A great article about coffee

Just now, impartialobserver said:

Are you a snob if you simply like fancier varietals but do not care what someone else consumes? I like my strong ales (10% or more) but if you like Bud Light, have at it. 

Just shut up and drink, Don't tell me about what you know.

4 minutes ago, Wallco1 said:

I hate people who think they are connoisseurs of coffee, wine, craft beer or anything else. Snobs. 

Is there anybody you don't hate?

Just now, Wallco1 said:

I like coffee too. I don't feel the need to describe everything about it. 

That's cause you're weird

5 hours ago, Pastafarian said:

No such thing. 

The English have no taste buds. 

English cooking sucks. 

Actually, traditional English cooking tended to be bland. That explains why Indian and Jamaican curry restaurants are popular in the UK.

I visited England and stayed in London, Manchester, York and Rochdale, a small town in Yorkshire from where an ancestor left in 1830. The Fish and chips were great.  Shepherd's pie was good and so was Yorkshire pudding. Bangers and mash and spotted dick did not impress me.

On 5/6/2021 at 12:49 PM, XavierOnassis said:

A great article about coffee

Just think exman...if I was a dickhead ultraliberals I'd be saying something like this belongs in the free rom since it is not political in nature.

exman....did I ever tell you: ultraliberals are not happy unless they are obsessing about something. 

14 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Actually, traditional English cooking tended to be bland. That explains why Indian and Jamaican curry restaurants are popular in the UK.

I visited England and stayed in London, Manchester, York and Rochdale, a small town in Yorkshire from where an ancestor left in 1830. The Fish and chips were great.  Shepherd's pie was good and so was Yorkshire pudding. Bangers and mash and spotted dick did not impress me.

I wonder why spotted  dick is sold in American supermarkets.

And marmite.

14 hours ago, XavierOnassis said:

Seriously . You remind me of Cliff from the show ‘Cheers’ 

2 hours ago, Old Mack said:

Just think exman...if I was a dickhead ultraliberals I'd be saying something like this belongs in the free rom since it is not political in nature.

exman....did I ever tell you: ultraliberals are not happy unless they are obsessing about something. 

Says a dude obsessed with misdeeds of only Black people.

1 hour ago, Imgreatagain said:

Seriously . You remind me of Cliff from the show ‘Cheers’ 

All I did here was simply express my personal opinion about English food.

You seem to me to be just another ignorant Trumpster.

24 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

All I did here was simply express my personal opinion about English food.

You seem to me to be just another ignorant Trumpster.

And all I did was make a joke . 

It was actually an insult, and not particularly funny.

The article on coffee I found to be fascinating. \

It merits far more profound discussion than what it has received.

I attribute this to a lack of intellectual curiousity of members of this forum, who are quite low of brow, know little of history and have no desire to ever be smart.

2 hours ago, Famagusta said:

I wonder why spotted  dick is sold in American supermarkets.

And marmite.

Of course, all foods appeal to at least some people. What I taste is not necessarily what you taste.  The same applies to music, fiction, films and many other things. It is a matter of taste involved, and tastes will vary.

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

Of course, all foods appeal to at least some people. What I taste is not necessarily what you taste.  The same applies to music, fiction, films and many other things. It is a matter of taste involved, and tastes will vary.

I tried spotted dick only because of the silly name and to get a laugh from by wife and mother who I was visiting England with. Perhaps a different chef might prepare it as a tastier dish.

2 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

What I taste is not necessarily what you taste ... mostly because I like to taste dick ...

Yeah, definitely not what I taste ...

2 hours ago, whiteboy said:

Yeah, definitely not what I taste ...

"dick" is the German word for "fat".

Spotted dick is made with beet fat, or suet.

It is a dessert, made with raisins or currents.

https://www.istockphoto.com/photos/spotted-dick

The dick in "spotted dick"  predates the slang usage of the word "dick" in American English.