We've Been Telling the Alamo Story Wrong for Nearly 200 Years. Now It's Time to Correct the Record

The Mexicans were fighting among themselves. Bands of rebels were coming into Texas and Cal. Polk believed in manifest destiny. Polk sent Z. Taylor in. Navy pulled off landing at Vera Cruz. Mexicans signed treaty of Hildago.  We paid Mexicans for the land. Army got training for coming civil war. End of great story. 

• Like 1

NOW HEAR THIS!

MESTIZOS HAVE NEVER - NOT ONCE - BUILT A MODERN, INDUSTRIALIZED SOCIETY!

THEY NEVER WILL.

THEY HAVE IQS THAT ARE TOO LOW, AND A MANANA ATTITUDE WHICH WILL FOREVER PREVENT THEM FROM ACHIEVING FIRST-WORLD STATUS.

The REAL TEXANS (ANGLOS)  were OUTNUMBERED by the mestizos under Santa Anna, and the Texans whipped the mestizos' asses all the way back across the river.

This SAVED Texas from becoming a mestizo nation.

Texans - ANGLOS - SAVED THE DAY!

Texans CLEANSED Texas of the mestizo curse.

Have you any questions?

• Like 1

You left out the part about slavery dude. Slavery was prohibited in Mexico. The white texicans wanted slaves. It was one of the reasons for their revolt against Mexican rule.

"In 1829, when Vicente Guerrero, then president of the Republic of Mexico, issued a decree that all enslaved people were henceforth emancipated, Anglo settlers were aghast. “We are ruined forever should this measure be adopted,” wrote John Durst, a prominent landowner and politician. Stephen F. Austin replied, “I am the owner of one slave only, an old decrepit woman, not worth much, but in this matter I should feel that my constitutional rights as a Mexican were just as much infringed, as they would be if I had a thousand.”

1 hour ago, slideman said:

You left out the part about slavery dude. Slavery was prohibited in Mexico. The white texicans wanted slaves. It was one of the reasons for their revolt against Mexican rule.

ANY and ALL negroes who reside in the United States today due to the fact their ancestors WON THE SLAVERY LOTTERY and were RESCUED FROM AFRICA AS A RESULT, should get down on their knees daily and give THANKS to the slave traders who brought their ancestors to the USA.

52 minutes ago, slideman said:

"In 1829, when Vicente Guerrero, then president of the Republic of Mexico, issued a decree that all enslaved people were henceforth emancipated, Anglo settlers were aghast. “We are ruined forever should this measure be adopted,” wrote John Durst, a prominent landowner and politician. Stephen F. Austin replied, “I am the owner of one slave only, an old decrepit woman, not worth much, but in this matter I should feel that my constitutional rights as a Mexican were just as much infringed, as they would be if I had a thousand.”

GREAT quote from Austin.

Thanks for sharing!

15 hours ago, slideman said:

I saw a pbs documentary about florida. the spanish were a lot nicer than the english when it came to both slaves and indians. slaves would run to florida, eventually thomas jefferson signed the fugitive slave act.

On 6/10/2021 at 5:50 PM, XavierOnassis said:

The deal that American settlers agreed to for free land in  Texas was that (1) Texans would not have slaves, and (2) Texans would become devout Roman Catholics. The Mexican Constitution of 1824 banned slavery and made Roman Catholicism the state religion of Mexico. Read James Michener's novel. "Texas" for a good view of the history.

Drvoke hates Christians. He'll probably switch sides, given this information.

On 6/10/2021 at 6:10 PM, XavierOnassis said:

The Texans LOST at the Alamo.

They lucked out and caught Santa Anna asleep and hung over with the Yellow Rose of Texas, ans captured him.
The Texans failed to live up to the main terms the Mexicans gave them.

To say the Texans lost at the alamo is to ignore reality. 

The price the meskin army paid for a fort they SHOULD have ignored cost them the state. That, and the brilliant job the ever outnumbered and ever underequipped texans did at san jacinto. 

1 hour ago, jerra- said:

I saw a pbs documentary about florida. the spanish were a lot nicer than the english when it came to both slaves and indians. slaves would run to florida, eventually thomas jefferson signed the fugitive slave act.

If we can't trust a pbs doc, who CAN we trust?

I'll grant the Spanish this - they were less interested in land than they were in gold. They were not intent on settling - only dominating and plundering. So they had no need to murder off tribals for land they did not want. 

They were not so much less brutal as they were less lethal. 

6 hours ago, Common said:

If we can't trust a pbs doc, who CAN we trust?

I'll grant the Spanish this - they were less interested in land than they were in gold. They were not intent on settling - only dominating and plundering. So they had no need to murder off tribals for land they did not want. 

They were not so much less brutal as they were less lethal. 

The Spanish are responsible for the mestizo curse in the Americas.

The Brits RARELY had anything to do with injun women, but the Spaniards interbred with them with abandon, thus cursing the New World.

1 hour ago, Mirabeau said:

The Spanish are responsible for the mestizo curse in the Americas.

The Brits RARELY had anything to do with injun women, but the Spaniards interbred with them with abandon, thus cursing the New World.

The brits made it a capital crime to go native. 

On 6/11/2021 at 10:51 AM, Mirabeau said:

NOW HEAR THIS!

MESTIZOS HAVE NEVER - NOT ONCE - BUILT A MODERN, INDUSTRIALIZED SOCIETY!

THEY NEVER WILL.

THEY HAVE IQS THAT ARE TOO LOW, AND A MANANA ATTITUDE WHICH WILL FOREVER PREVENT THEM FROM ACHIEVING FIRST-WORLD STATUS.

The REAL TEXANS (ANGLOS)  were OUTNUMBERED by the mestizos under Santa Anna, and the Texans whipped the mestizos' asses all the way back across the river.

This SAVED Texas from becoming a mestizo nation.

Texans - ANGLOS - SAVED THE DAY!

Texans CLEANSED Texas of the mestizo curse.

Have you any questions?

I have only one - why did this even have to be explained to the fruit loop?

On 6/10/2021 at 4:10 PM, XavierOnassis said:

The Texans LOST at the Alamo.

They lucked out and caught Santa Anna asleep and hung over with the Yellow Rose of Texas, ans captured him.
The Texans failed to live up to the main terms the Mexicans gave them.

And Ozzy pissed on the Alamo! And will do it again!

@Taipan

8 hours ago, Common said:

To say the Texans lost at the alamo is to ignore reality. 

The price the meskin army paid for a fort they SHOULD have ignored cost them the state. That, and the brilliant job the ever outnumbered and ever underequipped texans did at san jacinto. 

Sez: Jabba the Butt!

On 6/10/2021 at 7:25 PM, Taipan said:

I have read that book.

It was excellent.

Sam Houston was portrayed as a hard drinking, fowl-mouth, barroom fighter in the S. Texas cantinas.

His nickname was "Senor Goddamn".

I read Hawaii & Centennial by Michener, also.         They made movies out of several of his books.

He was a damn good writer.                                                                          🥃.

Try Michener's 'The Source' if you can get around to it.

• Thumb up 1