Biden's ATF Pick, David Chipman, Wants To Confiscate And Ban All AR-15's...

1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

I was just going by Chipman's definition of an "assault rifle" before the Senate.

That's fine, I figured as much.  You'd think that a guy like Chipman who has been with the BATFE for decades would know a little more about guns.  Or, he intentionally misinforms people, which is really repugnant in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

They have been very popular among mass shooting here in the Miami area.

The only sport people use these for would be skeet shooting.  You can get the same thrills shooting at flies with paper clips and rubber bands.

You have to be pretty dumb to get your jollies shooting targets.

Fun and sports for,,,,morons!

Skeet shooting?    

No further comment 

Just now, Skans said:

That's fine, I figured as much.  You'd think that a guy like Chipman who has been with the BATFE for decades would know a little more about guns.  Or, he intentionally misinforms people, which is really repugnant in my opinion.

People like Chipman believe that only the Govt should have weapons.

1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

People like Chipman believe that only the Govt should have weapons.

You couldn't be more right about that.

1 hour ago, Skans said:

Who is David Chipman?  Chipman is a former ATF agent whom Biden has picked to now run the BATFE.    When questioned by Ted Cruz, Chipman said:

"With respect to the AR-15, I support a ban as has been presented in a Senate bill and supported by Joe Biden.  The AR-15 is a gun I was issued on ATF's SWAT [this is a lie, he would have been issued an M16 or M4] team and it is a particularly lethal weapon, and regulating it as other particularly lethal weapons I have advocated for."

Republicans are attempting to fight Chipman's appointment.   The NRA-ILA publicly condemned Chipman's potential appointment, describing him as an "extremist" who wants to take away "America's rifle"—meaning the AR-15.

This sounds like an OUTSTANDING person as head of BATF.

He has my support and that of the VAST VAST VAST majority of Americans when it comes to 

putting unnecessary murdering power in the hands of civilians. 

GOOD LUCK, Mr. Chipman!

2 minutes ago, Scout said:

He has my support and that of the VAST VAST VAST majority of Americans when it comes to 

GOOD LUCK, Mr. Chipman!

2nd amendment was written mainly as a means to keep government in check. Voters control government. Government does not control the people.  Unless you are on the left.  We will use guns to keep our freedom.

7 minutes ago, Scout said:

GOOD LUCK, Mr. Chipman!

The Supreme Court will corral Mr Chipman IF he is confirmed... and trust me, the "VAST VAST VAST majority" doesn't support him or his stance on gun control.

Just look at the sales numbers of firearms over the last two years.

10 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

You should come down and we could shoot skeet with an AR-15.   

I've never tried that with an AR.  Just with a couple O/U shotguns I have.  Could be fun!  Binary Trigger???

12 minutes ago, Wallco1 said:

2nd amendment was written mainly as a means to keep government in check. Voters control government. Government does not control the people.  Unless you are on the left.  We will use guns to keep our freedom.

Go right ahead and use your gun for "freedom".

Your freedom is known as tyranny to everybody who isn't mentally ill.

The 2nd Amendment was poorly written, but we know the Founders wrote gun control laws for their own society back then including laws about gun powder storage.  Sounds like they had no problems with gov't keeping society in check.

14 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

trust me, the "VAST VAST VAST majority" doesn't support him or his stance on gun control.

Trust me.....I just caught you lying again.

1 minute ago, Scout said:

Trust me.....I just caught you lying again.

Every American likes guns.  Hardly anyone likes gun-banners. 

Just now, crazyhole said:

He isn't concerned with BB guns.   

Those little things will knock a coyote out. I don't own one myself, but they are a hoot to shoot.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

Those little things will knock a coyote out. I don't own one myself, but they are a hoot to shoot.

Can't say I've ever shot one.    It's hard to believe something that small would take down anything bigger than a jackrabbit.   

16 hours ago, rippy38 said:

I just don't see the point of 17HMR.  It's about the same price as Wolf Steel cased 5.56, which will also kill a coyote.