The GOP's devotion to trump threatens to destroy American democracy

2 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Apparently concerned voters in AZ disagree with you

They and I are not satisfied

your opinion. It's worth just as much as mine.

3 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

True but the authorities in AZ's is worth enough to get it done

The authorities aren't. The authorities have already recounted and certified.The republican party is. Who's funding this? 

7 minutes ago, calguy said:

The authorities aren't. The authorities have already recounted and certified.The republican party is. Who's funding this? 

Those who are forensically analyzing the ballots have the authority to do so. Democrat efforts to stop the audit failed.

The real question is why did they not want them analyzed??

Just now, calguy said:

(CNN) - With its cultish devotion to Donald Trump, the majority of the Republican Party is choosing a wannabe-autocrat over the political system that made the United States the world's most powerful nation and its dominant democracy. The ex-President is showing that he doesn't have to be in the Oval Office to damage faith in US elections and to trash truth, as his movement based on lies and personal homage takes an increasingly firm grip of the Republican Party. The widespread mistrust he continues to foster in the fairness of the US political system among millions of voters poses grave risks to democracy itself. As he seeks personal revenge, Trump is also mobilizing to try to destroy the political viability of any GOP office holders who tell the truth about the Capitol insurrection he inspired like Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/04/politics/donald-trump-gop-democracy/index.html

The grave risk to Democracy isn't Donald J Trump.

Or the Republican electorate who adores him ....

Or the questioning and mistrust of our election process.....which is healthy in any democracy.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Those who are forensically analyzing the ballots have the authority to do so. Democrat efforts to stop the audit failed.

The real question is why did they not want them analyzed??

They're conducting a Fraud-it, not an Audit.

43 minutes ago, maineman said:

they've already counted the votes statewide and the secretary of state certified the total.  What they are doing now is just Maricopa County and I'd wager they will not find any significant irregularities.

I distinctly remember you saying "let the Mueller investigation play out"

I will do the same with this, and abide by the outcome whatever that may be, as I have up until now

6 minutes ago, calguy said:

They're conducting a Fraud-it, not an Audit.

Your opinion

"Let the Mueller investigation go forward"

-Every Liberal Here

16 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

I distinctly remember you saying "let the Mueller investigation play out"

I will do the same with this, and abide by the outcome whatever that may be, as I have up until now

not exactly apples to apples....but I appreciate your honesty

I wonder if you would have been perfectly OK if, back in 2017, the DNC had tried to conduct forensic audits of some ballots cast in some selected counties in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.    Would you have said... sure... let it play out... and, if it turns out that, according to the team of DNC hired auditors, Hillary actually had won those three states, heck yes... let's have the clown stand down and let Hillary take her "rightful place"?  

I wonder if you would have thought that it would have been totally legitimate for Barack Obama to stand on the Ellipse on January 6th 2017 and urge a crowd of Hillary supporters to go demand that Joe Biden "do the right thing" and reject the bogus Electoral College votes... and would you have thought it was perfectly acceptable for those Hillary supporters to repeatedly chant their intention to "hang Joe Biden" if he DIDN'T do what Obama demanded he do?  

Goose... gander issues, from my perspective.

3 minutes ago, maineman said:

not exactly apples to apples....but I appreciate your honesty

Thanks

I wonder if you would have been perfectly OK if, back in 2017, the DNC had tried to conduct forensic audits of some ballots cast in some selected counties in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.    Would you have said... sure... let it play out... and, if it turns out that, according to the team of DNC hired auditors, Hillary actually had won those three states, heck yes... let's have the clown stand down and let Hillary take her "rightful place"?

I don't know. I'd probably feel the same as you re: the Arizona audits :)

I wonder if you would have thought that it would have been totally legitimate for Barack Obama to stand on the Ellipse on January 6th 2017 and urge a crowd of Hillary supporters to go demand that Joe Biden "do the right thing" and reject the bogus Electoral College votes... and would you have thought it was perfectly acceptable for those Hillary supporters to repeatedly chant their intention to "hang Joe Biden" if he DIDN'T do what Obama demanded he do?

No. I cringed and shook my head when that happened. Embarrassing

I posted as much on this board at the time

Mueller... lifelong republican... hired by a republican.... to investigate the political shenanigans of a fellow republican

Maricopa Audit.... after receiving  the results of a forensic audit performed by election officials,

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/maricopa-county-releases-forensic-audit-of-elections-equipment-no-irregularities-found

the Republicans in the  State Senate unilaterally hired Cyber Ninjas, run by a crackpot conspiracy theorist to conduct yet another forensic audit.

No... not exactly apples to apples AT ALL!

45 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

no he isn't,    The Swamp is.

Sidney Powell said you are not a reasonable person

Just now, Whitemajikman said:

What are you afraid of?

Afraid the Republicans are going to cook the results of their recount to reflect falsely a Trump win.

That's what we're afraid of

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Whitemajikman said:

What are you afraid of?

I'm afraid of nothing. I'm concerned about fools like you keep believing the big lie and undermining our democracy.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

Trump  was a staunch  follower of the  Constitution.  The  most Constitutional President in several lifetimes.

Our political system is corrupted thanks to the Left and the  RINOs

he said pence could overturn the election. and that is against the constitution.

• Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, calguy said:

(CNN) - With its cultish devotion to Donald Trump, the majority of the Republican Party is choosing a wannabe-autocrat over the political system that made the United States the world's most powerful nation and its dominant democracy. The ex-President is showing that he doesn't have to be in the Oval Office to damage faith in US elections and to trash truth, as his movement based on lies and personal homage takes an increasingly firm grip of the Republican Party. The widespread mistrust he continues to foster in the fairness of the US political system among millions of voters poses grave risks to democracy itself. As he seeks personal revenge, Trump is also mobilizing to try to destroy the political viability of any GOP office holders who tell the truth about the Capitol insurrection he inspired like Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/04/politics/donald-trump-gop-democracy/index.html

man before country.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, jerra- said:

he said pence could overturn the election. and that is against the constitution.

It's well beyond your paygrade  how he could have

https://www.worldtribune.com/constitutional-lawyer-vice-president-has-power-to-overturn-fraudulent-election/

Under Art. II, Section 1 of the Constitution, each state, as its legislature “may direct,” will “appoint” its electors. Because the six disputed states (Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin) ran entirely fraudulent elections, and because their legislatures did not dictate fraudulent elections, there is nothing to certify, Raiklin said.

Because the six state legislatures did not authorize fraud as a basis for selecting electors, Raiklin contends, those states could not and did not validly certify their electors on Dec. 14.