Jump to content

Tucker Carlson’s wild, baseless theory blaming the FBI for organizing the Jan. 6 Capitol riot


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, slideman said:

"But here's the problem: The underlying article was nothing more than a conspiratorial web of unproven claims, half-truths and inaccurate drivel about perceived bombshells in court filings. "

 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/17/politics/tucker-carlson-capitol-insurrection-conspiracy/index.html

 

CNN ??

They are dying in their own sewage.

Tucker, Hannity, & Ingraham have better ratings

than CNN.........and MSNBC.........combined !!                                 😎.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slideman said:

"But here's the problem: The underlying article was nothing more than a conspiratorial web of unproven claims, half-truths and inaccurate drivel about perceived bombshells in court filings. "

 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/17/politics/tucker-carlson-capitol-insurrection-conspiracy/index.html

Pull your head out, links from known propaganda sources are propaganda. Got it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, IcebergSlim said:

 

 

No..that was the 2nd plea to date...

 

and it's not funny...

 

it's an element of an Incitement to Riot charge..

 

 

Guess the joke is on you.

So all they could pin on the guy is some BS charge? Pretty weak. In light of the current evidence the electors from several states should not have been certified. Can you think of a better reason to riot than a stolen election?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FredH said:

So all they could pin on the guy is some BS charge? Pretty weak. In light of the current evidence the electors from several states should not have been certified. Can you think of a better reason to riot than a stolen election?

The big lie has been laughed out of every courtroom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, slideman said:

"But here's the problem: The underlying article was nothing more than a conspiratorial web of unproven claims, half-truths and inaccurate drivel about perceived bombshells in court filings. "

 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/17/politics/tucker-carlson-capitol-insurrection-conspiracy/index.html

This is a ridiculous statement.   They produced what they found, now it is time to investigate further to either prove or disprove the theory.   Saying that something shouldn't be reported on until it is 100% proven fact actually would lead to never finding out the truth on thousands of stories.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

This is a ridiculous statement.   They produced what they found, now it is time to investigate further to either prove or disprove the theory.   Saying that something shouldn't be reported on until it is 100% proven fact actually would lead to never finding out the truth on thousands of stories.   

Leftrat fool be like "shut up"! He really has very little ability for critical thinking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, slideman said:

"Over and over, Carlson went farther than the original article with his direct and explicit claims against the FBI. "

 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/17/politics/tucker-carlson-capitol-insurrection-conspiracy/index.html

 

Assertions without any evidence at all

Rhetoric professor analysed Tucker Carlson's January 6th FBI conspiracy segment.

Unrolled thread here

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1406253200525643776.html

I analyzed Tucker Carlson's January 6th FBI conspiracy segment. It's a masterclass in how conspiracy theories work, a thread.

First, TC activates his audience members' "flight or fight" response. This is key because it activates the body's natural responses to fear--adrenalin & cortisol flood the brain, which "hijacks" the rational part of the brain, preventing critical thinking.

Amygdala Hijack: What It Is, Why It Happens & How to Make It Stop
Amygdala hijack happens when your brain reacts to psychological stress as if it's physical danger and triggers your fight-or-flight response. It’s caused by a more primitive part of your brain called …
https://www.healthline.com/health/stress/amygdala-hijack#overview
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, calguy said:

Rhetoric professor analysed Tucker Carlson's January 6th FBI conspiracy segment.

Unrolled thread here

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1406253200525643776.html

I analyzed Tucker Carlson's January 6th FBI conspiracy segment. It's a masterclass in how conspiracy theories work, a thread.

First, TC activates his audience members' "flight or fight" response. This is key because it activates the body's natural responses to fear--adrenalin & cortisol flood the brain, which "hijacks" the rational part of the brain, preventing critical thinking.

