Jesus and John Wayne: How White Evangelicals Corrupted a Faith and Fractured a Nation.

Jesus and John Wayne: How White Evangelicals Corrupted a Faith and Fractured a Nation.

ArgxFNx.jpg
JESUS AND JOHN WAYNE: How White Evangelicals Corrupted a Faith and Fractured a Nation, by Kristin Kobes du Mez

"It is impossible to do justice to the richness of “Jesus and John Wayne” in a short review, but one of the key points the book stresses is that as Christian nationalists, the vast majority of white evangelicals believe that our country’s flourishing depends on aggressive male leadership. The pervasive abusive patterns of white evangelical subculture replicate themselves on a large social scale in the Christian Right’s politics. Since understanding this will be crucial if Americans are to have a functional democratic future, “Jesus and John Wayne” is a book that America needs now. I hope it will be widely read."https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06/17/arts/jesus-john-wayne-untangles-gender-messages-white-evangelical-circles/
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus and John Wayne: How White Evangelicals Corrupted a Faith and Fractured a Nation. JESUS AND JOHN WAYNE: How White Evangelicals Corrupted a Faith and Fractured a Nation, by Kristin Kobes d

I knew I would get a rise out of some right wing loonie if I wrote that. You're to easy to bait. lol

I think it's hilarious that you took my bait. Slurp it up.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, calguy said:

JESUS AND JOHN WAYNE: How White Evangelicals Corrupted a Faith and Fractured a Nation, by Kristin Kobes du Mez  "It is impossible to do justice to the richness of “Jesus and John Wayne” in a short review, but one of the key points the book stresses is that as Christian nationalists, the vast majority of white evangelicals believe that our country’s flourishing depends on aggressive male leadership. The pervasive abusive patterns of white evangelical subculture replicate themselves on a large social scale in the Christian Right’s politics. Since understanding this will be crucial if Americans are to have a functional democratic future, “Jesus and John Wayne” is a book that America needs now. I hope it will be widely read."https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06/17/arts/jesus-john-wayne-untangles-gender-messages-white-evangelical-circles/

OH!  This sounds VERY interesting!  I am trying to decide between audio, print, or Kindle....

@calguy

THIS article was scary to me re the need for those while evangelicals to have a MALE led society.  

Can you imagine if this nation were led by a bunch of Trump voters?    

2 hours ago, Scout said:

@calguy

THIS article was scary to me re the need for those while evangelicals to have a MALE led society.  

We already saw what happens when trump stole the election in '16. We must not let that happen again.

2 hours ago, Skans said:

She looks like a real bitch-face, atheist femanazi.  

kristin-kobes-du-mez-autora-do-livro-jes

She looks a hell of a lot smarter than you, Foreskans.

1 minute ago, calguy said:

We already saw what happens when trump stole the election in '16. We must not let that happen again.

Lol!

Yeah, because on Republicans can steal elections... Dems are always voted in fair and square.

Too damn funny!

2 minutes ago, calguy said:

She looks a hell of a lot smarter than you, Foreskans.

How can somebody "look" smart?

Is it the glasses?

The high cheekbones?

Maybe because she's white?

Please explain...

1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

Lol!

Yeah, because on Republicans can steal elections... Dems are always voted in fair and square.

Too damn funny!

I knew I would get a rise out of some right wing loonie if I wrote that. You're to easy to bait. lol

• Haha 1
  • IDIOT! 1
2 minutes ago, rippy38 said:

How can somebody "look" smart?

Is it the glasses?

The high cheekbones?

Maybe because she's white?

Please explain...

Have you seen her naked?

Just now, calguy said:

I just think it's hilarious that every time a Republican has won the WH since 2000, it's because they "stole" it, but the Dems always win because they are wildly popular and the election was fair and honest.

Just now, rippy38 said:

I just think it's hilarious that every time a Republican has won the WH since 2000, it's because they "stole" it, but the Dems always win because they are wildly popular and the election was fair and honest.

• Fuck you! 1

Have you seen her naked?

Would naked make her "look" smart?

Face down ass up could be fun, but it still doesn't speak to her intelligence.

😎

Just now, rippy38 said:

Would naked make her "look" smart?

Face down ass up could be fun, but it still doesn't speak to her intelligence.

😎

Just asking'.

Just now, calguy said:

I might tuck the post away for the next time you call a righty a "nutjob" for claiming the 2020 election was stolen.

I could be good for a laugh at some point.

Just now, rippy38 said:

I might tuck the post away for the next time you call a righty a "nutjob" for claiming the 2020 election was stolen.

I could be good for a laugh at some point.

Go ahead. You won't remember it.

• Haha 1

Go ahead. You won't remember it.

All I have to do is follow the thread and I can pull it right up... even weeks from now.

1 minute ago, rippy38 said:

All I have to do is follow the thread and I can pull it right up... even weeks from now.

Go for it. Like I care?

• MORON! 1
2 hours ago, rippy38 said:

Correct.   

• Fuck you! 1
5 hours ago, Scout said:

@calguy

89AC5A14-298A-4E43-930D-7F647F87AA43.jpeg.53653db1c068ac5d900696aeb73915bf.jpeg

2 hours ago, Old Mack said:

Prairie Negro's had the country for thousands of years and what did they do with it ?

99a399ed4c4b9f96f19fec68a3c896cf.jpg

They lived in harmony with nature, that's what!

21 minutes ago, drvoke said:

They lived in harmony with nature, that's what!

And in the mean time....they killed each other; day in and day out.

BTW: drjoke...do you live in a bubble ?

13 minutes ago, Old Mack said:

And in the mean time....they killed each other; day in and day out.

BTW: drjoke...do you live in a bubble ?

Loserthink Book Review: Should You Relearn How To Think? Scott Adams  Provides His Take - Master Influencer Magazine

^^^

Read it.

I don't do bubbles. I sample the news from both sides of the aisle. I can't say they same for a lot of NHB members given their posts.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, drvoke said:

I don't do bubbles. I sample the news from both sides of the aisle. I can't say they same for a lot of NHB members given their posts.

Do you have a cell phone ?

I read at some conservative site that materials that go into the batteries is minded by barefoot kids in Africa.

Do you know if that is true ?

Is it true that your computer and key board are made from petroleum ?