The GOP's devotion to trump threatens to destroy American democracy

2 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Young grasshopper. I will be the lampshade on your head 

xoxo 

Quiet. Let me enjoy my moment. I have been hoping for this moment for years

2 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

Bullshit!!!!!!

Because they are not lies or conspiracies.

You face the facts ....

You and your party have made enemies of over half the nation...

And if you won't now...

You surely will in 2022....

You fucking brainwashed idiot.

again... when did over half the nation hire you as their spokesperson?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, maineman said:

I disagree that anything is contrary to the Constitution until SCOTUS says so.  I'm not a constitutional scholar and I don't believe that anyone on this site is either.  That being said, we're all jailhouse lawyers, so to speak, and none of our opinions are worth the paper they're written on.

You mean rhe SCOTUS who will always side with the DC establishment and acted like cowards....

That SCOTUS....

LMAO.

1 minute ago, Whitemajikman said:

You mean rhe SCOTUS who will always side with the DC establishment and acted like cowards....

That SCOTUS....

LMAO.

no....the other one.

Just now, Whitemajikman said:

When did you start ignoring them....you fucking fraud.

I don't ignore anyone... and I certainly would NEVER claim to speak for hundreds of millions of Americans without their permission.

5 minutes ago, maineman said:

I disagree that anything is contrary to the Constitution until SCOTUS says so.  I'm not a constitutional scholar and I don't believe that anyone on this site is either.  That being said, we're all jailhouse lawyers, so to speak, and none of our opinions are worth the paper they're written on.

Fair enough, maybe you changed your mind or maybe I misunderstood you but I thought you agreed with the very clear and simple language in the constitution regarding that state LEGISLATURES (not public health or election officials) had sole authority over election laws:

Clause 1. The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but Congress may at any time make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of chusing Senators.

But if the plain and simple language doesn't convince you, the link from which the above was taken has a pretty good dissertation:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution-conan/article-1/section-4/clause-1/regulation-by-the-state-legislature

3 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Fair enough, maybe you changed your mind or maybe I misunderstood you but I thought you agreed with the very clear and simple language in the constitution regarding that state LEGISLATURES (not public health or election officials) had sole authority over election laws:

Clause 1. The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but Congress may at any time make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of chusing Senators.

But if the plain and simple language doesn't convince you, the link from which the above was taken has a pretty good dissertation:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution-conan/article-1/section-4/clause-1/regulation-by-the-state-legislature

Were the voting conditions different for Dems than for Cons in those states?

2 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

I have no intention of getting into a dueling legal cites battle with another non-lawyer.  As I said.... if some court felt that the good faith efforts of well intentioned election officials to modify the rules - like rules that bureaucrats make all the time in governmental rule making procedures - were unconstitutional, they have had MULTITUDINOUS opportunities to send that opinion on up the judicial ladder all the way to SCOTUS. Oddly enough... NOT ONE COURT has seen the harm in rule making.  NOT ONE COURT has seen the UNCONSTITUTIONALITY of such well intentioned rule making.

4 minutes ago, maineman said:

I don't ignore anyone... and I certainly would NEVER claim to speak for hundreds of millions of Americans without their permission.

You...are ignoring them.....

If you weren't you would be totally cool with any and all audits as well as pushing a real investigation to quell their distrust .....

But here you are doing the exact opposite. 

Just now, maineman said:

I have no intention of getting into a dueling legal cites battle with another non-lawyer.  As I said.... if some court felt that the good faith efforts of well intentioned election officials to modify the rules - like rules that bureaucrats make all the time in governmental rule making procedures - were unconstitutional, they have had MULTITUDINOUS opportunities to send that opinion on up the judicial ladder all the way to SCOTUS. Oddly enough... NOT ONE COURT has seen the harm in rule making.  NOT ONE COURT has seen the UNCONSTITUTIONALITY of such well intentioned rule making.

