Biden Pushes G-7 Allies To Take A Tougher Stance On China

2 hours ago, PhilipIV said:

So Japan and a collection of African shitholes.

Obviously Japan doesn't like china. They ought to be trying to win over north Korea instead of getting niggers involved.

Canada, Australia and Austria are African shitholes?

Seriously, WTF?

If those are shitholes, which countries are not?

19 minutes ago, Toldya said:

And how is China's economy going to expand when so many of the world's top consumer markets have agreed not to buy from them? Where can they even go? You're not making any sense.

Not making any sense? You're kidding, right? Go to a store....pretty much any store in N America, S America, Europe, Africa etc etc.....tell me it's not loaded with Chinese crap. And that's just the little stuff - you think people are going to pay twice, three times, five times for crap because it's not made in China? Not sure how old you are, but this has been tried before - and fell flat on its face.

How about pharmaceuticals? Or maybe electronics? How about China's massive spread of influence in their own area, in E Europe, in Africa and elsewhere? All part of a very coordinated plan.

When China joins in this carbon boondoggle, with measurable results - I'll applaud whomever. I'm not going to hold my breath though, as given their actions - it's simply not going to happen. The G7 is 25% of the polluters - what's the plan for the other 75%? 

4 hours ago, Toldya said:

Biden has accomplished what Trump effectively sabotaged with his impotent bully tactics- a united international front against China.

7fbd768b0203f527c5d670d2105de928.jpg

1 hour ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Not making any sense? You're kidding, right? Go to a store....pretty much any store in N America, S America, Europe, Africa etc etc.....tell me it's not loaded with Chinese crap. And that's just the little stuff - you think people are going to pay twice, three times, five times for crap because it's not made in China? Not sure how old you are, but this has been tried before - and fell flat on its face.

How about pharmaceuticals? Or maybe electronics? How about China's massive spread of influence in their own area, in E Europe, in Africa and elsewhere? All part of a very coordinated plan.

When China joins in this carbon boondoggle, with measurable results - I'll applaud whomever. I'm not going to hold my breath though, as given their actions - it's simply not going to happen. The G7 is 25% of the polluters - what's the plan for the other 75%? 

That's already on its way to even cheaper and less regulated nations like Vietnam. China doesn't want to be an American sweatshop forever.

And China HAS joined in the 'boondoggle'. They're weaning themselves off fossil fuels the same as everywhere else.

ONLY Trump refused to join.

And here's the breakdown of emissions per country.

co2-emissions-per-country-chart.jpg?itok

1 hour ago, PhilipIV said:

Japan isnt

If your only metric is cultural or racial homogeneity, then ok. But most people care more about things like living standards and prosperity.

2 minutes ago, Toldya said:

If your only metric is cultural or racial homogeneity, then ok. But most people care more about things like living standards and prosperity.

Citation needed. 

8 hours ago, rippy38 said:

Shit... I'm a realist.

They didn't like Trump because he didn't line their pockets.

Truthat...

8 hours ago, Toldya said:

They didn't like Trump because he bullied them with tariffs and preached isolationism, support for nuclear escalation and American supremacy... this on top of being clueless enough to brag about his domestic 'triumphs' on an international stage. 

The truth is Trump's hostility pushed allies TOWARDS China..

you are basically a liar 

Trump tried to correct decades of  unfair trade with tariffs  and  you are a fucking  god damn liar about the   nuclear escalation and American supremacy .

It's your "never in  doubt"  attitude that is so hilarious 

China HAS joined in the 'boondoggle'. They're weaning themselves off fossil fuels the same as everywhere else.

By  building new coal plants ?

Trump refused to join.

you obviously do not understand science, specifically  chemistry and  physiscs

9 hours ago, Toldya said:

Biden has accomplished what Trump effectively sabotaged with his impotent bully tactics- a united international front against China.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/13/1005969393/biden-spends-the-weekend-trying-to-persuade-g-7-leaders-to-push-back-on-china

So how are the nutjobs going to argue that any of this is helping China?

If chyna doesn’t do what they want then what?

7 hours ago, Toldya said:

That's already on its way to even cheaper and less regulated nations like Vietnam. China doesn't want to be an American sweatshop forever.

And China HAS joined in the 'boondoggle'. They're weaning themselves off fossil fuels the same as everywhere else.

ONLY Trump refused to join.

And here's the breakdown of emissions per country.

co2-emissions-per-country-chart.jpg?itok

Your response has proven me correct, as well as proven you’re both wrong, and willing to be ignorant for an ill-fated agenda.

Here’s the reality of your “weaning themselves off of fossil fuels like everyone else” BS.

How bout something from the staunch right wing Yale School of the Environment?

Despite Pledges to Cut Emissions, China Goes on a Coal Spree

Coal remains at the heart of China’s flourishing economy. In 2019, 58 percent of the country’s total energy consumption came from coal, which helps explain why China accounts for 28 percent of all global CO2 emissions. And China continues to build coal-fired power plants at a rate that outpaces the rest of the world combined. In 2020, China brought 38.4 gigawatts of new coal-fired power into operation, more than three times what was brought on line everywhere else.

https://e360.yale.edu/features/despite-pledges-to-cut-emissions-china-goes-on-a-coal-spree

Have a great day, one of us is heading to work.

14 hours ago, Toldya said:

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/13/1005969393/biden-spends-the-weekend-trying-to-persuade-g-7-leaders-to-push-back-on-china

So how are the nutjobs going to argue that any of this is helping China?

Let’s see em make chyna pay for covid our allow investigation ok?

3 hours ago, LaughinAtLefty said:

Your response has proven me correct, as well as proven you’re both wrong, and willing to be ignorant for an ill-fated agenda.

Here’s the reality of your “weaning themselves off of fossil fuels like everyone else” BS.

How bout something from the staunch right wing Yale School of the Environment?

Despite Pledges to Cut Emissions, China Goes on a Coal Spree

Coal remains at the heart of China’s flourishing economy. In 2019, 58 percent of the country’s total energy consumption came from coal, which helps explain why China accounts for 28 percent of all global CO2 emissions. And China continues to build coal-fired power plants at a rate that outpaces the rest of the world combined. In 2020, China brought 38.4 gigawatts of new coal-fired power into operation, more than three times what was brought on line everywhere else.

https://e360.yale.edu/features/despite-pledges-to-cut-emissions-china-goes-on-a-coal-spree

Have a great day, one of us is heading to work.

You don't even have a point. 

Even if China is the biggest emitter or is lying, that doesn't mean that the US transitioning to clean power is going to destroy the economy or that it won't make a difference or that it is bad.

And I didn't say they had accomplished any goal... I was talking about the future.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-03-11/China-going-all-in-on-a-clean-energy-future-YxgxGdx2Ok/index.html

You're just reciting preprogrammed replies that make no sense whatsoever.