We're Inching Towards Actual Violence Over Access to Water

4 hours ago, Mirabeau said:

When California slides off into the sea our nation will reap the solution to two problems:  Human and water.

You just revealed what a dumbass you are! Thanks!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your desired solution would be to kill millions of Americans by way of forced execution not war or starvation. 

You just revealed what a dumbass you are! Thanks!

God loves America. He put Canada on our doorstep. 

1 hour ago, JinnMartini said:

THAT is a blatant lie !

Show me where I advocated that !

You won't  . . .  cuz you can't !

If you need to resort to a lie to make a point  . . .  your point is a lie !

No, I do not have an exact quote. I distinctly recall you being in favor of such a practice in the name of population control. It was one of our first conversations. If my memory fails me and I am wrong then so be it. 

2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

If my memory fails me and I am wrong then so be it. 

So be it and so it is !

Americans  . . .  WHITE  Americans  . . .  are the chosen few !

Come what may  . . .  NOTHING   . . .   absolutely  NOTHING  will stand in the way of us being and remaining at the top of the food chain !

We White Americans are the ones who decide the fate of everyone else ! 

7 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

No problem, we’ll invade Canada. They got more freshwater than the rest of the world combined. 

Sorry, THAT border is secure

• Thumb up 1
14 hours ago, JinnMartini said:

I just can't understand why Canada is not yet the 51st state of the USA  !

It just belongs to us  . . .  that's just it !

It belongs to us?

We tried to take it over but those Canucks fight hard.

They sure love not being American, they don’t even use tge American dollar. 

20 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Nevada and Arizona are not who get the highest allotment of Colorado River water... That honors goes to Southern California. The short term solution is to have folks move to places that are not deserts with historically low water supplies. The midwest has plenty of water and housing is relatively cheap. 

IO:  Shouldn't this be OBVIOUS to people?  

I have been telling this to chatters since I started chatting

25 years ago.  All our reservoirs are full and then some here in the Flyover Zone.  

21 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Nevada and Arizona are not who get the highest allotment of Colorado River water... That honors goes to Southern California. The short term solution is to have folks move to places that are not deserts with historically low water supplies. The midwest has plenty of water and housing is relatively cheap. 

It's a misnomer that 'new deserts will appear' as the climate in the SW is normally arid...

we create the artificial oasis's and then cry foul when the system can't keep up with the abuse...

i watched a report with a hydrologist working in the LA Colorado river aqueduct...

they work under the guise that "if ONE DROP of water reaches the ocean, it's wasted..."

21 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Fuck that...

• Thumb up 1
19 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

It takes greater effort to supply water (not as accessible)  to Fresno than it does to chattanooga, TN. Humans choose to live in Fresno or wherever. Hence a rehash of what you just said. 

There's about to be a war between the states!  The states of Georgia and Tennessee over water and boundary lines.  "Georgia Plans to Invade Tennessee Over Water Dispute".  https://gawker.com/5992366/georgia-plans-to-invade-tennessee-over-water-dispute

• Thumb up 1
5 minutes ago, Skans said:

There's about to be a war between the states!  The states of Georgia and Tennessee over water and boundary lines.  "Georgia Plans to Invade Tennessee Over Water Dispute".  https://gawker.com/5992366/georgia-plans-to-invade-tennessee-over-water-dispute

States fighting over water rights happens pretty regularly.   Kansas and Nebraska have an ongoing fight over a couple of rivers.   

10 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

States fighting over water rights happens pretty regularly.   Kansas and Nebraska have an ongoing fight over a couple of rivers.   

Kansas and Nebraska - two states I've never been to.  Everyone is fighting over water, I suppose.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:31 PM, drvoke said:

Dying of thirst… – Fuel for the journey

Ignore Climate Change at your own peril. Embrace the Green New Deal before it's too late. If not, you'll choke to death on dust.

We're Inching Towards Actual Violence Over Access to Water (msn.com)

(Full article at above link)

The increasing political importance of water is reaching crisis levels. For more than eight decades, the iconic Hoover Dam has relied on water from Nevada's Lake Mead. Much of the water the dam is supposed to be holding back is gone.  Lake Mead, the nation's largest reservoir, is on track to soon hit its lowest level ever recorded. The dam is estimated to have lost a quarter of its customary hydroelectric power. Worse, the lower Colorado River, without which the country would have a lot of new deserts, is at a crisis stage, and the federal government may have to take serious action that will affect the region’s farmers. This will predictably result in Bundy-ite violence.

