4 minutes ago, Skans said:

Dude, what's your problem?  I said the Germans and Dutch tend to speak English when conversing with one another.  They can both speak fluent English.  Still, the Dutch people I heard speaking English, did so with American (mid-western) accents.  I mistook them for Americans in a gym in Amsterdam I was going to daily. I struck up a conversation with a Dutch guy and he explained all of this to me.   He also shared a few words with me about how the Dutch feel about Germans.  Some other people there, particularly some of the older folks, expressed concern about all of the foreigners flooding into their country. 

Germans typically don't learn Dutch. However, in Holland they teach German in Dutch schools. English and German.

A tiny percentage of Germans speak English !

And I mean really few !

Prove me wrong !

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey.. If you want to defend fascism.. I'll be glad to be the fascist..     You will either wear the red shirt on Monday when it's red shirt day or I'll kill you. And what

I would not need to point out to a man of at least average intelligence that it was the allies who destroyed Germany, not fascism

Fascism can be a good thing... If you're the dictator. Peons like phillip, well, ask him how he feels after he gets slaughtered because his "pure" bloodline is one the dictator considers a threat and

It would be interesting to learn Dutch one day. It would be interesting to see how learning spoken languages differs from learning computer languages. Have given myself a crash course in SQL, R, C++, Python, and XML in just the past two years. 

30 minutes ago, Skans said:

Germans were quite savage during WWII.  Technologically advanced, yet still insanely savage.

They were just as savage as everyone else really...except the red army...nobody was as savage as them. 

But germany was behaving in a perfectly rational manner. No they didn't just want to kill people for no reason. 

All they wanted was a lebensraum extending into Ukraine and populated with ethnic Germans. 

33 minutes ago, Mirabeau said:

So, Britain and France, allies with Poland, had agreed to guarantee Poland's borders.

Hitler invaded Poland.

Are you saying that Britain and France SHOULD NOT have honored their commitments to Poland?

Well they DIDNT honor their commitment when the ussr invaded, did they? 

The uk and France did not give a damn about Poland, really. What actually happened was that Jews had bought their politicians and obviously jews wanted to destroy the Nazis.

It had nothing at all to do with the English or the French people.

50 minutes ago, Mirabeau said:

Europeans RESCUED the North American continent from PRIMITIVE, STONE-AGE SAVAGES who ate dogs, ate each other, had no written language, and enslaved, tortured and killed one another.

If not for EUROPEANS, the injuns would STILL BE LIVING IN THE STONE AGE.

This HISTORICAL FACT was brought to you by Professor Mirabeau, PHD, History

Big Tex... Certified, proven... LIAR!

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JinnMartini said:

A tiny percentage of Germans speak English !  And I mean really few !  Prove me wrong !

Fuck if I know.  I've never been to Germany.  I don't know what percentage of Germans speak English.

What I DO KNOW is that all the Germans (and there were a bunch of them according to my Dutch friend) who happened to be working out at the gym were speaking English.  I was the only American in that Gym, so I was told.   Most likely, those Germans were in Amsterdam on business as well and knew how to speak English.

34 minutes ago, JinnMartini said:

Stay out of this  BIGTEXasshole !

You'll soon be a beggar  . . .  when no one will buy your oil anymore !

You fucking retarded chickenshit !

^^^ Dementia is a terrible thing to witness.

22 minutes ago, calguy said:

Big Tex... Certified, proven... LIAR!

Don't know about Big Tex, but MIRABEAU recited the TRUTH.

Liberals hate TRUTH, because TRUTH KILLS LIBERALISM.

1 hour ago, Mirabeau said:

Europeans RESCUED the North American continent from PRIMITIVE, STONE-AGE SAVAGES who ate dogs, ate each other, had no written language, and enslaved, tortured and killed one another.

If not for EUROPEANS, the injuns would STILL BE LIVING IN THE STONE AGE.

This HISTORICAL FACT was brought to you by Professor Mirabeau, PHD, History

See my volcano thread!

27 minutes ago, PhilipIV said:

Well they DIDNT honor their commitment when the ussr invaded, did they? 

The uk and France did not give a damn about Poland, really. What actually happened was that Jews had bought their politicians and obviously jews wanted to destroy the Nazis.

It had nothing at all to do with the English or the French people.

Germany invaded Poland first.

Surely you know that.

It was in ALL the newspapers.

The British and French HONORED their commitment to Poland by declaring war on Germany.

Your fantasies about the Jews are just that.

Fantasies.

6 minutes ago, Mirabeau said:

Don't know about Big Tex, but MIRABEAU recited the TRUTH.

Liberals hate TRUTH, because TRUTH KILLS LIBERALISM.

Denying you were also known as Big Tex is yet another, verifiable lie you have told. You're nothing but a cheap passed, red neck liar.

1 minute ago, Mirabeau said:

Surely you know that.

The British and French HONORED their commitment to Poland by declaring war on Germany.

Fantasies.

Well if they cared so much about the integrity of poland borders...why didn't they declare war on the ussr when it invaded a fews days later?

And why the F would the UK care about Poland? 

You cannot explain this with your world view. None of reality makes sense unless you adopt my world view.

3 minutes ago, Mirabeau said:

Surely you know that.

Fantasies.

The Soviets went into Poland two weeks behind Germany.

I wonder why France and Britain didn't declare war on them too?

2 minutes ago, calguy said:

Denying you were also known as Big Tex is yet another, verifiable lie you have told. You're nothing but a cheap passed, red neck liar.

^^^ Angry and afraid because the TRUTH kills LIBERALISM.

Just now, rippy38 said:

Lol just said that.

Also consider this: the ussr did not become an enemy of the 'west' until after Stalin became an antisemite, in 1948

2 minutes ago, PhilipIV said:

Well if they cared so much about the integrity of poland borders...why didn't they declare war on the ussr when it invaded a fews days later?

And why the F would the UK care about Poland? 

You cannot explain this with your world view. None of reality makes sense unless you adopt my world view.

Because the USSR was REACTING to the German invasion, just as the BRITISH and FRENCH were reacting to the German invasion.

Why would Hitler care about Poland?

4 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

Because the Soviets were REACTING to the German invasion of Poland, just as the British and French were reacting to the invasion of Poland.

4 minutes ago, Mirabeau said:

Because the USSR was REACTING to the German invasion, just as the BRITISH and FRENCH were reacting to the German invasion.

Hitler explained quite clearly in mein kampf that he wanted to 1) unite ethnic Germans into one country (includes Danzig)

And 2) create a lebensraum, extending into Ukraine, which had sufficient oil and farmland to prevent Germans from being pressured by international trade (autarky)

5 minutes ago, Mirabeau said:

Also no, the ussr was not reacting. This was all planned before in the molotov-ribbit pact (some name like that sorry...can't remember the exact spelling off the top of my head lol) 

And fyi we know that British spies knew about this pact prior to the German invasion of poland.