FORBES magazine: 10 Journalism Brands Where You Find Real Facts Rather Than Alternative Facts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barking up the wrong tree.....I despise Clinton. His morals are on par with yours.  

This is nothing more than one journalist's opinion, Paul Glader.

There's not a SINGLE ONE of those named that is credible.   NOT ONE!   They are all NOTHING BUT LEFT-WING-EXTREMIST PROPAGANDA MACHINES!   This FACT was brought to you fr

Posted Images

On 6/11/2021 at 9:56 AM, Scout said:

10 Journalism Brands Where You Find Real Facts Rather Than Alternative Facts

Are you the person that just trashed The Blaze or am I confused ?

'Headline was flawed': New York Times changed headline about Trump speech after backlash

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/08/05/new-york-times-criticism-donald-trump-speech-headline/1929546001/

To seriously discuss this presidency, you have to open your mind to the truly obscene.

Since BuzzFeed News published the dossier last year, the right has treated this allegation as so outrageous as to be almost prima facie false...

Whatever you think of the former F.B.I. director James Comey, he has started a long overdue national conversation about whether the pee tape is real.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/16/opinion/comey-book-steele-dossier.html

Washington Post, New York Times, and NBC News retract reports on Giuliani

And better yet the link is from Commie News Network: 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/01/media/washington-post-new-york-times-retraction-giuliani/index.html

• Thumb up 1
3 hours ago, Scout said:

liar.

Trump: "Yeah that's her with the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful... I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

Bush: "Whatever you want."

Trump: "Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

===========================================

Please do not talk to me again, Taipin.  

Your morals make me ill.

Mam,

You are making my case for me.

The direct quote, and I thank you for that, PROVES that Mr. Trump did not grab

a pussy like you earlier alleged.   He did not do that.   He was trash-talkin' with

his buddy & said you can if you want to !!

Another point, your quote proves that he does not hate women.   

He loves women so much that he is probably a sex-addict like your boy,

Horn-Dog Bill Clinton.                                                              😛....🍺.

59 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Mam,

You are making my case for me.

The direct quote, and I thank you for that, PROVES that Mr. Trump did not grab

a pussy like you earlier alleged.   He did not do that.   He was trash-talkin' with

his buddy & said you can if you want to !!

Another point, your quote proves that he does not hate women.   

He loves women so much that he is probably a sex-addict like your boy,

Horn-Dog Bill Clinton.                                                              😛....🍺.

Barking up the wrong tree.....I despise Clinton.

His morals are on par with yours.

• Haha 1
  • IDIOT! 1
17 minutes ago, Scout said:

Barking up the wrong tree.....I despise Clinton.

His morals are on par with yours.

Lady,

you gotta lotta hard bark on you.

Do you wish to apologize for slandering Mr. Trump ?

Your quote proved he didn't grab anyone.

Why do you have to be such a hard-ass, even when you are wrong ?

Ohhhhhh.........and Texas men ?

We treat all women with lady-like deference.

Even when some women exhibit.......unlady-like behavior.             🤠.

10 hours ago, Scout said:

And you are a reader of  QAnon and The Gateway Pundit criticizing the NY Times.  

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

False. I posted a link that has dozens of documented lies by every source you posted. You are a liar. They are a liar and no one should trust anything the MSM parrots. 

On 6/11/2021 at 9:02 AM, Pastafarian said:

Except when it comes to Israeli atrocities.

Tgey all lie about them. 

They also helped mislead people into being lab rats. 

They are the headwaters of the MSM - they are shit, and forbes is shit for calling the shinola. 

On 6/12/2021 at 2:00 PM, Scout said:

Fred doesn't realize that pussy grabbing is foreplay ONLY if you are a rapist.

Tells us all we need to know about his sex life:  What he knows he knows by

reading Penthouse Forum fantasy letters.  Sad.  DAMN sad. 

Pussy grabbing is foreplay between two consenting adults not necessarily in rape. In fact I don't think there is any foreplay in rape.

1 minute ago, FredH said:

Pussy grabbing is foreplay between two consenting adults not necessarily in rape. In fact I don't think there is any foreplay in rape.

I don't think a guy who reads Penthouse Forum as often as you knows anything about actual sex.  

On 6/12/2021 at 2:12 PM, Scout said:

Media Bias Fact Check gives The Blaze a score that is almost as far right as they can score it.

Nothing wrong with that considering Media bias factcheck is as far left as possible.

Just now, FredH said:

Nothing wrong with that considering Media bias factcheck is as far left as possible.

What does that mean?  Tell me what kind of scores you are claiming it gives that are biased in some way?  

