Cortez will not accept gofundme money donated for her abuela

On June 2nd, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez reported to Twitter  that her dear abuela has fallen ill and continues to live in squalid conditions since her home was ravaged by Hurricane María. 

One cannot be certain of the cost to repair grandma’s house, but surely most of the work could be completed for the price of AOC’s shiny Tesla Model 3.

As AOC pointed out  to us, we "don’t even have a concept for the role that [incredibly successful children of two American citizens…] play in their families," but clearly caring for their own grandparent isn’t part of it.

Says the congresswoman, “…instead of only caring for [my own grandmother] & letting others suffer, I’m calling attention to the systemic injustices…”

No, seriously. She really said that. 

Sadly, virtue-signaling isn’t going to fix abuela’s roof. So we are. 

Let’s all kick in to help save AOC’s abuela’s ancestral home. Any amount is appreciated, but the cost of a monthly lease payment on that Tesla is around $499… 

All proceeds will be donated to abuela, if she will accept them.

57560295_1622821754640308_r.jpeg
57560295_162282177080255_r.jpeg
Read more

Updates (1)

TODAYby Matt WalshOrganizer
UPDATE: “Someone” in AOC’s abuela’s family told GoFundMe that she won't take our money, even though AOC previously claimed that her grandma was in dire straits (and it was Trump’s fault). AOC still hasn’t acknowledged this effort or thanked us. Instead, she seems to think that it is worth $104,153 of her abuela's money to express that doesn't want money from the likes of us. Abuela could have accepted the money and donated it to charity, but it seems AOC preferred to insult the 5.800 people who donated.

GoFundMe is issuing a refund and assures us that 100% of every donation will be refunded within 3-7 business days. The email from GoFundMe is copied below.

Tragically this charitable effort has been sabotaged by forces outside of our control. Still I’m grateful for the outpouring of support for Abuela, even if AOC isn’t. But questions remain: Why didn’t AOC help her own abuela? Why was our help turned down? We are left to speculate.

In the end, our campaign raised 100 thousand dollars and could have solved a problem in ten hours that AOC couldn’t solve in four years. We can all be proud of that. As for Abuela, all we can do now is pray.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought you leftists didn't like "whataboutisms"?

ANY UPDATE ?            

Isn't Cortez a Spanish name associated with rapine and plunder?   I smell privilege in the Cortez family. I smell guilt. And GILT.   Just how is it that Abuela has such a nice home

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, king of the county said:
On June 2nd, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez reported to Twitter  that her dear abuela has fallen ill and continues to live in squalid conditions since her home was ravaged by Hurricane María. 

One cannot be certain of the cost to repair grandma’s house, but surely most of the work could be completed for the price of AOC’s shiny Tesla Model 3.

As AOC pointed out  to us, we "don’t even have a concept for the role that [incredibly successful children of two American citizens…] play in their families," but clearly caring for their own grandparent isn’t part of it.

Says the congresswoman, “…instead of only caring for [my own grandmother] & letting others suffer, I’m calling attention to the systemic injustices…”

No, seriously. She really said that. 

Sadly, virtue-signaling isn’t going to fix abuela’s roof. So we are. 

Let’s all kick in to help save AOC’s abuela’s ancestral home. Any amount is appreciated, but the cost of a monthly lease payment on that Tesla is around $499… 

All proceeds will be donated to abuela, if she will accept them.

57560295_1622821754640308_r.jpeg
57560295_162282177080255_r.jpeg
Read more

Updates (1)

TODAYby Matt WalshOrganizer
UPDATE: “Someone” in AOC’s abuela’s family told GoFundMe that she won't take our money, even though AOC previously claimed that her grandma was in dire straits (and it was Trump’s fault). AOC still hasn’t acknowledged this effort or thanked us. Instead, she seems to think that it is worth $104,153 of her abuela's money to express that doesn't want money from the likes of us. Abuela could have accepted the money and donated it to charity, but it seems AOC preferred to insult the 5.800 people who donated.

GoFundMe is issuing a refund and assures us that 100% of every donation will be refunded within 3-7 business days. The email from GoFundMe is copied below.

Tragically this charitable effort has been sabotaged by forces outside of our control. Still I’m grateful for the outpouring of support for Abuela, even if AOC isn’t. But questions remain: Why didn’t AOC help her own abuela? Why was our help turned down? We are left to speculate.

In the end, our campaign raised 100 thousand dollars and could have solved a problem in ten hours that AOC couldn’t solve in four years. We can all be proud of that. As for Abuela, all we can do now is pray.

Rule 1d king.

If this deliberately annoying creep wants to send money to AOC's grandmother, it is not necessary for AOC to accept the money.

AOC wants to represent her constituents. 

Trump said that he had a healthcare plan that would cover everyone and be cheaper than Obamacare. So why doesn't use his own money to make up the difference? 

2 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

If this deliberately annoying creep wants to send money to AOC's grandmother, it is not necessary for AOC to accept the money.

Trump said that he had a healthcare plan that would cover everyone and be cheaper than Obamacare. So why doesn't use his own money to make up the difference? 

I thought you leftists didn't like "whataboutisms"?

• Thumb up 1
3 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Better wrap that ankle up and ice your knee to keep the swelling down. 

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

You're a hack !

2 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Abuela won’t accept the money either.   Why doesn’t she accept it then donate it to a charity?

24 minutes ago, king of the county said:

Abuela won’t accept the money either.   Why doesn’t she accept it then donate it to a charity?

Because AOC will get more look at me miles out of the deal by not accepting it.

c3a3cc394b133edc6d7bbe3a66843fbf.jpg

2 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

AOC wants her bubba to suffer so she can blame Trump...or, more likely, her entire story is bullshit and she doesn't want to be publicly found out.

Isn't Cortez a Spanish name associated with rapine and plunder?

I smell privilege in the Cortez family. I smell guilt. And GILT.

Just how is it that Abuela has such a nice home in the first place? On whose back did THAT happen?

• IDIOT! 1
On 6/5/2021 at 4:45 PM, XavierOnassis said:

AOC is a LYING CUNT and you know it!!!

And why you SHITSTAINS defend her in her LIES, it's pretty damn sad state of affairs.

SHE TOLD THE WORLD that her "granny" was in dire straits and GOOD PEOPLE stepped up to help her.

So NOW, she can't accept it why???

Oh, that's right, it would mean AOC was a FUCKING HYPOCRITE to not play POLITICS WITH REAL PEOPLE'S GENEROSITY and you fucking ASSWIPES JUST CHEER IT!!!

GO FUCK YOUR HYPOCRITICAL SELF, SHITSTAIN!!!

On 6/5/2021 at 2:29 PM, rippy38 said:

Rule 1d king.

I read it all and was glad I didn't have to click a link

The wild West is the rule now

Fuck 1d

R1e61378596780081a370b4bae17ee9d8?rik=4P