Trumpist motherfuckers don't give a shit about democracy

41 minutes ago, slideman said:

You assholes are killing my country

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/trump-s-stranglehold-gop-death-trap-american-democracy-n1268314

The fracture within the Republican Party is not the biggest issue in American politics today. But it is significant in highlighting what is: the battle to preserve, protect and defend American democracy. From voting rights, the Constitution and the rule of law to the once-lauded choice of principle over partisanship, character over corruption and country over party, we have witnessed the Republican Party — my party — quietly approve of or outright participate in the systematic deconstruction of the legitimacy of our republic."

Trump's stranglehold on the GOP is a death trap for American democracy

Even Biden thinks the right to vote isn't absolute and has said as much.  Liberals just need to accept restrictions and stop thinking they are unconstitutional.

49 minutes ago, slideman said:

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/trump-s-stranglehold-gop-death-trap-american-democracy-n1268314

The fracture within the Republican Party is not the biggest issue in American politics today. But it is significant in highlighting what is: the battle to preserve, protect and defend American democracy. From voting rights, the Constitution and the rule of law to the once-lauded choice of principle over partisanship, character over corruption and country over party, we have witnessed the Republican Party — my party — quietly approve of or outright participate in the systematic deconstruction of the legitimacy of our republic."

You've been holding that in for over a week now... let it out man!

Tell us how you really feel!

Lol

56 minutes ago, slideman said:

Was life under a Trump presidency really that bad?  Didn't seem much different than it ever was to me.   

6 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

Was life under a Trump presidency really that bad?  Didn't seem much different than it ever was to me.   

They think it was awful because that is what the MSM kept drilling into their heads.

Sheep are easily manipulated that way.

What’s different this time is the acquiescence of Republican elites. The Big Lie about the election didn’t well up from the grass roots — it was promoted from above, initially by Trump himself, but what’s crucial is that almost no prominent Republican politicians have been willing to contradict his claims and many have rushed to back them up.

Professional Democrats had to negotiate their way among sometimes competing demands from various constituencies. All Republicans had to do was follow the party line. Loyalty would be rewarded with safe seats, and should a Republican in good standing somehow happen to lose an election, support from billionaires meant that there was a safety net — “wing nut welfare” — in the form of chairs at lavishly funded right-wing think tanks, gigs at Fox News and so on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/24/opin ... yalty.html

1 hour ago, slideman said:

I think the left is generally jealous of the unity and unwavering support we have towards trump. 
the lefts motto has always been “anyone but trump” 

words of whores 

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, crazyhole said:

You were in a coma for 4 years!

• IDIOT! 1
4 minutes ago, nuckin futz said:

You were in a coma for 4 years!

Lol.   No, I just realize that regardless of who is in charge, things rarely are much different than they ever were.   

32 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

I think the left is generally jealous of the unity and unwavering support we have towards trump. 

words of whores 

You notice how the narrative from the left is always "Trump is/has destroying the Country!" yet they almost never elaborate as to how he is doing it?

It's a lot like what a talking parrot does. It does very well at repeating what it has been taught to say, but has no idea what it's saying actually means.

Lol

2 hours ago, slideman said:

Of course Trumpkins don't give a shit about democracy. That's cause one man, one vote will leave em in the dust

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

You notice how the narrative from the left is always "Trump is/has destroying the Country!" yet they almost never elaborate as to how he is doing it?

It's a lot like what a talking parrot does. It does very well at repeating what it has been taught to say, but has no idea what it's saying actually means.

Lol

What Republicans are saying is than no matter what Trump does, they support it. No matter what their constituents want them to do, they will comply with what Trump wants done.

Trump is damaging the country by claiming that he WON an election in reality but Biden "stole" it in some unspecified way, and that the democratic process only works if Trump wins.

• Thumb up 1
4 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

What Republicans are saying is than no matter what Trump does, they support it. No matter what their constituents want them to do, they will comply with what Trump wants done.

Trump is damaging the country by claiming that he WON an election in reality but Biden "stole" it in some unspecified way, and that the democratic process only works if Trump wins.

You are describing the Democrat part mindset.

No matter what Biden does, the Dems support it.

You are a prime example of this. By your replies on this board, Biden and the Dems can do no wrong.

2 hours ago, slideman said:

Good to have you back, slidequeer!

Each evening Mirabeau posts on the wall of his exclusive private club samples of how crazy liberals are, much to the enjoyment of the club members.

Your posts, of course, are prominently featured, but you have posted little of late.

Thanks for getting back and allowing Mirabeau to once more provide the members of his club all the evidence one needs proving that liberals are ignorant, cowardly, hate-filled, perverted, filthy, traitorous and demented!

2 minutes ago, Mirabeau said:

Good to have you back, slidequeer!

Each evening Mirabeau posts on the wall of his exclusive private club samples of how crazy liberals are, much to the enjoyment of the club members.

Your posts, of course, are prominently featured, but you have posted little of late.

Thanks for getting back and allowing Mirabeau to once more provide the members of his club all the evidence one needs proving that liberals are ignorant, cowardly, hate-filled, perverted, filthy, traitorous and demented!

The sodomite Mirabeau is obsessed with Slideman

1 hour ago, Imgreatagain said:

words of whores 

I think it is  stupid, now it is bordering on dangerous.

1 hour ago, rippy38 said:

Lol

by forbidding free speech.

46 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

Like banning people you disagree with from social media platforms?

. trump was on for a long time.  after 1-6 fb reviewed his posts and banned him.

• Like 1