A recreational question

Cruises suck. Once and done

Too many fat, loud, drunk rednecks and afro Americans packed all over the pool deck shoulder to shoulder, falling all over each other and me

Maybe a seniors only on Regent Seven Seas or Oceania, to keep out the riff raff

But if I went again I DGAF if anyone got the Kung Flu Microchip Installation or not

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I dislike cruises, I  went on a one day cruise once.

mostly it was about gambling and stuffing your face.

Freeport Bahamas was not an interesting place.

I was in Nassau when the government changed hands and it was a sight to see! Went to the beach there and it smelled like the sewer was running right in that cove! I liked the gambling part. Hit on my third spin and won a bunch of money and walked away! Wife sit down later in the cruise and took more than I did and she left. Food on first cruise  was far better than the next. 

42 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Suppose you like going on a cruise.

Would you prefer to go on a cruise, where (a) everyone was required to have been vaccinated, or (b) one where no vaccination was required?

I'm already vaccinated, so I don't really care about vaccinations.  If I were single, my main criteria would be ratio of women to men.  Since I'm not single, IF I were to go on a cruise (I don't much care for cruises), I'd prefer to be on a much smaller, more exclusive ship - something like in the Norwegian Fjords.

25 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I dislike cruises, I  went on a one day cruise once.

mostly it was about gambling and stuffing your face.

Freeport Bahamas was not an interesting place.

A day cruise is not really a "cruise"...it's basically a party boat.  We have been on four and have one scheduled for mid-May of next year.  If the two choices you gave were the only choices, I will choose the one with everyone vaccinated.  The reality is, the Wuhan Virus is not the biggest "illness" concern.  If one person get Norovirus and doesn't recognize the symptoms right away, the whole ship can be sick very quickly...and you just may wish you were dead.

Right now (at least for Royal Caribbean) if you have not been fully vaccinated you must submit to a rapid C-19 test and get a negative result before you are allowed to board and submit to a PCR test.  If that test comes back positive, you are confined to your stateroom and will be put off at the next port...with travel expenses to return home being your responsibility.

15 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

A day cruise is not really a "cruise"...it's basically a party boat.  We have been on four and have one scheduled for mid-May of next year.  If the two choices you gave were the only choices, I will choose the one with everyone vaccinated.  The reality is, the Wuhan Virus is not the biggest "illness" concern.  If one person get Norovirus and doesn't recognize the symptoms right away, the whole ship can be sick very quickly...and you just may wish you were dead.

Right now (at least for Royal Caribbean) if you have not been fully vaccinated you must submit to a rapid C-19 test and get a negative result before you are allowed to board and submit to a PCR test.  If that test comes back positive, you are confined to your stateroom and will be put off at the next port...with travel expenses to return home being your responsibility.

That makes sense.

See, Our governor, Ron DiSantos, has managed to get the idiot legislature to pass a law making it illegal for cruise lines to require a vaccination.

It seems likely he is doing this because he was paid to, but I am not sure who is paying him.

This is before the Supreme Court.

I realize that a day cruise is different, but I have the ability to imagine being trapped on a boat with overeating gamblers and drunks, and did not find that appealing.

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, lucifershammer said:

vacations are for getting away from assholes not paying to be surrounded by them.

If I want to get away from society, I get on the interstate and travel eastbound for a minimum of 4 minutes. After that, population is very sparse for the next 9 hours. 

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

If I want to get away from society, I get on the interstate and travel eastbound for a minimum of 4 minutes. After that, population is very sparse for the next 9 hours. 

I live in the country. so peace and quiet is easy.

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

Would you prefer to go on a cruise, where (a) everyone was required to have been vaccinated, or (b) one where no vaccination was required?

No-brainer. Vaccinated only. Anti vaxxers must be rooted out and eliminated

2 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I enjoy visiting foreign countries and meeting and talking with people.

Take one on a big ship. There is something to do all day long

Cruises on the mainstream budget cruiselines were a bad idea before Covid

Now it's just totally stupid unless you LIKE being herded around like cattle, tiny bathrooms, overpriced crap booze, and being packed like a sardine with highly inebriated assholes

• Upvote 1

The only disease I would be afraid of being spread on a cruise ship would be meningitis, but that's pretty much the only (potentially) infectious disease that's ever really scared me.  Regardless, cruise ships are never worth the money IMO.   

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

It's none of your fucking business whether or not I'm vaccinated. 

If you're scared, don't go on the fucking cruise, you pussy.

6 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Vaccinate and passport some of this.

14 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

If i was vaccinated would it matter?

1 hour ago, king of the county said:

If i was vaccinated would it matter?

Well, yes.

It would put you on a "plague ship" that then could be banned from stopping at any port.

Didn't you notice what happened on the several ships that were refused  to disembark passengers in 2020?

The goal of a cruise is to relax, and visit several  interesting ports of call. 

Once there are a large number of infected passengers, then you get trapped on a ship that at best will return to where you got on.

DeSantis is 100% okay with refusing to allow cruise ships from requiring their customers to be vaccinated.

15 hours ago, SixShooter said:

Cruises suck. Once and done

Too many fat, loud, drunk rednecks and afro Americans packed all over the pool deck shoulder to shoulder, falling all over each other and me

Maybe a seniors only on Regent Seven Seas or Oceania, to keep out the riff raff

But if I went again I DGAF if anyone got the Kung Flu Microchip Installation or not

Agreed about cruises. 

My wife forced me to go on a three day cruise. I hated it. 

• Thumb up 1

51 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Well, yes.

It would put you on a "plague ship" that then could be banned from stopping at any port.

Didn't you notice what happened on the several ships that were refused  to disembark passengers in 2020?

The goal of a cruise is to relax, and visit several  interesting ports of call. 

Once there are a large number of infected passengers, then you get trapped on a ship that at best will return to where you got on.

DeSantis is 100% okay with refusing to allow cruise ships from requiring their customers to be vaccinated.

If I’m vaccinated why should i care if others are not?