On 6/11/2021 at 8:56 AM, Scout said:

10 Journalism Brands Where You Find Real Facts Rather Than Alternative Facts (forbes.com)

Realizing that millions more people are scratching their heads, wondering what to read and where to spend their subscription dollars, here are my top 10 large journalistic brands where I believe you can most often find real, reported facts:

1. The New York Times

This is the most influential newspaper in the U.S. in my view. Its editorial page and some of its news coverage take a left-leaning, progressive view of the world. But the NYT also hews to ethical standards of reporting and the classic elements of journalism in America. That's what helps the NYT remain, arguably, the agenda-setting news organization in America. It is a leader in business, politics and culture coverage. *

2. The Wall Street Journal

The largest circulation newspaper in the U.S., the WSJ made its bones as a business newspaper and pioneered new types of feature writing in American journalism (for example, its quirky middle-column feature called the "Ahed" and longer form, in-depth reports called "leders"). As the company was purchased by Australian media mogul Rupert Murdoch in 2007, the WSJ pivoted to cover more general news in addition to business news. The WSJ is still brand X among daily business publications in the world. Its editorial page is a bastion of American free-market conservatism, using the motto, "free markets, free people." With former Republican speechwriters and strategists such as Karl Rove, Peggy Noonan and Bill McGurn writing columns, the WSJ editorial page is often a must-read for Republicans in Washington. And left-leaning readers should not dismiss the WSJ edit page just because they may disagree with its positions. It has won several Pulitzer Prizes for editorials and columns that feature a clear thesis, backed up by thorough fact-based reporting and bold arguments. *

3. The Washington Post

The newspaper that brought down President Richard Nixon with its reporting on the Watergate scandal in the early 1970s maintains its intellectually robust tradition under the new ownership of Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos. The Post has, for decades, been part of the big three national papers - a peer of the NYT and WSJ - in terms of winning Pulitzer Prizes, hiring the best and brightest reporters and producing big scoops. Of the big three, the Post is arguably the most forward-thinking right now in trying new digital strategies that have boosted readership. And with Bezos' backing, the Post is on a hiring binge for talented reporters while the NYT and WSJ have been pruning their reporting staffs in recent months. Most people think the Post editorial page leans left but is often regarded as more center left than the NYT. *

4. BBC

The BBC is the global standard bearer for excellence in broadcast radio and TV journalism. If only U.S. cable news outlets could follow BBC's recipe. And while PBS produces some great entertainment, documentary and news programs, its news programs have often seemed to lack the creative energy of the BBC. While NPR produces some fantastic journalism, a bulk of its news coverage seem to come from re-reporting news from the New York Times and the Associated Press. And the American public perceives NPR to be more left-leaning than the BBC.

5. The Economist

Another British export, the Economist magazine is staffed with excellent economists and journalists who produce a tightly-edited, factually rigorous account of what's happening in the world each week. One oddity is that the Economist doesn't publish bylines of their writers so you never know who exactly wrote a given piece.

6. The New Yorker

This American treasure publishes sophisticated narrative non-fiction pieces from top writers and reporters each week in a print magazine and, increasingly, on other platforms. The New Yorker is smartly expanding its audience on the web, offering to the masses content that used to be open only to its print subscribers. The magazine itself runs a piece of fiction each week (identifies it as such). The long-form non-fiction reports on politics, culture, business and other topics often take months to report, write and fact check. The result is deep reporting and analysis each week that is hard to find elsewhere. And the narrative structures and techniques the writers use make for enjoyable reading. Similar to the Times, the New Yorker presents a progressive view of the world. Conservative readers should recognize that but not let it detract from them enjoying some of the best reporting and writing happening in the world. *

7. Wire Services: The Associated Press, Reuters, Bloomberg News

You can't exactly "subscribe" to these wire services. But you can trust reports from these organizations to be factual. They provide a backbone of news and information flows about politics and the economy. And their member organizations that surface their reports benefit from this reporting. You can follow these organizations on social media and can also follow certain reporters for these organizations who report on topics of interest to you. These wire services also do have web sites and mobile apps you can use to stay abreast the news. *

8. Foreign Affairs

This bi-monthly magazine is published by the Council on Foreign Relations. It's a serious magazine for people who want intelligence on global affairs. The magazine and its many digital platforms benefits from submissions, dialogue, differing views and analysis from the many top minds on international relations.

9. The Atlantic

This is another national treasure, a monthly magazine that presents a view of the nation and world from Washington D.C. It is informed by many top journalists who write long-form features and also write some analysis. The Atlantic web site sometimes hews to clickable headlines. But the magazine and its parent company also subscribe to American journalism principles of fact-based reporting.

10. Politico

Founded by reporters who left the Washington Post in 2006, Politico has built itself into a crucial player in politics reporting in the U.S. (and with expansions to Europe). It does publish some products in print, but Politico is easily accessible on the Internet and mobile devices. Keep an eye on Axios, a news startup launched this year by two founders of Politico.

http://www.msmlies.com/

NYT

Category: "NY Times"