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/news/regional/florida/desantis-israel-ben-jerrys-west-bank-ban/67-c82f8c6e-a075-47e1-bb49-ad0f4d7f2c1a

 

Also banning any investments Floridians make with Ben&Jerry’s. 
 

He’s legislating law against the company. 
 

It isn’t only an opinion. 
 

 

Oh well decisions have consequences 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Wrong. 
 

Ben&Jerry is not doing business in the West Bank. 
 

Companies are allowed to not do business where they don’t want to. 
 

The govt should not be sanctioning companies bcuz they disagree on policy. That’s authoritarian. 

The govt has been involved in business since it's inception...mebbe the real reason is B&J makes people fat and lazy and he's worried about the health of his citizens....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, ROG62 said:

The govt has been involved in business since it's inception...mebbe the real reason is B&J makes people fat and lazy and he's worried about the health of his citizens....

^^^Authoritarian sympathizer. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Ron DeSantis is the govt and not a business. 

Govt is a business, they have food contracts with companies for schools, prisons, etc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 6:53 AM, Pastafarian said:

Cancel culture is alive and well amongst the GOP. 
 

 

Yep.

 

B-D-S. It is going to be coming more and more from us patriotic Americans applied to many entities. We need to use the tactics the leftists are using to defeat them.

 

 

 

  • Thumb up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, superds77 said:

Yep.

 

B-D-S. It is going to be coming more and more from us patriotic Americans applied to many entities. We need to use the tactics the leftists are using to defeat them.

 

 

 

Patriotic?  Haha. To who?  Israel. 
 

You’re censoring speech on behalf of a foreign nation that’s killed Americans. 
 

Dems suck at this too but at least they’re censoring on behalf of other Americans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Pastafarian said:

Patriotic?  Haha. To who?  Israel. 
 

You’re censoring speech on behalf of a foreign nation that’s killed Americans. 
 

Dems suck at this too but at least they’re censoring on behalf of other Americans. 

No, to America and it's allies.

 

What speech is being censored? Is the state of Florida required to purchase a certain brand of anything?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, superds77 said:

No, to America and it's allies.

 

What speech is being censored? Is the state of Florida required to purchase a certain brand of anything?

Ben&Jerry’s speech. 
 

Israel has killed Americans on purpose. They don’t fight in America’s wars and only take from American taxpayers. 
 

They’re the shittiest ally. The Sauds are better than Israel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Ok. 
 

So go govt working with social media to censor people ain’t no biggie. Right?

Yep, just like biden ordering fakebook to pull posts of perceived misinformation...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

^^^Authoritarian sympathizer. 
 

 

No, more like a reality check...

 

the govt regulates in how businesses operate...whether it has to do with food safety, pollution control, permitting, etc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Ben&Jerry’s speech. 
 

Israel has killed Americans on purpose. They don’t fight in America’s wars and only take from American taxpayers. 
 

They’re the shittiest ally. The Sauds are better than Israel. 

^^^anti-semite

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ROG62 said:

The govt has been involved in business since it's inception...mebbe the real reason is B&J makes people fat and lazy and he's worried about the health of his citizens....

Ice cream is unhealthy only if people do not overeat.

This is not a dispute that has one damn thing to do with people's health.

DeSantis is pandering to rich Jewish contributors. That simple.

Ben & Jerry have a  unconditional right to choose where they want to sell their product.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Ice cream is unhealthy only if people do not overeat.

 

Geeeeezzzzz, the libs are spewing nonsensical insanity all over the forum this morning.  Did you people smoke too much crack last night?  By Xavier's logic, then Ice cream is healthy only if you overeat.

5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

This is not a dispute that has one damn thing to do with people's health.

 

Ok???????? Logic lacking, but ok.

5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

DeSantis is pandering to rich Jewish contributors. That simple.

 

I thought Ben and Jerry were queer Jews?

5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Ben & Jerry have a  unconditional right to choose where they want to sell their product.

Whatever.  I don't like Blow & Job's products anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Name-calling doesn’t mean I hate you. 
 

Assbreath is me being honest about the lies one spews. 

Oh, now here comes the back-peddling!  LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pastafarian said:
1 hour ago, superds77 said:

No, to America and it's allies.

 

What speech is being censored? Is the state of Florida required to purchase a certain brand of anything?

Ben&Jerry’s speech.

How, specifically, has their speech been censored?

 

Not purchasing their product censors nothing. Florida can buy ice cream from whatever source they choose.

  • Thumb up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...