Workers Are Gaining Leverage Over Employers Right Before Our Eyes

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FIFY.

"People are demanding more money to take a new job. The “reservation wage,” as economists call the minimum compensation workers would require, was 19 percent higher for those without a college degree

I would not say they have messed up the supply end of the spectrum I would say they have leveled the playing field so they are on a more equal footing with employers when it comes to negotiating wages

23 hours ago, slideman said:

"People are demanding more money to take a new job. The “reservation wage,” as economists call the minimum compensation workers would require, was 19 percent higher for those without a college degree in March than in November 2019, a jump of nearly $10,000 a year, according to a survey by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.  Employers are feeling it: A survey of human resources executives from large companies conducted in April by the Conference Board, a research group, found that 49 percent of organizations with a mostly blue-collar work force found it hard to retain workers, up from 30 percent before the pandemic."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/05/upshot/jobs-rising-wages.html

This is a leveling of the playing field that is long overdue.

There is a talent war going on right now.

I get contacted by headhunters everyday trying to get me to change jobs, and offering me whatever I want basically.

I am committed to finishing the current project I am on ... that's just who I am, I wont walk away in the middle of something I started. After that though, I will probably be able to double my salary.

Thanks Biden for fucking things up so bad, and paying losers not to work, so those of us who will can benefit ...

12 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

There is a talent war going on right now.

I get contacted by headhunters everyday trying to get me to change jobs, and offering me whatever I want basically.

I am committed to finishing the current project I am on ... that's just who I am, I wont walk away in the middle of something I started. After that though, I will probably be able to double my salary.

Thanks Biden for fucking things up so bad, and paying losers not to work, so those of us who will can benefit ...

BWAAHAHAHA!  

Whiteboy is getting ahead BECAUSE OF LIBERAL POLICYMAKING!

Life is good!

14 minutes ago, Scout said:

Whiteboy is getting ahead BECAUSE OF LIBERAL POLICYMAKING!

Not at all. The financial opportunities have changed for talented experienced people ... because the Liberals have destroyed the country. No solid business wants to or will hire a Liberal now, so we can name our price ...

13 hours ago, Chiseler said:

Why are we fucking with nuclear war

This is the result of a world subdivided into  "countries" !

All countries either want to be the strongest of all other  . . .  or will allywith the one they perceive to be the strongest.

In other words  . . .  self-preservation leads to self-annihilation.

Just now, JinnMartini said:

This is the result of a world subdivided into  "countries" !

All countries either want to be the strongest of all other  . . .  or will allywith the one they perceive to be the strongest.

In other words  . . .  self-preservation leads to self-annihilation.

ya and the world is not big enough for two of those so we might be in trouble

37 minutes ago, whiteboy said:

Not at all. The financial opportunities have changed for talented experienced people ... because the Liberals have destroyed the country. No solid business wants to or will hire a Liberal now, so we can name our price ...

WhiteBoy --- You are a failure.  If you want to be a success, learn the critical thinking skills that only LIBERALS have.  Until then, you can expect to always be in the lower part of the wage scale.  

6 hours ago, Common said:

The price of things went up when slavery was abolished, too. 

I guess that's one good reason to have kept slavery. Plus we'd have less uppity moulinyans to deal with. 

And less criminals in jails  . . .  

12 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

it is bad, very bad.

the goal is bad

its all bad..

Why do  you hate the  Free market and America ?

Rising wages is a bad thing?   I figured we were all in agreement that this was a goal.  

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

Relax lady.

Are you done your irrelevant rant?   We are talking about the artificially caused labor shortage that some of the statists here are cheering 

The opposite is happening at the border. That should equalize things. 

5 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

I work too.  

Which makes it that much stupider to hate workers. Why do you do it?

• Upvote 1