Biden's ATF Pick, David Chipman, Wants To Confiscate And Ban All AR-15's...

Who is David Chipman?  Chipman is a former ATF agent whom Biden has picked to now run the BATFE.    When questioned by Ted Cruz, Chipman said:

"With respect to the AR-15, I support a ban as has been presented in a Senate bill and supported by Joe Biden.  The AR-15 is a gun I was issued on ATF's SWAT [this is a lie, he would have been issued an M16 or M4] team and it is a particularly lethal weapon, and regulating it as other particularly lethal weapons I have advocated for."

Republicans are attempting to fight Chipman's appointment.   The NRA-ILA publicly condemned Chipman's potential appointment, describing him as an "extremist" who wants to take away "America's rifle"—meaning the AR-15.

6 minutes ago, Skans said:

Who is David Chipman?  Chipman is a former ATF agent whom Biden has picked to now run the BATFE.    When questioned by Ted Cruz, Chipman said:

"With respect to the AR-15, I support a ban as has been presented in a Senate bill and supported by Joe Biden.  The AR-15 is a gun I was issued on ATF's SWAT [this is a lie, he would have been issued an M16 or M4] team and it is a particularly lethal weapon, and regulating it as other particularly lethal weapons I have advocated for."

Republicans are attempting to fight Chipman's appointment.   The NRA-ILA publicly condemned Chipman's potential appointment, describing him as an "extremist" who wants to take away "America's rifle"—meaning the AR-15.

When pressed to define an "assault rifle" Chipman stated that it would be any rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and fired anything above and including a .22 caliber projectile.

Yes, your Ruger 10-22 would be an "assault rifle" to this idiot.

ruger-10-22-22lr-18-5-10rd-w-flam-case-s

34 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I am not one to buy into slippery slope logic when it comes to politics. Usually, it is more an expression of irrational fear and ignorance. However, the inclusion of the AR-15 is a function of fear. That fear is not going to cease if one weapon is taken off the table. 

Well, if you don't buy into the slippery slope argument then what harm would it do to allow them to ban a single gun?  

1 minute ago, crazyhole said:

Well, if you don't buy into the slippery slope argument then what harm would it do to allow them to ban a single gun?  

Maybe I was not clear but in this case I do buy into the slippery slope argument. Fear drives the inclusion of the AR-15 and fear is not a discrete item that has set bounds (upper and lower). 

• Thumb up 1
1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

I challenge you to prove that. Knives are useful for lots if purposes besides killing people, and no one will ban knives. You sure say a lot of dumb things, Wallco.

AR's are used for fun and sporting. You are a moron

7 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

The most they will ever do is ban the sale of assault rifles. They won't confiscate any, and there are already way more than anyone needs for defense.

If they do this, all sales will then take place on the black market. Untraceable. There are millions of non-serial numbered "paper weights" out there, doing nothing because hardly anybody has any reason to do anything with them.  But, if Biden's BATFE creates a reason, then I feel certain they would be used.

777109_01_80_ar15_lower_receiver_640.jpg

4 minutes ago, Wallco1 said:

AR's are used for fun and sporting. You are a moron

They have been very popular among mass shooting here in the Miami area.

The only sport people use these for would be skeet shooting.  You can get the same thrills shooting at flies with paper clips and rubber bands.

You have to be pretty dumb to get your jollies shooting targets.

Fun and sports for,,,,morons!

5 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

They have been very popular among mass shooting here in the Miami area.

The only sport people use these for would be skeet shooting.  You can get the same thrills shooting at flies with paper clips and rubber bands.

You have to be pretty dumb to get your jollies shooting targets.

Fun and sports for,,,,morons!

You calling people "morons" is RACIST!