Yes, Your Employer Can Require You to Be Vaccinated

10 hours ago, Skans said:

Are you the one who has been deleting my ORIGINAL content???

No, I don't believe I have... but I can tell when it's your stuff too.

Same goes for a few other here as well.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's my body and I'll do what I want !   Sounds like a case for the Supreme Court.            

I fired my employer last year.

You can post the headline, one or two teaser paragraphs, a picture, and a link to the original source.   Technically, the above post is in violation of the rule since you didn't provide a li

10 hours ago, Skans said:

The NY Times is not respected by over half the country. 

SKANS:  This will likely go over your head.  I want you to look at the first graph and look at the value of the dark green line.

It is well above 50%.   So, that is an example of you getting caught lying.  You CHOSE to make up a false post about the NYTimes.  I CHOSE to show you are lying about it.

5cacf8eec6cc5074332649e6?width=1000&form

On 6/11/2021 at 7:22 PM, Scout said:

SKANS:  This will likely go over your head.  I want you to look at the first graph and look at the value of the dark green line.

It is well above 50%.   So, that is an example of you getting caught lying.  You CHOSE to make up a false post about the NYTimes.  I CHOSE to show you are lying about it.

5cacf8eec6cc5074332649e6?width=1000&form

SCOUT: This obviously has already gone over your head.  I want you to look at the small print at the bottom of your graph - the data was collected between December 2016 - April 2019.  It is June 2021.  EVERY ONE OF YOUR GRAPHS, show a deep decline in the erosion of Media Credibility beginning 2018, with no indication at all of improving credibility. 

Given that there were huge problems in media coverage of Trump and the elections leading up to the 2020 election, there is no reason to believe that these lines (all of which were trending down) didn't continue to trend downward.

Now, Scout, when you use a historic graph from 2019, one can only assume that you are trying to say something about the present and not just giving all of us a history lesson.  What all of these graphs show is a severe erosion in media credibility.  Even the yellow line for your beloved NPR was under 50% in 2019, trending down.  CNN took a deep dive downward over the course of a couple of years, and MSNBC is clearly below 50%.  Graphs show trends so that we can make calculated predictions.  Your graphs prove precisely what I analyzed and described for everyone.

1 hour ago, Skans said:

SCOUT: This obviously has already gone over your head.  I want you to look at the small print at the bottom of your graph - the data was collected between December 2016 - April 2019.  It is June 2021.  EVERY ONE OF YOUR GRAPHS, show a deep decline in the erosion of Media Credibility beginning 2018, with no indication at all of improving credibility. 

Given that there were huge problems in media coverage of Trump and the elections leading up to the 2020 election, there is no reason to believe that these lines (all of which were trending down) didn't continue to trend downward.

Now, Scout, when you use a historic graph from 2019, one can only assume that you are trying to say something about the present and not just giving all of us a history lesson.  What all of these graphs show is a severe erosion in media credibility.  Even the yellow line for your beloved NPR was under 50% in 2019, trending down.  CNN took a deep dive downward over the course of a couple of years, and MSNBC is clearly below 50%.  Graphs show trends so that we can make calculated predictions.  Your graphs prove precisely what I analyzed and described for everyone.

Then why did you post these graphs given they are not pertinent to the claims you were making?  Hmmmmmm?

On 6/11/2021 at 12:52 PM, crazyhole said:

Correct.   It's no different than an employer requiring a drug test or a physical.  They can't force it on you, but if you refuse then they can fire you.   

You can fire an employee for any reason as long as it isn't an illegal reason.   Illegal reasons are pretty well defined.   

On 6/11/2021 at 2:33 PM, drvoke said:

Of course they can. If their employees feel differently, there's the door.

This is true until states pass laws banning vaccination requirements

Primarily, it's red states that are considering and/or already passing such bans, while blue states are passing laws promoting vaccine passports

What better way to distinguish liberal states from conservative, and choose with which you wish to associate: Red states are passing laws to protect your freedom, blue states are passing laws to invade your privacy

1 hour ago, Scout said:

Then why did you post these graphs given they are not pertinent to the claims you were making?  Hmmmmmm?

The graphs are pertinent to my claims.  But, let me remind you, Scout, you posted the graphs.  Remember - these were your graphs.  They actually proved my point and not yours.  I simply analyzed the graphs you faultily relied upon.

Drop it and move onto something else.  You lost this one big time.

Back to the topic, 

It seems to be legal for employers to demand this. However, I do not see why most would really need to. Health care and you having very close, intimate contact with someone... Ok. Call center... not so ok.