Police utilize pre-crime tactics and harass teen and his family

"Jones, who had studied to be a paralegal, said he tried to stand his ground and refused to allow officers to conduct any more warrantless searches of his property. But police interpreted this behavior, the lawsuit states, as uncooperative and he was repeatedly cited — and eventually arrested — for property code violations such as having overly long grass, missing numbers on his mailbox and a Jet Ski trailer on the property."

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/predictive-policing-strategies-children-face-pushback-n1269674

54 minutes ago, slideman said:

"Jones, who had studied to be a paralegal, said he tried to stand his ground and refused to allow officers to conduct any more warrantless searches of his property. But police interpreted this behavior, the lawsuit states, as uncooperative and he was repeatedly cited — and eventually arrested — for property code violations such as having overly long grass, missing numbers on his mailbox and a Jet Ski trailer on the property."

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/predictive-policing-strategies-children-face-pushback-n1269674

Truth be told, if the kid's rights were truly violated, i.e. the cops had no reason to be questioning or searching the kid or his house, then the cops should be reprimanded or fired over this.  No one here is for warrantless searches based on no pretext other than "they heard the kid was trouble".   Personally, I think you have some issue with cops, because you seem to seek these stories out.

18 hours ago, Skans said:

The cops found bags with marijuana all over his living quarters.

No.  I simply think there's more to this story than a couple of cops jacking around a little kid for kicks and giggles.

The found a bag with traces. Otherwise known as nothing. 

You would think there’s more bcuz black people get no benefit of doubt with you. 

The police had no right to search the house then harass them on a daily and nightly basis. 

On 6/11/2021 at 4:58 AM, Pastafarian said:

The Young Turks lie and sensationalize constantly.

Cenk is one of the biggest hacks in "media".

Lol

• Thumb up 1
23 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

Wait… you think it’s ok to murder an unarmed protestor posing no threat but you’re mad about a little harassment? 😆

23 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

No, it’s not right to murder an unarmed protestor posing no threat. 

^^^^This doesn’t include Ashli Babbitt. 

23 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

Are you claiming she posed a threat to someone? Anyone? Unarmed??????

You'd have a shred of integrity if you were consistent, bitch. Now shut the fuck up. 

14 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

She wasn’t unarmed, shitty nurse. 

You’re a pathological liar. 

Yes. She was unarmed you stupid fuck. 

10 million wrongful death suit. 

14 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

Yes. She was unarmed you stupid fuck. 

10 million wrongful death suit. 

She was not unarmed. She was part of a violent mob. 

The family hasn’t won anything yet, premature ejaculator. 

2 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

She was not unarmed. She was part of a violent mob. 

The family hasn’t won anything yet, premature ejaculator. 

She was unarmed and posing a thread to no one. Your principles are rooted in political ideology. You’re a shitty person who’s amoral and valueless. 

12 minutes ago, Str8tEdge said:

She was unarmed and posing a thread to no one. Your principles are rooted in political ideology. You’re a shitty person who’s amoral and valueless. 

She broke windows to get into the Capitol. 

It’s not my fault you’re a dishonest shitty nurse. 

11 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

She broke windows to get into the Capitol. 

It’s not my fault you’re a dishonest shitty nurse. 

So your argument is breaking windows is justification for murder? Are you fucking insane??? You start a thread on police abusing their power then justify murder for a broken window????

THIS is why I can’t take any of you idiots seriously. Not ONE argument you make has any logic, reasoning or consistency. 

11 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

So your argument is breaking windows is justification for murder? Are you fucking insane??? You start a thread on police abusing their power then justify murder for a broken window????

THIS is why I can’t take any of you idiots seriously. Not ONE argument you make has any logic, reasoning or consistency. 

Somebody breaks my windows to get I to my house l, I might just shoot them. 

No, justification for her death is she had mob frenzy fever. 

48 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

That wasn’t a private residence. Your great lengths you go to protect abusive power by cops shows how inconsistent your stance is on the issue. 

You sorely lack fundamental critical thinking skills. 

57 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

So if a store owner starts gunning down "protestors" that are smashing the windows of his business, it's justified.

That was not a question.

1 hour ago, Str8tEdge said:

That wasn’t a private residence. Your great lengths you go to protect abusive power by cops shows how inconsistent your stance is on the issue. 

You sorely lack fundamental critical thinking skills. 

Doesn’t matter. 

The cop felt he needed to use lethal force to protect himself from a frenzied mob. 

You lack integrity. 

1 hour ago, rippy38 said:

So if a store owner starts gunning down "protestors" that are smashing the windows of his business, it's justified.

That was not a question.

If he feels his life threatened then yes. 

Protestors don’t do that. 

12 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

Doesn’t matter. 

The cop felt he needed to use lethal force to protect himself from a frenzied mob. 

You lack integrity. 

You realize there's a protocol police need to use before deadly force , right?

It's HILARIOUS watching you defend blatant police abuse of power while attacking it. 

Integrity starts with principles that don't change based or race or partisan politics.

You've PROVEN you have no integrity and are incapable of judging others integrity. 

8 hours ago, Str8tEdge said:

You realize there's a protocol police need to use before deadly force , right?

It's HILARIOUS watching you defend blatant police abuse of power while attacking it. 

Integrity starts with principles that don't change based or race or partisan politics.

You've PROVEN you have no integrity and are incapable of judging others integrity. 

How do you know protocol wasn’t being followed?

Ashli Babbitt abused her power. She participated in mob violence. 

41 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

How do you know protocol wasn’t being followed?

Based on the evidence. The cop didn't even ask her to stop. He literally came over and blew her away. 

41 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Ashli Babbitt abused her power. She participated in mob violence. 

So mob violence is a death sentence by execution? :lol:

You are literally getting dumber and dumber as your attempts to argue against and for police brutality utterly fail.