Biden is crashing the economy just like in 2008. Somebody stop this moron.

7 minutes ago, IcebergSlim said:

We've been over this, Meathead..

Correct.

I won the debate w/ facts.

And you ran home to yo mama like a little girl.                                  😊....🥃.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Trump economy was the best economy of your lifetime (until the Grim Reaper showed up). Lowest unemployment and highest Dow Average #'s.     Thank you, Mr. Trump !!       

Thanks you stupid Democrats. You are really going to fuck us all. 

Sure.

Just now, IcebergSlim said:

Sure.

OK.   Well let's start with debt, which is the obvious one.   We all know that public debt has gone from (give or take) 10 trillion to 28 trillion since 2008.  Obviously not ideal, but if it was fueling growth then it's sustainable.   The problem is that it didn't fuel growth, and debt to GDP went from 60% to 130% and the yearly deficits continued to trend upwards because we had to maintain the deficit spending to maintain "growth".    Unironically, at the same time we had to re-index how GDP is calculated to include things like intellectual property, which is entirely unquantifiable but if an accountant says it's worth (x), you go with it because it helps the balance sheet.    This is where valuation enters into the equation, because it justifies further debt if you can just say I have "this 'thing" which is worth something and borrow against it as if it is an appreciating asset.    

Am I explaining this OK so far?

8 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

OK.   Well let's start with debt, which is the obvious one.   We all know that public debt has gone from (give or take) 10 trillion to 28 trillion since 2008.  Obviously not ideal, but if it was fueling growth then it's sustainable.   The problem is that it didn't fuel growth, and debt to GDP went from 60% to 130% and the yearly deficits continued to trend upwards because we had to maintain the deficit spending to maintain "growth".    Unironically, at the same time we had to re-index how GDP is calculated to include things like intellectual property, which is entirely unquantifiable but if an accountant says it's worth (x), you go with it because it helps the balance sheet.    This is where valuation enters into the equation, because it justifies further debt if you can just say I have "this 'thing" which is worth something and borrow against it as if it is an appreciating asset.    

If I am making 200K a year, and I owe 800K, what is my net worth?

Owing has been taboo for me personally for about the last 30 years or so. My credit score is quite possibly the lowest imaginable, by design.

Lol

1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

If I am making 200K a year, and I owe 800K, what is my net worth?

Owing has been taboo for me personally for about the last 30 years or so. My credit score is quite possibly the lowest imaginable, by design.

Lol

Net worth?   What are your assets?   Cashflow on active income doesn't really come into the equation, passive income does.    

Debt isn't necessarily a bad thing.

5 hours ago, crazyhole said:

Man, you have to know that other than the labor market and domestic energy production everything about the Trump economy was fake.   Just like under Obama and just like now under Biden.   

It depends on what you mean by 'fake'. But yes, it wasn't driven by innovation or competition and probably would have crashed without all the money printing. 

But so far, the US has been able to get away with it... and there's no reason to believe this won't continue into at least the near future.

I also do think that if the US makes its own computer tech again, it will restore some normalcy.

10 hours ago, Toldya said:

It depends on what you mean by 'fake'. But yes, it wasn't driven by innovation or competition and probably would have crashed without all the money printing. 

But so far, the US has been able to get away with it... and there's no reason to believe this won't continue into at least the near future.

I also do think that if the US makes its own computer tech again, it will restore some normalcy.

The near future may be 10 years max.   Probably closer to 5.    We are getting to the point where it would be nearly impossible to print our way out of a "crisis" because the derivative market is way too big.   Something as simple as farmland taking a 40% hit in valuation in one state would take down the entire banking system.    Keep in mind that the housing collapse was only about 5% of housing in 4 states, and we've increased derivatives by 6 times since then.    

1 minute ago, crazyhole said:

The near future may be 10 years max.   Probably closer to 5.    We are getting to the point where it would be nearly impossible to print our way out of a "crisis" because the derivative market is way too big.   Something as simple as farmland taking a 40% hit in valuation in one state would take down the entire banking system.    Keep in mind that the housing collapse was only about 5% of housing in 4 states, and we've increased derivatives by 6 times since then.    

How is that English collapse you predicted going?  I laughed and laughed. 

3 minutes ago, Dontlooknow said:

How is that English collapse you predicted going?  I laughed and laughed. 

The pound just bounced last week, thanks to the devaluing of the dollar.   It was pretty close to going the route of the Yen.   