Amygdala Hijack: What It Is, Why It Happens & How to Make It Stop
Amygdala hijack happens when your brain reacts to psychological stress as if it's physical danger and triggers your fight-or-flight response. It’s caused by a more primitive part of your brain called …
https://www.healthline.com/health/stress/amygdala-hijack#overview









 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, calguy said:

TC activated the f/f response by telling the story of a supposedly racially motivated shooting spree in which an African-American man targeted white men. He uses evocative language that puts his viewer in the place of the person shot, reaffirming they are in real danger.

But TC says that it's not the shooter's fault, it's actually a reasonable response to what political leaders have done: focus on race to divide us. This general principle in his lede allows him to segue into the real topic: the government "regime" punishing "political dissent."

He's activated his audience's flight/fight response, he has their attention, but not their reason, and now he deploys his conspiracy narrative. Remember what I've explained about why conspiracy is so powerful & effective: it is a "self-sealing" narrative. It can't be disproven.

If you deny the plot, the conspiracist accuses you of a cover-up, of trying to suppress the truth or free speech. If you deny the facts, the conspiracist says "they won't tell you the truth."

There is no fact or truth that can puncture the conspiracy theory, the logic of conspiracy covers it up.

TC starts with the Attorney General and interprets what he says for the audience with, essentially, the AG hates you, lies, offers no proof you've done anything wrong.

That's the general principle (the major premise), everything else are examples to provide an accumulation to support that major premise as the conclusion. Yes, it's circular.

OK, so the government hates you, how do we know? January 6th had nothing to do with race, but was about imprisoning anyone who opposes Joe Biden's government. Then he quotes PUTIN to prove this. 😱

He says, "honestly, those are fair questions"--aligning his audience with Putin. Then (remember, their flight/fight response is active) he asks if it's "ok to shoot an unarmed woman...no, it'll never be ok." Again, there is danger--you will be shot, they shot an unarmed woman!

This also activates their male/macho "protect our women" vibe while eliding the reason that she was shot (she was an active & imminent threat to elected officials).

This allows him to make an appeal to hypocrisy (tu quoque the dominant appeal of our broken public sphere that erodes trust): BLM & Antifa torched buildings & got away with it, he says! He's making a false comparison between threatening people & buildings.

His audience won't notice that error in reasoning, their amygdala has been hijacked. Remember, he has told his audience that they're in danger, there is a plot, the government are hypocrites.

From there he invokes a series of conspiracy questions about the plot: what, why, what could possibly be the reason, he asks. These questions activate the conspiracy frame.

What follows cannot be disproven because, of course, the conspiracy exists, aren't you in danger? Don't you feel scared? (you do! He's been hijacking your ability to reason and turning your body's natural responses against you)

All this tees up his FBI plot story, which is already proven by his major premise (they're trying to punish political dissent). He uses the language of conspiracy, makes coincidence appear to be a pattern, misrepresenting reality, using hedging words for plausible deniability.
"strangely" "potentially" "for example" "by the way" "almost certainly"

my favorite: "why not? You know why"

The chyron sums it up, "IT'S A TACTIC THE FBI HAS BEEN USING FOR YEARS."

TC sums up by comparing these tactics to the PATRIOT Act and how it violates civil liberties in the name of protecting the US from foreign terror threats. Now the government says that WE are the threats. They're going to PATRIOT Act US!

That should really worry you, TC says. They might even "round up" sitting members of Congress?

The DULY ELECTED? Anyone who opposes the "regime" is a threat because they're punishing political dissent.

EVEN PUTIN ISN'T DOING THAT!
AND NO ONE NOTICED!!

And that friends is how TC wields conspiracy theory against his audience members. He hijacks their ability to think critically with fear appeals, then uses the language of conspiracy to tell them that they should be scared and they can trust no one but him to tell them the truth.

It's an old strategy, and one that Trump has also used very successfully. TC tells his audience that Jan 6 was about legitimate political dissent and any attempt to punish the insurrectionists amounts to totalitarianism, which should scare them. And it does.

