Is Rule By Majority Vote Really The Best Form Of Government?

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

In the 1960's I was in New Mexico. I don;t feel like a hero, but I do think that you have clearly identified yourself as a racist with that photo of a dog shitting on Obama and all the other racist remarks.

So, a picture of a dog shitting on Obama is racist?

Benson told me a long time ago that I was racist for calling Obama "Odumbo" because elephants have big ears and are from Africa.

Your above statement reminds me a lot of that.

LOL

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are the idiot who claims 53 votes in CA give them the right to control the country......your diagnosis is far more serious that merely "slow". 

It involves 100% participation of citizens  regarded as mature enough for their opinions to matter. So it has the potential of pleasing the largest number of citizens. Any alternative system woul

How many people voted for George Washington? About 43000 out of 3,000,000. 1.433% of the population. Call it what you will, it was no real democracy.\ The rights of the minorities are r

11 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

In the 1960's I was in New Mexico. I don;t feel like a hero, but I do think that you have clearly identified yourself as a racist with that photo of a dog shitting on Obama and all the other racist remarks.

The dog was just trying to assist Obama by making him not stink so much.

23 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

So, a picture of a dog shitting on Obama is racist?

Benson told me a long time ago that I was racist for calling Obama "Odumbo" because elephants have big ears and are from Africa.

Your above statement reminds me a lot of that.

LOL

Odumbo is racist, because it is calling Obama dumb. You appear to be a rather slow thinker.

3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Odumbo is racist, because it is calling Obama dumb. You appear to be a rather slow thinker.

Did you really used to teach?

No wonder our Country is in that shape it's in...

1 hour ago, TBHWT said:

I've got news for you Meat-Head. 50% of the people in this country not only are mature enough their not smart enough either. 

You included.

Most of that 50% are Trump voters who all fit into the stoooopidity crippled category of voter.

4 hours ago, Spartan said:

...And yet the Founders of this country chose to put limitations on majority rule, to protect the rights of those in the minority.  The system isn't just about "pleasing the largest number of citizens" but protecting the core rights and liberties of everyone, including the minority.

As I said several posts back.....majority rule is fine if all is constitutional.  

1 hour ago, Michaelf said:

It's built into the overreach of the federal government. When the federal government can stick it's nose into the retirement plans or healthcare plans of the individual and people in California (for example) gets to vote on it with so much clout. How many seats do they have in the House? See?

They might have 53 seats out of 438.  Now, what are you claiming they are going to do with 53 votes out of 438*?

Please explain. 

* I never can remember when Guam and Puerto Rico and WashDC, and the Virgin Isl. etc. have votes that count.  I think they can definitely vote in committee......

1 hour ago, rippy38 said:

Did you really used to teach?

No wonder our Country is in that shape it's in...

I taught Spanish, mostly, and calling Obama Odumbo is making fun of his African surname and calling him dumb.It is at least offensive, but it sounds racist as well.

I did not teach any classes in how to make or evaluate racist statements.

56 minutes ago, Scout said:

Most of that 50% are Trump voters who all fit into the stoooopidity crippled category of voter.

Notice I didn't blame the left. How did I know a stupid ASSHOLE like you would come up with that? I'll tell you, because you've been brain washed and you're a fucking idiot. Along with the rest of the AH's just like you. 

6 hours ago, Spartan said:
Nothing is more disagreeable than a majority; for it consists of a few powerful people in the lead, rogues who are adaptable, weak people who assimilate with the rest, and the crowd that trundles along behind without the slightest notion of what it’s after. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Is rule by majority vote really the best form of government? Well, I think that the answer to that depends on the people who make up the majority. If Goethe is right, and experience shows that his statement is very accurate, allowing the majority to decide how we all should live is completely asinine.

As he points out, there are a few powerful, influential people in the lead who influence those not smart enough to think for themselves, to join those who have specific agendas. Is this really what our forefathers had in mind?

If you were to poll voters in our country today, you would find that most people have very little, if any, real knowledge about the issues at hand. It takes time and effort to be informed. It takes intelligence and work to weed through all the spin and to see what is really happening behind the veil. Most people today do not take the time to really educate themselves as they should on the issues and therefore their vote is decided on little more than popularity and name recognition.

Anytime someone throws statistics at you stating that you are wrong because the polls show that 78% of people agree with this or that, you should feel proud that you are in the minority, for the minority is usually where wise men and women reside.