Trump said that the brand name  "TRUMP" was worth five billion dollars.

If any of you were a banker, how much would you lend Trump in this asset?

And, more exciting, what would you do if he defaulted?

As I recall, Famous Amos  the chocolate cookie baker, sold his name to some conglomerate and was told he could no longer call himself Famous Amos.

6 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

The pound just bounced last week, thanks to the devaluing of the dollar.   It was pretty close to going the route of the Yen.   

Yeah yeah. You were claiming the economy would collapse that hasn't happened. 

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

Trump said that the brand name  "TRUMP" was worth five billion dollars.

If any of you were a banker, how much would you lend Trump in this asset?

And, more exciting, what would you do if he defaulted?

As I recall, Famous Amos  the chocolate cookie baker, sold his name to some conglomerate and was told he could no longer call himself Famous Amos.

Trump is a great example of what I'm talking about.  Was the brand worth 5 billion?   Probably not but he likely borrowed a billion against it.   Then the derivatives turned that billion into 10 billion.  

1 minute ago, crazyhole said:

Trump is a great example of what I'm talking about.  Was the brand worth 5 billion?   Probably not but he likely borrowed a billion against it.   Then the derivatives turned that billion into 10 billion.  

I'll believe the experts.

Pound sterling moves higher after volatile 2020

The pound has been considered to be undervalued in recent years as the uncertainty surrounding the impact of Brexit has limited upside and affected the trend of GBP against other currencies. Sterling started 2020 at 1.308 against the US dollar, then dropped to 1.163 in late March when the selloff across the financial markets prompted a flight to safe-haven assets such as the US dollar. 

GBP/USD rate chart

The pound had rebounded to 1.335 by late August as the growth in Covid-19 cases slowed over the summer and hopes of a Brexit deal before the December 31 deadline increased. It dropped back to 1.275 in late September as cases began rising again and Brexit negotiations encountered hurdles. The pound ended the year at 1.367 and has started 2021 in a 1.352-1.373 range. Will GBP rise further in the near term?

Analysts at Citibank noted: “In terms of drivers for GBP, resilience is being seen thanks to the successful vaccination program in the UK. Faster roll-out suggests a quicker reopening of the economy, leading to a shallower trough for GDP.”

However, poor UK services and manufacturing figures limited further gains: 

“The Services number came in at 38.8 versus expectations of 45. Although the Manufacturing number came in higher, it was still below 50, in contractionary territory. The composite figure can be a leading indicator to GDP figures. Thus, it doesn’t bode well for UK GDP in the short-term.”

Will this trend continue? Will the GBP get stronger in 2021?

On 6/10/2021 at 8:24 PM, Taipan said:

Correct.

I won the debate w/ facts.

And you ran home to yo mama like a little girl.                                  😊....🥃.

Not on this planet..

On 6/10/2021 at 8:35 PM, crazyhole said:

What do you know about valuing intellectual property?

7 minutes ago, IcebergSlim said:

Not on this planet..

What are you Dem punks going to do about that goddamn Open Border Biden Crisis ???

Trump had that border closed.

And then some shit-eating asshole opened it up again.

And why ???

What for ???                 🙄....🥃.

5 minutes ago, Taipan said:

What are you Dem punks going to do about that goddamn Open Border Biden Crisis ???

And why ???

Another imaginary problem brought to you from the folks at FuxNews.

13 minutes ago, calguy said:

Another imaginary problem brought to you from the folks at FuxNews.

Wrong-O, Buck-O !!

Not when the numbers go into the millions !!

The Dems are fucking the Statue of Liberty !!

23 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Wrong-O, Buck-O !!

Not when the numbers go into the millions !!

The Dems are fucking the Statue of Liberty !!

Millions, huh? Boy, Tucker must have given you a double dose of bullshit tonight.

57 minutes ago, Taipan said:

And why ???

I'm gonna set a honey&pumice love gel for them to apply to your puckered hole before they punch that rosebud to Guanajuato....

8 minutes ago, IcebergSlim said:

I'm gonna set a honey&pumice love gel for them to apply to your puckered hole before they punch that rosebud to Guanajuato....

I never think about that kind of stuff.

But I guess the homo's of San Francisco do.                                          🥃.

22 minutes ago, calguy said:

Millions, huh? Boy, Tucker must have given you a double dose of bullshit tonight.

Tucker, Hannity, & Ingraham are not selling their country down the river this evening.

But it sure looks to me like the Dems are.                                        🥃.