For the first time ever, the federal government is expected to declare a water shortage on the lower Colorado River later this summer. That will force automatic cuts to the water supply for Nevada and Arizona. Farmers are going to get about 25% less water, means we're going to have to fallow or not plant 25% of their land. This will drastically increase food prices and may lead to mass starvation.

Irrigators upriver were told in mid-May that for the first time since 1907, they would not receive any water. The irrigators say they need 400,000 acre-feet of water but this year, they will receive just 33,000 acre-feet  — a historic low. The situation has put pressure on an embattled region already caught in a cyclical mode of crisis due to a drying climate. this is all yet another crisis within the general climate crisis. We are inching closer to the days when we might see actual violence over access to water. As if we all need another excuse.

The Far Side - Gary Larson | Far side cartoons, The far side, Far side  comics

Earthquakes, massive wildfires, state wide lockdowns, & now massive drought.

Is God disappointed w/ the dirty, sinful, heathen ways of the Cali-boys ?

I don't know.

The answer to that question is above my paygrade.                  😇.....🍹.

• Thumb up 1
2 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

It belongs to us?

Yes, it does !

We tried to take it over but those Canucks fight hard.

Americans fight a lot harder than those fags.

.  .  .  they don’t even use the American dollar. 

They will  . . .  after we annex it !

1 hour ago, Skans said:

To echo what others have said... states fighting over water rights is old news. Most of the water that ends up in NV starts in CA. In the early 1900's, there were some considerable battles over this. CA wanted rights to it and should have won but they did not. 

21 hours ago, crazyhole said:

There are places in the US that you can be fined for doing it as well.   

21 hours ago, drvoke said:

That's true.

What's the logic behind that ?

41 minutes ago, JinnMartini said:

Yes, it does !

Americans fight a lot harder than those fags.

They will  . . .  after we annex it !

Then go take it. 

Canadian colonialists repelled America from their borders a few times. 

Also, Canadians fight hard for other countries. They’ve never really had a war they started. 

Talki is cheap. 

2 hours ago, ROG62 said:

It's a misnomer that 'new deserts will appear' as the climate in the SW is normally arid...

we create the artificial oasis's and then cry foul when the system can't keep up with the abuse...

i watched a report with a hydrologist working in the LA Colorado river aqueduct...

they work under the guise that "if ONE DROP of water reaches the ocean, it's wasted..."

What happens is that as new housing developments are created in these hot, dry, arid environments is that the limited surface water disappears and is used for watering lawns, growing ornamental trees (the ones that outline the neighborhood), and golf courses. Therefore, it does feel as if a new desert has been created. Instead of some scrub plants, sagebrush, etc... it is now empty dirt. 

1 minute ago, JinnMartini said:

What's the logic behind that ?

There is none.   It has to do with navigable waters but the EPA expanded that to include rainwater runoff collection.    You can dig a re-use pit but it can't collect rainwater if that rain would flow into a stream or river.     Totally bizarre.   

19 hours ago, drvoke said:

Don't kid yourself, his dad put together the deal. Dubya played his part, the stumblebum. He likes water with his whiskey.

Now we know: Pretzel that choked President Bush in '02 came from Hammond's  in Lancaster | Local News | lancasteronline.com

Well my Grandfather always said "Whiskey is for drinking, water is for fighting over".

21 hours ago, king of the county said:

Get barrels and collect rain water from your roof 

You can't do that in Colorado.   That rain water is allocated to someone down stream.  Seriously, rain barrels are illegal

• Thumb up 1
3 hours ago, Scout said:

IO:  Shouldn't this be OBVIOUS to people?  

I have been telling this to chatters since I started chatting

25 years ago.  All our reservoirs are full and then some here in the Flyover Zone.  

There is a draw to places such as Fresno, Las Vegas, Phoenix. One, extremely rare that one sees freezing temps and snow. Two, weather is fairly predictable. Hot, dry, and sunny 300 days per year. Three.. no bugs. Four, access to entertainment in town or fairly close by. So I can see why folks find it appealing. However, they are all hot and arid places that can only support so many people. Reno, for example, has an upper bound of about 750K before they would have to start tapping into reserves. 

1 hour ago, Taipan said:

Is God disappointed w/ the dirty, sinful, heathen ways of the Cali-boys ?

God  . . .  if there is one  . . .  couldn't care less about humans'  wheelings and dealings !

He'd be too busy playing marbles with the planets, comets, stars and all that shit !

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, OneGoodLiberal said:

You can't do that in Colorado.   That rain water is allocated to someone down stream.  Seriously, rain barrels are illegal

That's just sick !

It literally falls on YOUR roof !

It's YOURS !

Next your neighbor will sue you if you touch the leaves that the wind blows onto your lawn from his trees . . .  cuz they're HIS leaves !