A great article about coffee

Jackassical dunces do not even know our own country.

American coffee is grown  in Hawaii, PR and the Virgin Islands.

Even Guam grows its own coffee.

23 minutes ago, Skans said:

American coffee?  Do they grow that in Nevada or New York?

The article is about the history of coffee and how it has changed the entire world.

It is not about contemporary American politics.

Coffee is responsible for the development of world commerce,  shipping,  revolution, and democracy as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

The article is about the history of coffee and how it has changed the entire world.

Coffee is responsible for the development of world commerce,  shipping,  revolution, and democracy as well.

I'll give you Hawaii, but PR is not America and neither is the Virgin Islands. These land masses are simply territories for the US Military to use as bombing ranges.

• Fuck you! 1

23 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Puerto Rico......

vieques2_story.jpg?fit=800,527&ssl=1

9 minutes ago, Skans said:

I'll give you Hawaii, but PR is not America and neither is the Virgin Islands. These land masses are simply territories for the US Military to use as bombing ranges.

You need a foreskans restoration kit

31 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Puerto Rican beans are not very good.   I can't remember why exactly but it has something to do with low acidity in the soil, and they try to pass off robusta beans as being Arabica.  

5 minutes ago, Famagusta said:

Depends on your personal tastebuds. And the way it is brewed.

I'd say the roast has more to do with it than how it's brewed.    A single origin Hawaiian kona roasted to first crack is phenomenal and almost chocolatey.    Do the same roast with an Ethiopian yrgicheffe and it tastes like dirt, but roast it to a 2nd crack and it's pretty damn good.   My personal favorite is a Papua new guinea bean roasted to full-city.    Way more caffeine than I need but damn that stuff is delicious.   

5 hours ago, Imgreatagain said:

False. They do cuisine best 

I'm sure there are excellent cuisine and coffee in every country, just more in some countries than others, France has more great chefs, percentage-wise.

5 hours ago, crazyhole said:

Puerto Rican beans are not very good.   I can't remember why exactly but it has something to do with low acidity in the soil, and they try to pass off robusta beans as being Arabica.  

Arabica does not grow well everywhere. Robusta is a heartier plant. Coffee has changed the world. This article tells you how.

6 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

Arabica does not grow well everywhere. Robusta is a heartier plant. Coffee has changed the world. This article tells you how.

I know that you want to talk about how coffee changed the world, but its a pretty boring topic for most people.    On the other hand, there are a lot of people that like talking about coffee as something you drink.   Just go with that.  

Just now, crazyhole said:

I know that you want to talk about how coffee changed the world, but its a pretty boring topic for most people.    On the other hand, there are a lot of people that like talking about coffee as something you drink.   Just go with that.  

I enjoy topics like this.  A Break from the battlefield . 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Wallco1 said:

I hate people who think they are connoisseurs of coffee, wine, craft beer or anything else. Snobs. 

Are you a snob if you simply like fancier varietals but do not care what someone else consumes? I like my strong ales (10% or more) but if you like Bud Light, have at it.