And, if you want to see TC do this himself, here is the link to the video:

Tucker Carlson: Government agents may have helped organize the Jan. 6 Capitol riot
Tucker Carlson investigates a new report suggesting the FBI may have been involved in the Jan. 6 Capitol Riot.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-government-agents-helped-organize-capitol-riot

I think it's really important that we all understand how this is done. It's so irresponsible to communicate in this way. It's effective, but unethical. Remember how it works when you try to talk to people who've been fooled by TC & his conspiracy theories and fear appeals.

Scientists think that we can actually get addicted to outrage, fear appeals, and other emotion-baiting language that sets our adrenalin and cortisol responses in motion. We seek it out, wondering "what should we be afraid of today?" And everyone has a form of PTSD.

I'm glad so many of y'all are finding this interesting. More thoughts:

1) "addiction" might be too strong of a word, as folks pointed out to me.

2) check your own fight/flight responses to media content; try not to spread content that elicits that response (it's hard, I know)

Also, I wrote this to prep for my @ReliableSources appearance for tomorrow. Tune in and I'll try to explain how this works in more/less detail.
• • •

Better clean that post up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, calguy said:

TC activated the f/f response by telling the story of a supposedly racially motivated shooting spree in which an African-American man targeted white men. He uses evocative language that puts his viewer in the place of the person shot, reaffirming they are in real danger.

But TC says that it's not the shooter's fault, it's actually a reasonable response to what political leaders have done: focus on race to divide us. This general principle in his lede allows him to segue into the real topic: the government "regime" punishing "political dissent."

He's activated his audience's flight/fight response, he has their attention, but not their reason, and now he deploys his conspiracy narrative. Remember what I've explained about why conspiracy is so powerful & effective: it is a "self-sealing" narrative. It can't be disproven.

If you deny the plot, the conspiracist accuses you of a cover-up, of trying to suppress the truth or free speech. If you deny the facts, the conspiracist says "they won't tell you the truth."

There is no fact or truth that can puncture the conspiracy theory, the logic of conspiracy covers it up.

TC starts with the Attorney General and interprets what he says for the audience with, essentially, the AG hates you, lies, offers no proof you've done anything wrong.

That's the general principle (the major premise), everything else are examples to provide an accumulation to support that major premise as the conclusion. Yes, it's circular.

OK, so the government hates you, how do we know? January 6th had nothing to do with race, but was about imprisoning anyone who opposes Joe Biden's government. Then he quotes PUTIN to prove this. 😱

He says, "honestly, those are fair questions"--aligning his audience with Putin. Then (remember, their flight/fight response is active) he asks if it's "ok to shoot an unarmed woman...no, it'll never be ok." Again, there is danger--you will be shot, they shot an unarmed woman!

This also activates their male/macho "protect our women" vibe while eliding the reason that she was shot (she was an active & imminent threat to elected officials).

This allows him to make an appeal to hypocrisy (tu quoque the dominant appeal of our broken public sphere that erodes trust): BLM & Antifa torched buildings & got away with it, he says! He's making a false comparison between threatening people & buildings.

His audience won't notice that error in reasoning, their amygdala has been hijacked. Remember, he has told his audience that they're in danger, there is a plot, the government are hypocrites.

From there he invokes a series of conspiracy questions about the plot: what, why, what could possibly be the reason, he asks. These questions activate the conspiracy frame.

What follows cannot be disproven because, of course, the conspiracy exists, aren't you in danger? Don't you feel scared? (you do! He's been hijacking your ability to reason and turning your body's natural responses against you)

All this tees up his FBI plot story, which is already proven by his major premise (they're trying to punish political dissent). He uses the language of conspiracy, makes coincidence appear to be a pattern, misrepresenting reality, using hedging words for plausible deniability.
"strangely" "potentially" "for example" "by the way" "almost certainly"

my favorite: "why not? You know why"

The chyron sums it up, "IT'S A TACTIC THE FBI HAS BEEN USING FOR YEARS."

TC sums up by comparing these tactics to the PATRIOT Act and how it violates civil liberties in the name of protecting the US from foreign terror threats. Now the government says that WE are the threats. They're going to PATRIOT Act US!

That should really worry you, TC says. They might even "round up" sitting members of Congress?

