The GOP's devotion to trump threatens to destroy American democracy

(CNN) - With its cultish devotion to Donald Trump, the majority of the Republican Party is choosing a wannabe-autocrat over the political system that made the United States the world's most powerful nation and its dominant democracy. The ex-President is showing that he doesn't have to be in the Oval Office to damage faith in US elections and to trash truth, as his movement based on lies and personal homage takes an increasingly firm grip of the Republican Party. The widespread mistrust he continues to foster in the fairness of the US political system among millions of voters poses grave risks to democracy itself. As he seeks personal revenge, Trump is also mobilizing to try to destroy the political viability of any GOP office holders who tell the truth about the Capitol insurrection he inspired like Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/04/politics/donald-trump-gop-democracy/index.html
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People don't adore Trump because of who he is, they adore him because he's the opposite of the politicians that have been screwing us for decades.  

Your crazy visual aids don't change the fact that you got conned.

he said pence could overturn the election. and that is against the constitution.

24 minutes ago, calguy said:

(CNN) - With its cultish devotion to Donald Trump, the majority of the Republican Party is choosing a wannabe-autocrat over the political system that made the United States the world's most powerful nation and its dominant democracy. The ex-President is showing that he doesn't have to be in the Oval Office to damage faith in US elections and to trash truth, as his movement based on lies and personal homage takes an increasingly firm grip of the Republican Party. The widespread mistrust he continues to foster in the fairness of the US political system among millions of voters poses grave risks to democracy itself. As he seeks personal revenge, Trump is also mobilizing to try to destroy the political viability of any GOP office holders who tell the truth about the Capitol insurrection he inspired like Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/04/politics/donald-trump-gop-democracy/index.html

Lying chinese faggot.

25 minutes ago, calguy said:

a wannabe-autocrat over the political system that made the United States the world's most powerful nation and its dominant democracy.

Trump  was a staunch  follower of the  Constitution.  The  most Constitutional President in several lifetimes.

Our political system is corrupted thanks to the Left and the  RINOs

27 minutes ago, calguy said:

Trump is also mobilizing to try to destroy the political viability of any GOP office holders who tell the truth about the Capitol insurrection he inspired like Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.

GOD...   those fuckers are scum.

Who would  have ever thought  a Democrat would be supporting a  fucking Cheney?

Do you even see how dumb you are?

37 minutes ago, calguy said:

LOL

What will it take for you to get your mind back after Trump destroyed it?

When will you get a peaceful night's rest?

Why are you opposed to forensically verifying the results of last year's election?

2 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

LOL

What will it take for you to get your mind back after Trump destroyed it?

When will you get a peaceful night's rest?

Why are you opposed to forensically verifying the results of last year's election?

Why are you so addicted to the BIG lie?

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, calguy said:

Why are you so addicted to the BIG lie?

2 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

What's wrong with verification?

I accepted Bidumb's "victory" as soon as it was announced. That doesn't mean I KNOW it was correct. 

When I go to the bank and withdraw $1,000 in cash, I count it. Wouldn't you? I mean, assuming you had the means to effect such an action...

Just now, XavierOnassis said:

The votes have all been counted and the counts have been verified.

Trump lost. Any more furgling with the ballots is a waste of time and is divisive and stupid.

Wrong, gerbil. Arizona is in process of verification now

1 minute ago, XavierOnassis said:

The votes have all been counted and the counts have been verified.

Trump lost. Any more furgling with the ballots is a waste of time and is divisive and stupid.

When you go to the ATM and withdraw $3 for a "new" pair of sneakers, do you count it?

• IDIOT! 1
17 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

I accepted Bidumb's "victory" as soon as it was announced. That doesn't mean I KNOW it was correct. 

When I go to the bank and withdraw $1,000 in cash, I count it. Wouldn't you? I mean, assuming you had the means to effect such an action...

But when you count it and recount it, and each time you count it the bills add up to $1000, isn't it time to accept the fact and move on? 

31 minutes ago, calguy said:

But when you count it and recount it, and each time you count it the bills add up to $1000, isn't it time to accept the fact and move on? 

Yes, I only count my money once but at that time I have satisfied myself

Have YOU "counted and recounted" the ballots yourself?

52 minutes ago, SixShooter said:

Wrong, gerbil. Arizona is in process of verification now

they've already counted the votes statewide and the secretary of state certified the total.  What they are doing now is just Maricopa County and I'd wager they will not find any significant irregularities.