Because the judiciary is broken ....and has been since the 90's.

You...are ignoring them.....

If you weren't you would be totally cool with any and all audits as well as pushing a real investigation to quell their distrust .....

But here you are doing the exact opposite. 

I disagree.  

what else ya got?

Because the judiciary is broken ....and has been since the 90's.

Just shut up. You look stupid

• Thumb up 1

Just now, maineman said:

I disagree.

Of course you do...

It's your administration you are trying to save from being scrutinized....

And of course you're a hard-core believer in ..."nothing to see here".....

3 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

Do I care what you think ?

Not in the least ....you little puppet...

Do the courts care what you think?

2 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

Of course you do...

It's your administration you are trying to save from being scrutinized....

And of course you're a hard-core believer in ..."nothing to see here".....

"My administration" is a nonsensical term... and your assertion that the judiciary has been broken for thirty years has nothing to do with the current occupant of the white house.  

You just spew RWNJ talking points with the randomness of a Magic Eight Ball.

4 hours ago, Whitemajikman said:

No, he said that pence could initiate an investigation and not certify until one was completed .....

And isn't against the constitution....

pence had no authority to do anything. 

5 minutes ago, maineman said:

"My administration" is a nonsensical term... and your assertion that the judiciary has been broken for thirty years has nothing to do with the current occupant of the white house.  

I would love for the courts to come out and say that Trump got wrongfully booted out of office and then cut him a check for 20 grand like they do with guys who sit wrongfully in prison

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Whitemajikman said:

No, he said that pence could initiate an investigation and not certify until one was completed .....

And isn't against the constitution....

----------------------

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/fact-check-no-pence-can-t-overturn-election-results-n1252869

On Tuesday, just one day before the Electoral College votes go before Congress to be certified, President Donald Trump tweeted that “The Vice President has the power to reject fraudulently chosen electors."

But that's not exactly how the process works. 

What exactly is Pence's role on January 6?

The Constitution doesn't grant the vice president any such power that Trump labeled. Instead, it's up to the House and Senate to voice any objections, which will take place on January 6 around 1 p.m. And each of those state electors was chosen in accordance with state law, not fraudulently. 

Instead, the Constitution shows Pence's role is more formal, monitoring the session that will take place. 

24 minutes ago, Zaro said:

Do the courts care what you think?

26 minutes ago, maineman said:

No, it is not ....

It sure the fuck ain't my administration. 

Therefore it is your administration.

What a putz you are...

In less than 3 posts you went from " I don't ignore their concerns".....to "RWNJ talking points"...

Hahaha.

22 minutes ago, Whitemajikman said:

No, it is not ....

It sure the fuck ain't my administration. 

Therefore it is your administration.

What a putz you are...

In less than 3 posts you went from " I don't ignore their concerns".....to "RWNJ talking points"...

Hahaha.

only if you ascribe your right wing nut job talking points to over half the population.  

I'll wait for some factual affirmation of THAT particular assertion.

fucking weirdo.

10 hours ago, calguy said:

The GOP's devotion to trump threatens to destroy American democracy

(CNN) - With its cultish devotion to Donald Trump, the majority of the Republican Party is choosing a wannabe-autocrat over the political system that made the United States the world's most powerful nation and its dominant democracy. The ex-President is showing that he doesn't have to be in the Oval Office to damage faith in US elections and to trash truth, as his movement based on lies and personal homage takes an increasingly firm grip of the Republican Party. The widespread mistrust he continues to foster in the fairness of the US political system among millions of voters poses grave risks to democracy itself. As he seeks personal revenge, Trump is also mobilizing to try to destroy the political viability of any GOP office holders who tell the truth about the Capitol insurrection he inspired like Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/04/politics/donald-trump-gop-democracy/index.html

CNN......:lol: Have a source NOT CAUGHT repeatedly telling lies? 

@calguyattacks other posters sources then uses one of the least trusted media sources out there.