Workers Are Gaining Leverage Over Employers Right Before Our Eyes

2 hours ago, slideman said:

"People are demanding more money to take a new job. The “reservation wage,” as economists call the minimum compensation workers would require, was 19 percent higher for those without a college degree in March than in November 2019, a jump of nearly $10,000 a year, according to a survey by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.  Employers are feeling it: A survey of human resources executives from large companies conducted in April by the Conference Board, a research group, found that 49 percent of organizations with a mostly blue-collar work force found it hard to retain workers, up from 30 percent before the pandemic."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/05/upshot/jobs-rising-wages.html

This is a leveling of the playing field that is long overdue.

AMEN!  And with it, the tax increase for the wealthiest!  

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FIFY.

"People are demanding more money to take a new job. The “reservation wage,” as economists call the minimum compensation workers would require, was 19 percent higher for those without a college degree

I would not say they have messed up the supply end of the spectrum I would say they have leveled the playing field so they are on a more equal footing with employers when it comes to negotiating wages

This is going to moderate once the $300 bonus is phased out on Sept. 6, 2021. In every state that I have looked at, they have the work requirement back on. The requirement that you look for a job was waived in most states but it is back on now. There are ways around this and have always been but that will motivate potential workers to re-enter the laborforce. 

3 minutes ago, Scout said:

the tax increase in the wealthiest!  

you  have to be fucked in the  head  to  be happy about  other people  getting  money confiscated.  Surely there is a  jealously component involved here.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, slideman said:

I would not say they have messed up the supply end of the spectrum I would say they have leveled the playing field so they are on a more equal footing with employers when it comes to negotiating wages.

Pssst. SHITSTAINman.

As soon as XIDEN and his policies CRASH THE ECONOMY, it's not going to matter what wages are being "demanded".

There ain't gonna be any JOBS to demand wages.

Oh, and it IS HAPPENING. EVERY MAJOR ECONOMIST IN THE NATION says it's heading down that hole FAST!! INFLATION, RISING PRICES OF FOOD AND ESSENTIALS, LUMBER AND OTHER BUILDING MATERIAL PRICES AT UNBELIEVABLE PRICES, AND THE MASSIVE DEBT XIDEN IS CREATING is all a FULL SCALE DEPRESSION waiting to happen!!!

And you FUCKING PIG TURD GOBBLERS voted for it!!!

• Thumb up 1
2 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

create  a demand by paying people to not work?

you support that?

Not particularly, but its accomplishing a goal that we really need to attain so it isn't all bad.  

2 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

you  have to be fucked in the  head  to  be happy about  other people  getting  money confiscated.  Surely there is a  jealously component involved here.

No.  Some of us just love our country and want what is wrong fixed.

And we work to do it without SHITTING in the Capitol halls as rightwingers do.

4 minutes ago, MidnightMax said:

Pssst. SHITSTAINman.

As soon as XIDEN and his policies CRASH THE ECONOMY, it's not going to matter what wages are being "demanded".

There ain't gonna be any JOBS to demand wages.

Oh, and it IS HAPPENING. EVERY MAJOR ECONOMIST IN THE NATION says it's heading down that hole FAST!! INFLATION, RISING PRICES OF FOOD AND ESSENTIALS, LUMBER AND OTHER BUILDING MATERIAL PRICES AT UNBELIEVABLE PRICES, AND THE MASSIVE DEBT XIDEN IS CREATING is all a FULL SCALE DEPRESSION waiting to happen!!!

And you FUCKING PIG TURD GOBBLERS voted for it!!!

I think this looks like a great strategy to employ each time wages do NOT keep up.

Government funded leaves of absence.  

5 minutes ago, Scout said:

I think this looks like a great strategy to employ each time wages do NOT keep up.

That would be a total fucking disaster.   As a one-off, yeah this is probably not the worst thing in the world but perpetual welfare that is higher than wage growth is a recipe for disaster.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, slideman said:

"People are demanding more money to take a new job. The “reservation wage,” as economists call the minimum compensation workers would require, was 19 percent higher for those without a college degree in March than in November 2019, a jump of nearly $10,000 a year, according to a survey by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.  Employers are feeling it: A survey of human resources executives from large companies conducted in April by the Conference Board, a research group, found that 49 percent of organizations with a mostly blue-collar work force found it hard to retain workers, up from 30 percent before the pandemic."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/05/upshot/jobs-rising-wages.html

This is a leveling of the playing field that is long overdue.

Good everything is going up for the poor. So it doesn't really make any difference now does it and with Biden in there it's only going to get worse. 

I love idiots like you that never consider cause and effect, especially at the voting booth.

2 hours ago, crazyhole said:

That would be a total fucking disaster.   As a one-off, yeah this is probably not the worst thing in the world but perpetual welfare that is higher than wage growth is a recipe for disaster.  

I think it is very interesting to observe.  

4 hours ago, Scout said:

Yeah, STUPID FUCKING MORONS would say or believe that

So, CUNT, who is going to PAY FOR ALL YOUR FREE SHIT??

Those "evil rich" you seem to hate so much?? Who pays when THEY run out of money?? Don't think it can happen?? Nice bullshit you spread there if you do!!!

2 hours ago, jefftec said:

It's not the government's business to insert itself within the transactions and agreements between two parties, period.

.....it's all about power.....

Blah.....blah.....blah.....

6 hours ago, Zaro said:

The price of Romanian teeth will go up

To me it doesn't matter one bit  . . .  

I've got my 3 sets  . . .  and I'll probably long be dead before I wear them out  . . .  

But it sure matters to you  . . .  that'd be a couple of months of your SSI !

Or about 300 blowjobs !

That's including your flight fare there  . . .  

6 hours ago, nuckin futz said:

I wont even get out of bed for less than a hundred $!!!! CASH!

Bad luck you CAN'T get out of bed  . . .  but for a $100 you will  . . .  with some help  . . .  and into a wheelchair !

Question is  . . .  who the fuck would pay 100 bucks to a cripple like you, moving about in a wheelchair ?