‘We Won’t Miss You’: Dead Confederate Klan Leader Being Dug Up and Evicted From Memphis Park

2 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

Unless the cancel culture gets to it first.

Cancel culture is as American as apple pie. 

You’re just mad that it’s focused in your direction at this point in our history. 

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

Not likely.

That's exactly what is happening.   Instead of being a relatively benign figure in a park that few people really care about, they're moving it to essentially a place of worship.  

Why did they throw the body of OBL overboard instead of bringing it back and burying him?    Same concept.  

3 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Floyd is still less of a scumbag than Nathan Bedford Forrest. 

Floyd never committed treason against his country. He also didn’t found a murderous organization. 

Next to Nathan Bedford Forrest, George Floyd is a hero. 

Forrest denounced the KKK, regretted ever forming it, and even tried to dismantle it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/general-nathan-bedford-fo_b_7734444

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Ok. Thanks. 

Does it say this on his memorial?

He still led a massacre and he’s still a traitor. 

And George Floyd was a drug addled convicted felon that robbed and assaulted a pregnant woman... among other things.

Does it say that on his memorial?

It just depends on if you want to focus on the negative, or the positive.

• Thumb up 2
3 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

And George Floyd was a drug addled convicted felon that robbed and assaulted a pregnant woman... among other things.

Lies. 

Nothing in the police report states the woman was pregnant. 

Floyd never assaulted her. That was another guy. 

i believe they were looking for drugs and money in a known drug den?

Besides, Floyd paid his debt to society with prison time. Forrest wasn’t held accountable for his deeds. 

20 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Lies. 

Nothing in the police report states the woman was pregnant. 

Floyd never assaulted her. That was another guy. 

i believe they were looking for drugs and money in a known drug den?

Besides, Floyd paid his debt to society with prison time. Forrest wasn’t held accountable for his deeds. 

This is certainly worthy of mention.

George Floyd, a man innocent of any serious crime, was murdered by a cruel policeman in public with the help of police accomplices. It is the manner of his murder, not Floyd's life, that is the important detail.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Cancel culture is as American as apple pie. 

You’re just mad that it’s focused in your direction at this point in our history. 

You mean because I'm white?

What, are you racist or something?

3 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

You mean because I'm white?

What, are you racist or something?

No. 

im only pointing out why you’re so outraged by cancel culture right now. Bcuz it affects you when it never did before. 

2 hours ago, drvoke said:

Memphis Fights to Remove Statue of Confederate War Criminal

The Woke mob is now digging up corpses. 

They should just cut to the chase and raze the Washington and Jefferson Memorials to the ground.

‘We Won’t Miss You’: Dead Confederate Klan Leader Being Dug Up and Evicted From Memphis Park (msn.com)

(Full article at above link)

The dead body of Confederate General and Ku Klux Klan leader Nathan Bedford Forrest is being dug up and ejected from a Memphis park that will host a Juneteenth celebration in two weeks.

The remains are being dug up by workers hired by the Sons of Confederate Veterans who promote a revisionist view of the Civil War.

The excavation may take several weeks , but even if the process is not completed by June 19, the Juneteenth celebration will take place at the park.

“Having him there was like having him dance on our graves, the graves of our ancestors,” she said. “You can go quietly. We won’t miss you.”

The exhumation follows years of protests at the site, decades of demands from the city’s Black residents to remove the statue and the remains, and numerous court fights over what should happen to the burial site.

Forrest’s dead remains and a statue will be moved to the National Confederate Museum, some 200 miles away in Tennessee.

There is one huge problem with naming your child after Forrest Gump |  indy100 | indy100

He was one of my ancestors, by the way

2 hours ago, drvoke said:

The dead body of Confederate General and Ku Klux Klan leader Nathan Bedford Forrest is being dug up and ejected from a Memphis park that will host a Juneteenth celebration in two weeks.

Have you ever been to Memphis ?  The remains of Nathan Bedford Forrest...is the least the citizens there have to worry about.

BTW: Forrest who found the Klan...left it because the members started getting goofy.

image.jpeg.202cd03e97c23147300e6c8f78a54dd9.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

No. 

im only pointing out why you’re so outraged by cancel culture right now. Bcuz it affects you when it never did before. 

Cancel Culture is nothing more than an amped up version of political correctness... and I have always been against political correctness.

In my late teens I was a long haired stoner playing in a garage rock band... in the Bible Belt, during the late 70's and early 80's

I am very used to being an outcast and it doesn't bother me in the least.

Lol

1 hour ago, Old Mack said:

Have you ever been to Memphis ?  The remains of Nathan Bedford Forrest...is the least the citizens there have to worry about.

True.

1 hour ago, Old Mack said:

BTW: Forrest who found the Klan...left it because the members started getting goofy.

I'm not up on my Klan history. I'm sure you could teach me quite a bit about it.

1 hour ago, PhilipIV said:

He was one of my ancestors, by the way

1 hour ago, rippy38 said:

fgump.jpg?width=1200

Life is like a box of Godiva chocolates owned by Belgian Jews.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, rippy38 said:

The desperate shill real corn is Furious

Just now, drvoke said:

I'm not up on my Klan history. I'm sure you could teach me quite a bit about it.

It is pretty simple...Forest started it as a fraternal ORG to honor the Confederated dead.   (Which is why the wear white sheets.)

As it grew....some of the members became more militant and since all he wanted to do was hang out with fellow VETs...he left them. 

Can't remember BUT I think there was one particular incident that some Negro did something FKd up and the Kers were all sitting around drunk and somebody said lets go get him and it was all down hill from there.

My buddie Denis Kelly who worked for the US Park Service as a Guide and Historian / Researcher use to detail all this stuff for me.

He died in JAN 21 and as far as the Civil War is concern...I am lost without him.  He killed a sniper in combat and never told me about it.