Excellence is of the few. Don’t be in a hurry to be included in the “majority.” Lynch mobs are always made up of the majority, but are seldom in the right. Have the courage to stand by your convictions, even if that means going against the majority, which it most likely will.

Bohdi Sanders ~ excerpt from Defensive Living: The Other Side of Self-Defense 

196530501_2028283930658673_8046422825824

If Republicans got the majority of the votes, they would all for majority rule. Since they are clearly the minority party, of course they're against majority rule. Republicans don't really care one way or another, as long as there is Republican rule.

3 minutes ago, calguy said:

If Republicans got the majority of the votes, they would all for majority rule. Since they are clearly the minority party, of course they're against majority rule. Republicans don't really care one way or another, as long as there is Republican rule.

Replace the word Republican with the word Democrat everywhere in your post, and it would be just as true.

57 minutes ago, Scout said:

They might have 53 seats out of 438.  Now, what are you claiming they are going to do with 53 votes out of 438*?

Please explain. 

* I never can remember when Guam and Puerto Rico and WashDC, and the Virgin Isl. etc. have votes that count.  I think they can definitely vote in committee......

None of them have votes that count.

3 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

Replace the word Republican with the word Democrat everywhere in your post, and it would be just as true.

It's kind of funny to think about.    When Republicans have control of everything, the biggest thing they do is get a tax cut passed.   Oh, the horror!   When democrats have control of everything, they transform the entire healthcare industry in a way that makes it more expensive for everyone.    

Which one of these is a more egregious use of power?

1 hour ago, Scout said:

So you oppose making abortion illegal?

That's like saying laws against murder are government overreach, which is exactly the kind of stupidity we've learned to expect from you

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

Odumbo is racist, because it is calling Obama dumb. 

Bullshit

Calling a person dumb has nothing to do with race

Only a racist would ascribe a racial aspect to that insult, without it already having an accompanying racial component

12 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

It's kind of funny to think about.    When Republicans have control of everything, the biggest thing they do is get a tax cut passed.   Oh, the horror!   When democrats have control of everything, they transform the entire healthcare industry in a way that makes it more expensive for everyone.    

Which one of these is a more egregious use of power?

Healthcare was costing more every year before Obamacare, It is not possible to determine that it would have risen more or less than it would have had Obama done nothing.

3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Healthcare was costing more every year before Obamacare, It is not possible to determine that it would have risen more or less than it would have had Obama done nothing.

Lol.   By that same logic it's impossible to know if the economy would have totally collapsed without the Trump tax cut.  

33 minutes ago, TBHWT said:

Notice I didn't blame the left. How did I know a stupid ASSHOLE like you would come up with that? I'll tell you, because you've been brain washed and you're a fucking idiot. Along with the rest of the AH's just like you. 

There is no anti-Trumper who does not realize the very real liimitations of the Trump voter's mind.

So it is highly unlikely you would have the ability to come up with it. 

• Fuck you! 1
10 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

That's like saying laws against murder are government overreach, which is exactly the kind of stupidity we've learned to expect from you

Notice SIX doesn't believe women should have any say so over their healthcare decision ---  he says the government should make them for women.  

And that tells us all we need to know about a typical Trump voter, eh?  

SIX wants one set of rules for himself, but another for everybody else.  

1 minute ago, Scout said:

Notice SIX doesn't believe women should have any say so over their healthcare decision ---  he says the government should make them for women.  

Wrong, I never said anything of the sort, you lying sack of shit

And that tells us all we need to know about a typical Trump voter, eh?  

Your blatant LIES tell US all we need to know about YOU. That you're a lying sack of shit.

SIX wants one set of rules for himself, but another for everybody else.  

Liar

1 hour ago, Scout said:
2 hours ago, Michaelf said:

It's built into the overreach of the federal government. When the federal government can stick it's nose into the retirement plans or healthcare plans of the individual and people in California (for example) gets to vote on it with so much clout. How many seats do they have in the House? See?

28 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

None of them have votes that count.

My point was to address MichaelF's claim that CA has so many votes, it has a majority with no other states voting.

I posted the numbers so people would grasp what a failure at math Michael is.

1 minute ago, SixShooter said:

Wrong, I never said anything of the sort, you lying sack of shit

You lying piece of shit, you sure as hell did.

My point was to address MichaelF's claim that CA has so many votes, it has a majority with no other states voting.

I posted the numbers so people would grasp what a failure at math Michael is.

Michaelf is far from the sharpest knife in the drawer.