AOC and other progressives should run as Independents

4 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

I do not identify as Democrat. 

Funny, many of you communists certainly do or is it just another lie like you calling yourself a liberal?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was a precinct committee officer for the Democratic Party and became disillusioned with them. I have come back around to the idea that working within the party is best.

If the progressives run as independents or if they split off and form a third party it is merely going to elect conservatives as it will split the left-wing vote.

No, you are just going to have to keep sucking Chuck Schumer, Jerry Nadler and Adam Schiff's's dicks.     

52 minutes ago, Skans said:

Eisenhower, seriously?  He got us into Vietnam.  Then it was Kennedy and even more so that prick Johnson who ramped up our troops in Vietnam.  Nixon actually got us out.  What exactly do you like about Eisenhower?

Nobody is perfect. 

Nixon had to get us out. The public demanded it. 

6 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Nobody is perfect. Nixon had to get us out. The public demanded it. 

Regardless of perfection, or that he actually listened to the American public, Nixon got us out of Vietnam.  Eisenhower, or his administration, lit the spark.  Kennedy escalated the conflict.  Johnson, personally, went ape-shit and blew it all out of proportion.  Nixon inherited this mess, and ultimately ended it. 

16 minutes ago, Skans said:

Regardless of perfection, or that he actually listened to the American public, Nixon got us out of Vietnam.  Eisenhower, or his administration, lit the spark.  Kennedy escalated the conflict.  Johnson, personally, went ape-shit and blew it all out of proportion.  Nixon inherited this mess, and ultimately ended it. 

Nixon started another war, the Drug War. And it’s been a disaster. 

Eisenhower did build up the country. 

8 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Nixon started another war, the Drug War. And it’s been a disaster. 

Eisenhower did build up the country. 

The Drug War is a good war and should be supported by all.  Obama and Biden threw in the towel and that is a real shame. There's just a ton of people out there now that are completely worthless due to drugs.  I even have a relative like that.  Just smokes pot, but he is completely worthless.  I'd never hire him, most people wouldn't.  I feel certain he will eventually end up in prison.

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Skans said:

The Drug War is a good war and should be supported by all.  Obama and Biden threw in the towel and that is a real shame. There's just a ton of people out there now that are completely worthless due to drugs.  I even have a relative like that.  Just smokes pot, but he is completely worthless.  I'd never hire him, most people wouldn't.  I feel certain he will eventually end up in prison.

The drug war is insane. 

It has caused overwhelming harm. 

Nothing good about it. 

Today’s drug addicts are on prescription pills. Overprescribed by drs and they’re perfectly legal. 

4 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

The drug war is insane. 

It has caused overwhelming harm. 

Nothing good about it. 

Today’s drug addicts are on prescription pills. Overprescribed by drs and they’re perfectly legal. 

Bullshit.  Today's drug addicts are addicted to marijuana, meth, crack, cocaine, Kava, fentanyl, heroine, Oxy, MDMA, in addition to loads of prescription pills that are stupidly prescribed by hack-doctors.    But, the most addictive drug and most common place is now Marijuana.  The shit is stronger than ever and it's everywhere.  Anyone who says pot is not addictive is a liar.  I've seen kids who range in age from 13 to 19 who can't function without pot.  They worship the stuff. And, people like you think this is just mighty fine.

Well, I'll tell you that it will be your kids and your grandkids who will be ass-raped by drugs.  You may or may not live to see this, but it's coming, buddy-boy, it's coming.  As far as I'm concerned, whichever technologically advanced nation is most effective at stopping drug use among its population  - they will be the rulers of the world.  And, the rest of the world will be slaves unto that nation.

2 hours ago, Skans said:

Bullshit.  Today's drug addicts are addicted to marijuana, meth, crack, cocaine, Kava, fentanyl, heroine, Oxy, MDMA, in addition to loads of prescription pills that are stupidly prescribed by hack-doctors.    But, the most addictive drug and most common place is now Marijuana.  The shit is stronger than ever and it's everywhere.  Anyone who says pot is not addictive is a liar.  I've seen kids who range in age from 13 to 19 who can't function without pot.  They worship the stuff. And, people like you think this is just mighty fine.

Well, I'll tell you that it will be your kids and your grandkids who will be ass-raped by drugs.  You may or may not live to see this, but it's coming, buddy-boy, it's coming.  As far as I'm concerned, whichever technologically advanced nation is most effective at stopping drug use among its population  - they will be the rulers of the world.  And, the rest of the world will be slaves unto that nation.

I believe pot is addictive but not like other drugs. You are more likely to quit smoking pot than other drugs. Also, pot helps when getting off more addictive drugs.m and harmful drugs.  Now, I recommend pts don’t start smoking or ingesting pot right away when detoxing off other substances. There needs to be a lengthy enough sobriety period. At least two years. 

I also recommend not abusing not abusing pot. If they have to do it daily. Limit is one per day. They can smoke or ingest a little at a time. 

Prescription pills are also an epidemic.

Um, we’ve been getting ass-raped. 

13 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

I believe pot is addictive but not like other drugs.

On that statement, we are in agreement.

You are more likely to quit smoking pot than other drugs. Also, pot helps when getting off more addictive drugs.m and harmful drugs.  

Perhaps.  I'm skeptical, because other drugs alter the brain chemistry and I don't see how marijuana chemically modifies that.

Now, I recommend pts don’t start smoking or ingesting pot right away when detoxing off other substances. There needs to be a lengthy enough sobriety period. At least two years. 

That could make sense.  However, I see profound differences between those who use marijuana and those who live a drug-free life.   Even in older adults who had rarely if ever used marijuana and then start using it, I've seen where personalities, drive (especially drive) and attitudes have changed from the regular use of marijuana. 

I also recommend not abusing not abusing pot. If they have to do it daily. Limit is one per day. They can smoke or ingest a little at a time. 

I'm not even sure if I'd consider this recreational use.  What you are describing is trying to get someone addicted to meth, crack, fentanyl, etc. into a less destructive life.

Yes they are.  However, for the most part I have seen where ethical doctors are quite careful not over-prescribe opioids. Even the over-use of non-prescription drugs, like Ibuprofen etc.  is epidemic.

No disagreement there either.  

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

I believe pot is addictive but not like other drugs. You are more likely to quit smoking pot than other drugs. Also, pot helps when getting off more addictive drugs.m and harmful drugs.  Now, I recommend pts don’t start smoking or ingesting pot right away when detoxing off other substances. There needs to be a lengthy enough sobriety period. At least two years. 

I think that marijuana is addictive in the sense that users enjoy being high. It is not physically addictive as are Oxycontin, other opiates and cocaine.

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

I think that marijuana is addictive in the sense that users enjoy being high. It is not physically addictive as are Oxycontin, other opiates and cocaine.

Yes. I mention that pot is addictive but not like other drugs and it is easier to get off marijuana that other more harmful and stronger drugs. 

Pot can easily be abused bcuz it is habit-forming and part of a routine. 

Why should AOC or the other squad members desert the party?   We're a big enough party that we can encompass all viewpoints and opinions.   It's better than being so right wing that you think only trump can speak for the party.   This is why the Democratic Party will continue to win elections.