Why do the rich get off, while poor get the punishment?

If a rich guy who doesn't live around behaviorally problematic drug activity, and went to school and went to college and isn't susceptible to undue influence chooses to get involved with drugs, why don't he do more time in prison than an idiot would?

Why does the poor idiot who didn't go to school, or couldn't learn well in the schools he attended,

And didn't go to college, and is highly susceptible to peer influence, 

Always get worse punishment than somebody who should know better?

usually it boils down to quality of legal representation and poor decision making after the crime is committed. A rational person opts for a lawyer and says nothing to law enforcement if they are in fact innocent or have undue circumstances. However, with poverty comes a certain desperation which clouds decision making and leads to things like resisting, false confessions, etc. 

The system is set up to favor rich people in that they can afford their own attorneys whereas poor people are dependent on the public defender for representation. it is grossly unfair.

2 minutes ago, AndyE said:

If a rich guy who doesn't live around behaviorally problematic drug activity, and went to school and went to college and isn't susceptible to undue influence chooses to get involved with drugs, why don't he do more time in prison than an idiot would?

Why does the poor idiot who didn't go to school, or couldn't learn well in the schools he attended,

Sir,

I hate Hunter Biden just as much as you do.

I say lock that bastard up !!

And the entire Biden Crime Family for their blackmail,

extortion, "Pay-to-Pay Scheme"........that shifted millions

of U.S. tax money into Biden bank accounts.                                                                        😎....🍺.

6 minutes ago, AndyE said:

In America we assume that the rich are better people. Morally better. It's assumed that the rich are better material for rehabilitation. 

If you're poor everybody knows that there is already something wrong with you. LAZINESS and other moral failings are a given and that needs to be punished

8 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

usually it boils down to quality of legal representation and poor decision making after the crime is committed. A rational person opts for a lawyer and says nothing to law enforcement if they are in fact innocent or have undue circumstances. However, with poverty comes a certain desperation which clouds decision making and leads to things like resisting, false confessions, etc. 

I personally know of two "kids" that got picked up on probation violations recently, both for the same charge, driving on a suspended license.

The white kid with rich parents got a $5000 bond, while the black kid without a pot to piss in got a $300 bond. 

It was the white kid's first probation violation, and the black kid's third.

Why the difference?

Because the court knew the white kid's parents had money and the black kid's didn't.

I can't think of any other reason why.

9 minutes ago, AndyE said:

Good question to ask both Hunter Biden and Hitlery Rotten Clinton...

11 minutes ago, AndyE said:

Citation needed

2 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

I personally know of two "kids" that got picked up on probation violations recently both for the same charge, driving on a suspended license.

The white kid with rich parents got a $5000 bond, while the black kid without a pot to piss in got a $300 bond. 

Why the difference?

Because the court knew the white kid's parents had money and the black kid's didn't.

Don't leave out Woke CRT as well.

1 minute ago, slideman said:

The system is set up to favor rich people in that they can afford their own attorneys whereas poor people are dependent on the public defender for representation. it is grossly unfair.

You are right.

O.J. Simpson was a dirty nigger who killed two White people.

Everyone knew he was guilty as sin.

He spent 1 million dollars on his defense team.

9 black jurors bullied the other 3.............& O.J. walked.

I just hate rich, black privilege, don't you ?                                                     😎... 🍺.

3 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

I personally know of two "kids" that got picked up on probation violations recently, both for the same charge, driving on a suspended license.

Why the difference?

I would need more context to draw a conclusion. I grew up in a poor and very, very white trailer park in Idaho. The opposite scenario played out more often than not. Kid from the trailer park would get the $5000 bond and the middle class ones up on the Bench would get $300. 

2 hours ago, Taipan said:

Sir,

I hate Hunter Biden just as much as you do.

I say lock that bastard up !!

And the entire Biden Crime Family for their blackmail,

extortion, "Pay-to-Pay Scheme"........that shifted millions

of U.S. tax money into Biden bank accounts.                                                                        😎....🍺.

Hunter Biden has done nothing that could ever harm you or this country in any way.

There is no evidence whatever of Biden or any of his family being corrupt.

3 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

I would need more context to draw a conclusion. I grew up in a poor and very, very white trailer park in Idaho. The opposite scenario played out more often than not. Kid from the trailer park would get the $5000 bond and the middle class ones up on the Bench would get $300. 

The courts here are all about the money... and they know they can't get blood from a stone so...

We have the nicest Police Dept and city/county lockup that I have ever seen in my life... all taxpayer funded of course.

I could pick up the phone and call 911 right now, and be talking to a city cop at my front door in about 3 minutes too.

Doesn't bother me one bit.

3 hours ago, slideman said:

How so?

2 different cultures, one influences one to sell drugs and shoot up their neighborhoods, and the other influences theirs to get a job and have a family.  

17 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Hunter Biden has done nothing that could ever harm you or this country in any way.

There is no evidence whatever of Biden or any of his family being corrupt.

Sir,

Recently a sketch, or minor painting, of Vincent Van Gogh's, in someone's attic has come to light.

It sold for $150,000.         Van Gogh.            Probably sold at Sotheby's Auction in London.

Now,

I am a mercenary from San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize.         I am well-paid.

If,........I give Hunter $500,000 for one of his 'finger-paintings'........could I get  a 2/hr. audience

w/ 'Pappa Joe' to explain to him..........why Belize needs another 50 million dollar grant to Belize

from the U.S. tax-payer ?

You understand.             "Pay-To-Play".               I want to play.............and I am willing to pay.       

With.......your own U.S. Tax-Dollars.               

Heheheheheheeee...................devious gringo minds.       Corruption for "dinero".

Been that has been the way since the dawn of time.               What cha problem, dude ??           

Are you in............or out ??                                                                                                      🙂.....🥃.

The reason why the rich get off, while poor get the punishment is because rich people are smart and poor people are dumb.

Dumb people make it a habit of getting arrested and rich people don't ! Cops and judges get tired of dealing with people who make it a habit of committing crimes.

Thank you and God / Nature bless.

640fcf2b244d882f89cc54c026c19829.jpg