Jump to content

Background checks blocked a record high 300,000 gun sales


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Scout said:

Yes, acceptable in MANY KILLING OF HUMANS SITUATIONS if you are scum.

 

Your showing you lack of knowledge and your hate for liberty. The AR15 and knockoffs are a favorite among many hunters and target shooters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, drvoke said:

Background checks blocked a record high 300,000 gun sales

 

 

 

"President Biden promised to strengthen existing background checks even further during his tenure in office."

 

He is keeping his campaign promises. This has to please his constituents.

 

 

Background checks blocked a record high 300,000 gun sales (msn.com)

(Full article at above link)

 

 

The number of people stopped from buying guns through the U.S. background check system hit an all-time high of more than 300,000 last year amid a surge of firearm sales, according to new records obtained by the FBI.

The FBI numbers show that background checks blocked nearly twice as many gun sales in 2020 as in the year before.  

President Joe Biden stated that he was pleased with the number and promised to push a bill that would strengthen background checks. But the legislation faces an uphill battle getting any Republican support in the Senate. The House in March passed the legislation requiring the checks on all sales and transfers, as well as an expanded 10-day review for gun purchases. 

Research found that 16% of would-be gun buyers in 2020 were prohibited by state law, like the extreme-risk protection orders or red-flag laws passed in several states. Another 12% were related to domestic violence, either people subject to a protective order or convicted of a misdemeanor domestic violence crime.

“There’s no question that background checks work, but the system is working overtime to prevent a record number of people with dangerous prohibitors from being able to buy firearms. The loopholes in the law allow people to avoid the system, even if they just meet online or at a gun show for the first time.”

Gun rights groups have pushed back against the new proposals.

 

 

 

That's baaad news alright !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Scout said:

The only thing that will stop that is irresponsible gun nutters making their guns easily accessible to 

burglars.  That is the number one means of obtaining guns for the criminal class --- stupid rightwingers who do not secure them.

 

Your are President of the Stupid Rightwingers Assn. 

1989 Assault Weapon Import Bans - MAGA

Making American Guns Again

 

Thanks to the 1989 import ban of military style weapons, many entrepreneurial gun manufactures began manufacturing guns in America.   This is an example of a stupid gun ban that actually gave us the tools, the machines, the parts and the expertise to make great guns in America.  Now, when the Democrat Gun-Banners rant on about taking people's guns away, what America hears is that they will be taking American jobs away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Michaelf said:

Your showing you lack of knowledge and your hate for liberty. The AR15 and knockoffs are a favorite among many hunters and target shooters. 

 

No, I hate people who think guns are toys.  

If that is you, then you deserve that hatred.

I also hate people who do not secure their guns so they are not stolen.

If that is you,, then you deserve to be hated.

I hate people who make guns available to depressed teenage boys who blow their brains out.

If that is you, then you deserve to be hated.  

 

AR15s are NOT a favorite of hunters.

They are a favorite of people with little penises. 

They also drive big pickup trucks to compensate.  

 

  • MORON! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Squatchman said:

   So you're o.k.with anyone being able to buy a gun.

Criminals included.

 Got it.

 

They do not oppose criminals OR the insane from access to guns.

They claim the 2nd Amendment guarantees ALL access and that the Founders

didn't care about the public welfare.

 

 

  • Downvote 1
  • Thumb up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Squatchman said:

   So you're o.k.with anyone being able to buy a gun.

Criminals included.

 Got it.

 

Not criminals  . . .  though I wouldn't know what's keeping them from buying one  illegally  . . .  from another criminal  . . .  

 

It's like burglars  . . .  if they want to break in  . . .   they will !

 

Only a shot in their chest will stop them !

 

I like gun laws in Texas and Alaska  . . .  among others  . . .  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

Damn, this will stop criminals from buying guns off the street. 

 

10 hours ago, Squatchman said:

300,000 so far apparently.

 

Burn!

  • Thumb up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Scout said:

 

No, I hate people who think guns are toys.  

If that is you, then you deserve that hatred.

I also hate people who do not secure their guns so they are not stolen.

If that is you,, then you deserve to be hated.

I hate people who make guns available to depressed teenage boys who blow their brains out.

If that is you, then you deserve to be hated.  

 

AR15s are NOT a favorite of hunters.

They are a favorite of people with little penises. 

They also drive big pickup trucks to compensate.  

 

You're nonsensical rambling aside, many hunters and serious target shooting use AR15 type rifles. That's a fact.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Michaelf said:

You're nonsensical rambling aside, many hunters and serious target shooting use AR15 type rifles. That's a fact.  

 

No, it isn't.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Squatchman said:

   So you're o.k.with anyone being able to buy a gun.

Criminals included.

 Got it.

Anybody who isn't confined to an institution (prison or hospital) should be able to possess the tools to defend themselves, their property and their family. If somebody is "dangerous" they should be locked up. If they aren't, they'll always find a way to hurt another. All free people should be armed if they so choose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Michaelf said:

Anybody who isn't confined to an institution (prison or hospital) should be able to possess the tools to defend themselves, their property and their family. If somebody is "dangerous" they should be locked up. If they aren't, they'll always find a way to hurt another. All free people should be armed if they so choose. 

 

Thus you are violating the 2nd Amendment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, theLion said:

Wait, what? 300,000 is 10% of the US population?  There’s only three million of us?

 

Lion...thank you for not shunning me BUT I am very sorry for not doing my math better.

 

I am FKd up from my psych-MEDs. particular xanax.

 

If you are just going to just be critical of me...please put me back on shun.

 

UPDATE: What I meant to say was in round numbers...that is 10% of those applying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bidens gun plan will do nothing. My town is floating in legally owned guns. Rural America is arming up. I see no problem. Cities are awash in crime. It is easy to get a gun on city streets. Cops have been taken down. The people are blaming dems. Biden is senile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Old Mack said:

 

Lion...thank you for not shunning me BUT I am very sorry for not doing my math better.

 

I am FKd up from my psych-MEDs. particular xanax.

 

If you are just going to just be critical of me...please put me back on shun.

 

UPDATE: What I meant to say was in round numbers...that is 10% of those applying.

Sorry about your messed head: psych meds can really screw with you. Is this a short term thing? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Scout said:

Yes, acceptable in MANY KILLING OF HUMANS SITUATIONS if you are scum.

 

 

And yet somehow more people are kicked to death every year than are harmed by AR-15s.  I suppose you'll be advocating for the banning of Crocs next?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

Lots of criminals have gone to the store to purchase their guns. 

 

Yeah, there's yet another false statement pushed by the antigunners.  Quelle Suprise....

 

Criminals are fully aware that they have better options to acquire weapons than going to a licensed dealer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

They do lots of the time. 

 

Nope.  Another falsehood.

 

Are you aware that even in the areas in the U.S. where guns are actually registered there isn't a single recorded instance of those registration lists being used to solve a crime??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Scout said:

AR15s are NOT a favorite of hunters.

 

Yes, Scout, they are.  

 

19 hours ago, Scout said:

They are a favorite of people with little penises. 

 

I love how gun banners want to sexualize gun ownership... and accuse everyone around them for some kind of "compensation".

 

Shows just what degenerates gun haters really are.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Scout said:

 

Thus you are violating the 2nd Amendment.

 

You don't have the intellectual capacity to comprehend the 2nd Amendment; nor do you have the simple rationality to know what a violation of the Amendment is.

 

You advocate for violations all the time... and claim you aren't.  Thus, you are delusional.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...