Court rules against baker

15 minutes ago, Zaro said:

Making a cake isn't worshipping. 

He must bake the faggot cakes

What if Phillip goes in and wants a Nazi cake that has text about jews being evil?    Should the baker have to decorate that cake?

8 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

What if Phillip goes in and wants a Nazi cake that has text about jews being evil?    Should the baker have to decorate that cake?

No. Fascism isn't protected like fairy tales

40 minutes ago, OneGoodLiberal said:

Well it looks like just is prevailing.   Court ruled a homophobe can't refuse service to a gender transformation

https://www.yahoo.com/news/colorado-court-rules-against-baker-205246572.html

These lawsuits can be easily avoided by using a sales contract very similar to those used by cruise lines.

Just now, crazyhole said:

It's stuff like this that will lose the culture war for the left.     They are proving themselves to be hypocritical authoritarians with no regard for liberty and it'll backfire on them.    

they are as easily fooled as the Jews who turned in their friends and family to spare themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Chiseler said:

they are as easily fooled as the Jews who turned in their friends and family to spare themselves. 

And don't even realize that it's the people they are supporting that will be the ones to come after them. 

When a group demands compliance on one issue and gets it, they will move on to another, and another, and another.  

Just now, Zaro said:

No. That's the fascism of the belly

i didnt ask about your beer gut.  anyways yes, forcing to do something against their will is textbook fascism.  

1 minute ago, Chiseler said:

i didnt ask about your beer gut.  anyways yes, forcing to do something against their will is textbook fascism.  

It's not fascism if we do it

4 minutes ago, Zaro said:

It's not fascism if we do it

if you're joking you need to drop a less subtle hint because no one is gonna laugh when you do this. 

14 hours ago, crazyhole said:

False premise.....the contracted cake does not have a message of hatred and prejudice. 

2 minutes ago, Scout said:
14 hours ago, crazyhole said:

False premise.....the contracted cake does not have a message of hatred and prejudice. 

Not a false premise. "Hate" is subjective.

I wonder if  the business owner just says "no thank you" and leaves it at that. No one can say for sure WHY they said no.

10 minutes ago, superds77 said:

I wonder if  the business owner just says "no thank you" and leaves it at that. No one can say for sure WHY they said no.

IT is easy to narrow down.

13 minutes ago, Scout said:
24 minutes ago, superds77 said:

IT is easy to narrow down

I suppose that is true if you are a mind reader, otherwise, not so much.

27 minutes ago, superds77 said:

No, it is easy if you have critical thinking skills.

Strange though it may seem, as a liberal, I believe that the merchant should have the right to refuse those for whom he does business.  HOWEVER, having critical thinking skills, I realize that I am then giving doctors or hospitals the right to refuse

a Republicans because he/she is stupid, or a Democrat because he/she is well educated - permitting them to deny you medical care because of your attributes/characteristics.  There is nothing special about religious discrimination that means the right to refuse to provide my product will end with celebratory cakes.  

Next, you Republicans will decide to deprive children of livers and hearts because they are not a religion of which you approve.  

10 minutes ago, Scout said:
37 minutes ago, superds77 said:

No, it is easy if you have critical thinking skills.

True "critical thinking" skills would tell you that if a person says "no thank you we cannot take that work at this time" and nothing more, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY to KNOW FOR SURE what the motives of that person are. Inferences are not proof.

3 minutes ago, Scout said:

Next, you Republicans will decide to deprive children of livers and hearts because they are not a religion of which you approve.

Is this an example of some of your "critical thinking skills" in action?

MY critical thinking believes that statement is fallacious.

Just now, superds77 said:

Is this an example of some of your "critical thinking skills" in action?

MY critical thinking believes that statement is fallacious.

You don't have critical thinking skills.

By virtue of being a Trump supporter, one is proven to have none.

Have any of you carefully read the contract you agree to with a cruise line when you book a cruise.  In it, they have the right to change the cruise (both in terms of length and destinations), change your room/suite assignment and even cancel your booking for any reason as long as they give a full refund...and they don't have to tell you why they are cancelling the booking.  The individual also has the right to cancel for any reason and receive a full refund.  There is a point, if I remember correctly 90 days prior to departure, where that option stops.

All a bakery (or similar business) has to do is have a similar sales contract giving either party the right to cancel for any reason up to a certain point.  Have the "customer" sign the sales contract and put down a deposit (making it legally binding).  After a few days, contact the customer, cancel the contract and give them a refund.  Problem solved.

20 minutes ago, BatteryPowered said:

Have any of you carefully read the contract you agree to with a cruise line when you book a cruise.  In it, they have the right to change the cruise (both in terms of length and destinations), change your room/suite assignment and even cancel your booking for any reason as long as they give a full refund...and they don't have to tell you why they are cancelling the booking.  The individual also has the right to cancel for any reason and receive a full refund.  There is a point, if I remember correctly 90 days prior to departure, where that option stops.

All a bakery (or similar business) has to do is have a similar sales contract giving either party the right to cancel for any reason up to a certain point.  Have the "customer" sign the sales contract and put down a deposit (making it legally binding).  After a few days, contact the customer, cancel the contract and give them a refund.  Problem solved.

Excellent points.

What about the business owner saying "no thank you"? It seems to me there is no requirement to justify why the business owner said "no". Mr. Phillips knows that he is being set up. Perhaps he gives the reason on purpose, knowing what will happen in an attempt to bring this sort of thing to the fore.