Hitler: The ultraliberal sequel: Israeli food truck is BANNED from Philadelphia food festival

It ultimately led to the entire event being canceled, although a statement by Eat up the Borders did not apologize, and was promptly condemned on social media.

The statement read:

'Our mission at EUTB, is to uplift as many passionate small businesses in the Philadelphia areas as possible.  We want to provide a platform where we can gather around a table to share history, culture, language, and most importantly, FOOD.

In order to best serve our guests, we decided to remove one of our vendors for Sunday's event so that we could deliver an optimal experience to all.  'This decision came from listening to the community we wish to love and serve.

We do stand by our initiative to give vendors from all nationalities a platform to showcase their talents and provide an awesome experience for all.  We will continue to strive to provide opportunity to learn from one another over a nice dish.  We hope to see you on Sunday and join us as we continue to learn and grow.'  

ADL statement:  'The vile anti-Semitic rhetoric and threats of violence lobbied at the organizers was utterly despicable. This event was planned to celebrate diversity, and to see individuals on social media respond with open prejudice and anti-Jewish hate was shameful and deeply upsetting. However, the decision to bow to this anti-Semitic intimidation by disinviting Moshava was wrong.' 

Israeli street food business Moshava Philadephia launched at last month's Taste of Home food festival in Philadephia, but this month was asked to stay away after threats of violent protests to the festival's organizers. Founder Chef Nir Sheynfeld (right) said he was disappointed with the decision

• Downvote 1

• Old Mack changed the title to Hitler: The ultraliberal sequel: Israeli food truck is BANNED from Philadelphia food festival

“If the explanation of the organizers that Moshava’s invitation was revoked due to the threat of protests and violence is true, then I believe such threats should be investigated by law enforcement, as no person or organization should be coerced or threatened by the prospect of intimidation or violence,” Boyle said."

We have spoken with the event organizers and expressed that we unequivocally disagree with their decision,” the ADL said. “We do understand that threats to the organizers were made, and we understand the fear and confusion that comes when your community faces that intimidation.”

13 minutes ago, slideman said:

Sure thing you racist piece of shit.

Just like Hitler.

Hitler often cancel the events because of objections by the anti-defamation league.

Asshole

No one is a more intolerant racist than a liberal like you,  asswipe !

46 minutes ago, slideman said:

Sure thing you racist piece of shit.

Just like Hitler.

Hitler often cancel the events because of objections by the anti-defamation league.

Asshole

jiveman...thank you for not shunning me BUT is a childish rant all you have ?

You're calling me a racist BUT are supporting anti-Semitism...that makes sense.

ultraliberals think there is such a thing as good hate and bad hate and they get to decide which is which.

3%20shrtons_zpsg6xgx0c7.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

If the Israeli Food Truck was aggrieved, then they should seek out the meanest shark they can find and sue the city and the event organizers for gazillions of dollars.  From the Department of Justice:

Federal laws prohibit discrimination based on a person's national origin, race, color, religion, disability, sex, and familial status. Laws prohibiting national origin discrimination make it illegal to discriminate because of a person's birthplace, ancestry, culture or language. This means people cannot be denied equal opportunity because they or their family are from another country, because they have a name or accent associated with a national origin group, because they participate in certain customs associated with a national origin group, or because they are married to or associate with people of a certain national origin.   https://www.justice.gov/crt/federal-protections-against-national-origin-discrimination-1

If the individuals are not willing to take a stand and fight for their own rights, then why should anyone be willing to take the stand for them?

14 hours ago, Skans said:

If the Israeli Food Truck was aggrieved, then they should seek out the meanest shark they can find and sue the city and the event organizers for gazillions of dollars.

I read in the Philly news paper they already contacted the law firm:  Goldberg, Abrams, Cohen, Rosenstein and Kelly.

404_failed_loading_gray_wash.svg Eat Up The Borders

This page isn't available
The link may be broken, or the page may have been removed. Check to see if the link you're trying to open is correct.

They were told not to attend because threats of violence were being made and the organizers were afraid it wasn't safe. 

The fact is that the ongoing gun culture means America ISN'T safe... increasingly less so as time goes by.

I would be betting the threats were coming from either the far right or some sort of pro-Palestinian group.

30 minutes ago, Toldya said:

They were told not to attend because threats of violence were being made and the organizers were afraid it wasn't safe. 

You're a hack ! 

Is that what the satanic ultraliberal agenda driven media and their pet parrot bloggers told you ?  Well not NYT, WAPO or CNN...since they didn't run the story.

If threats of violence were received they could have beefed up security in cooperation with the Philadelphia Police Department.

Instead of going that course they choose to cancel the event (after the backlash they received) rather than let my people participate.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported on Sunday that Melvin Powell, the executive director of Sunflower Philly, had told a local TV news channel that food trucks owned by Israelis and Palestinians participated in previous events. But the organizers agreed that one would not participate without the other and the Palestinian food truck apparently had decided to pull out.

3 hours ago, Old Mack said:

You're a hack ! 

Is that what the satanic ultraliberal agenda driven media and their pet parrot bloggers told you ?  Well not NYT, WAPO or CNN...since they didn't run the story.

If threats of violence were received they could have beefed up security in cooperation with the Philadelphia Police Department.

Instead of going that course they choose to cancel the event (after the backlash they received) rather than let my people participate.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported on Sunday that Melvin Powell, the executive director of Sunflower Philly, had told a local TV news channel that food trucks owned by Israelis and Palestinians participated in previous events. But the organizers agreed that one would not participate without the other and the Palestinian food truck apparently had decided to pull out.

So they didn't want to take sides.

You're lying your ass off when you say that 'ultraliberals' are behind this.

All RWNJs are liars though, so it's not really new.

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/israeli-food-truck-banned-from-festival-due-to-threats-1.517895

Moshava chef Nir Sheynfeld told the Daily Mail he was very disappointed about being banned. 

“I think they were genuinely scared of what these aggressive protestors might do” he said.

Mr Sheynfeld said the co-organisers had bowed to antisemitic threats after receiving messages in social media. 

They probably thought it would be a better option than inviting the kind of bullshit that the far right has been pulling ever since Trump was elected... police or no police.

22 hours ago, Old Mack said:

jiveman...thank you for not shunning me BUT is a childish rant all you have ?

You're calling me a racist BUT are supporting anti-Semitism...that makes sense.

ultraliberals think there is such a thing as good hate and bad hate and they get to decide which is which.

3%20shrtons_zpsg6xgx0c7.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I do not support anti-Semitism. I oppose idiots who Make invalid comparisons to Hitler.

3 minutes ago, slideman said:

I do not support anti-Semitism. I oppose idiots who Make invalid comparisons to Hitler.

Thanks for sharing that...I'll keep it in mind.