The DULY ELECTED? Anyone who opposes the "regime" is a threat because they're punishing political dissent.

EVEN PUTIN ISN'T DOING THAT!
AND NO ONE NOTICED!!

And that friends is how TC wields conspiracy theory against his audience members. He hijacks their ability to think critically with fear appeals, then uses the language of conspiracy to tell them that they should be scared and they can trust no one but him to tell them the truth.

It's an old strategy, and one that Trump has also used very successfully. TC tells his audience that Jan 6 was about legitimate political dissent and any attempt to punish the insurrectionists amounts to totalitarianism, which should scare them. And it does.

And, if you want to see TC do this himself, here is the link to the video:

Tucker Carlson: Government agents may have helped organize the Jan. 6 Capitol riot
Tucker Carlson investigates a new report suggesting the FBI may have been involved in the Jan. 6 Capitol Riot.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-government-agents-helped-organize-capitol-riot

I think it's really important that we all understand how this is done. It's so irresponsible to communicate in this way. It's effective, but unethical. Remember how it works when you try to talk to people who've been fooled by TC & his conspiracy theories and fear appeals.

Scientists think that we can actually get addicted to outrage, fear appeals, and other emotion-baiting language that sets our adrenalin and cortisol responses in motion. We seek it out, wondering "what should we be afraid of today?" And everyone has a form of PTSD.

I'm glad so many of y'all are finding this interesting. More thoughts:

1) "addiction" might be too strong of a word, as folks pointed out to me.

2) check your own fight/flight responses to media content; try not to spread content that elicits that response (it's hard, I know)

Also, I wrote this to prep for my @ReliableSources appearance for tomorrow. Tune in and I'll try to explain how this works in more/less detail.
• • •

Yep the whole world is lying except for Tucker Carlson.

You know what the Quaker said to his wife:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2021 at 1:53 PM, slideman said:

Yep the whole world is lying except for Tucker Carlson.

You know what the Quaker said to his wife:

 

All the world are liars except for thee and me; and I have my doubts about thee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2021 at 10:18 AM, slideman said:

"But here's the problem: The underlying article was nothing more than a conspiratorial web of unproven claims, half-truths and inaccurate drivel about perceived bombshells in court filings. "

 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/17/politics/tucker-carlson-capitol-insurrection-conspiracy/index.html

FALSE. We have actual recordings of the FBI trying to recruit infiltrators for the Jan 6th protest. 

 

We know who organized the mostly peaceful protest, dummy. We also know the FBI has been violating our citizens civil liberties with entrapment, illegal indefinite detaining and an entire investigation and prosecution that's literally a 100% partisan witch hunt while thousands of looters, rioters and law breakers for BLM and Anifa have their charges dropped. 

 

leftists LOVE the government treating citizens differently. 

2 hours ago, IcebergSlim said:

Absolutely no evidence whatsoever..

 

 

:lol:Sure if you ignore thousands of eyewitness testimony, video evidence, statistical evidence, a scathing report in GA that's proven voter fraud, forensic evidence that's proven votes were switched, a forensic audit where up to 20% of the ballots were missing on pallets in AZ, evidence voter machines were hooked up to the internet, etc.

 

You have to be a special kind of fucking moron to believe the establishment narrative on voter fraud that has caused the trust in your MSM to reach ALL TIME LOWS.

 

Your propaganda isn't working. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"As I noted last Friday night on "The 11th Hour" with Brian Williams, members of Congress may have become aware that the FBI is pursuing the root cause of the Jan. 6 riot — and that root may reach to Capitol Hill or those in Trump’s orbit. To the extent that certain members of Congress or aides to Trump may be criminally exposed for any possible role they played in aiding and abetting violence, they would have every reason to begin attacking the investigators: “Of course the FBI will blame us — the agency is simply trying to deflect attention away from its own role in the riot.” It’s a tactic right out of the Trump playbook."

 

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/why-tucker-carlson-blaming-fbi-capitol-riot-n1271533

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...