Marijuana Use Causes Autism....

23 minutes ago, IcebergSlim said:

You're a moron.

29 minutes ago, Skans said:

I am a fundamentally against marijuana use for several reasons:

I respect your opinion

1.  Apparently, it really does dumb down people and make them less functional on very broad basis - see Autism study I linked to.

Autism is not the same as dumbed down. I have known many people pot has helped with anxiety and pain, making them more functional.

2.  Marijuana is addictive, especially the stuff that is sold as "Marijuana" today - not your granddaddy's pot.

There are going to be people out there with addictive personalities. Otherwise I disagree that Marijuana is addictive.

3.  It opens the door to a National acceptance of ingesting chemical substances which can (and I predict will) be used to control large populations of people.  We are being lured as a Nation into slavery.

Well in a free country refusing choice either by forcing vaccine injections or by telling people they can't smoke something is a step toward slavery.

I predict there will eventually be some people who will completely stay away from recreational drugs, and then the rest of us.  In such a state, it will become only natural that the non-addicted will use and abuse the hoards of addicts.

Kinda funny, how much good using and abusing addicts are you going to get out of a bunch of stoners? I have not lived as sheltered a life as you have and I will tell you for sure the individual effects of pot use are greatly varied. Very few pot users are addicts. A personal study of at least several hundred over a period of 50 years.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of us cast 2 votes for the Worst POTUS Ever...

I find drunkeness unpleasant. Being high is relaxing and makes for interesting dreams,

Huh? Are you under a rock? It’s pretty much wiping out the entire heroine using population . It’s what they use now. And they are all overdosing 

12 minutes ago, IcebergSlim said:

You're a simpleton.

It interferes with the function of your liver, so impurities aren't filtered from your blood. The stuff you would normally shit is now running through your brain. That's pretty fucking crude.

Pot works on receptors...it doesn't require you to compromise 3 vital organs and pollute your bloodstream to enjoy it.

Actually, you are wrong.  Alcohol does not interfere with the function of your liver.  It's just that your liver can only process so much ethanol in a given time.  It is the unprocessed ethanol that affects the brain in two ways, as I mentioned.  The liver's metabolism of alcohol or failure to metabolize alcohol is not what causes the intoxicating affect. 

Yes, my explanation was simple, overly simple.  Yet, it was more accurate than what you said.

22 minutes ago, FredH said:

Autism is not the same as dumbed down.

I agree, I thought I had made it clear when I was speaking about one or the other.

I have known many people pot has helped with anxiety

Using a drug to cope with anxiety is a cheap panacea.  Everyone experiences anxiety - it is much healthier to learn to deal with it early on in life without having to rely on a chemical crutch. 

and pain, making them more functional.

I do not object to marijuana use for elder people who are experiencing chronic pain.  However, you and I both know that there are far too many people who claim "chronic pain" just to get their medical pot.

There are going to be people out there with addictive personalities. Otherwise I disagree that Marijuana is addictive.

You can disagree, but it is addictive.  The withdraw symptoms are different than for other chemicals like nicotine, heroin, meth, etc.   But, it is nonetheless addictive.  Nora Volkow, conducted a study which reported significant addiction rates for marijuana users, especially when used during the teenage years.  Marijuana can be as addictive as opioids in some cases and withdraw symptoms are real.

Well in a free country refusing choice either by forcing vaccine injections or by telling people they can't smoke something is a step toward slavery.

Not really.  I disagree.

38 minutes ago, Skans said:

Actually, you are wrong.  Alcohol does not interfere with the function of your liver.  It's just that your liver can only process so much ethanol in a given time.  It is the unprocessed ethanol that affects the brain in two ways, as I mentioned.  The liver's metabolism of alcohol or failure to metabolize alcohol is not what causes the intoxicating affect. 

Yes, my explanation was simple, overly simple.  Yet, it was more accurate than what you said.

It overloads the liver, which over the long term causes cirrhosis, the result of which is hemorrhaghing  of the esophagus....in the final stages, the treatment is to spray paint the inside with a kind of rubber.

As your liver continues its downward spiral, the contaminants in your bloodstream cause your skin to break out in sores that look much like leprosy...

I'll stick with weed..

3 minutes ago, IcebergSlim said:

It overloads the liver,

Alcohol can, if you ingest more than your liver can process.  Some alcohol gets absorbed from your stomach, and therefore bypasses the liver.  The alcohol that makes it to the small intestines will go to the liver, where the liver starts to metabolize what it can.  Whatever alcohol does not get metabolized by the liver's enzymes will stay in the blood and a portion of it will go to the brain - where the intoxication processes start, both directly acting on the brain as a depressant and in some people releasing large amounts of dopamine (thus why some people are more prone to alcohol addiction than others).   Nothing about what the liver does, however, causes intoxication.

3 minutes ago, IcebergSlim said:

which over the long term causes cirrhosis,

Which has noting to do with intoxication.

1 hour ago, XavierOnassis said:

Pregnant women and growing children should not smoke marijuana for sure. Otherwise, it is similar to alcohol. Moderation and abstinence in both are healthier. Humans have been breathing smoke since they started cooking food, and it is not all that unnatural.

Marijuana is nothing like alcohol!

20 minutes ago, Skans said:

Alcohol can, if you ingest more than your liver can process.  Some alcohol gets absorbed from your stomach, and therefore bypasses the liver.  The alcohol that makes it to the small intestines will go to the liver, where the liver starts to metabolize what it can.  Whatever alcohol does not get metabolized by the liver's enzymes will stay in the blood and a portion of it will go to the brain - where the intoxication processes start, both directly acting on the brain as a depressant and in some people releasing large amounts of dopamine (thus why some people are more prone to alcohol addiction than others).   Nothing about what the liver does, however, causes intoxication.

Which has noting to do with intoxication.

It certainly does with that particular choice..

You people are dumb as shit.

4 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

I find drunkeness unpleasant. Being high is relaxing and makes for interesting dreams,

I was a pot head for many of my early years. Haven't touched it for over twenty years. I have no regrets and no bad memories. 

11 hours ago, Skans said:

Have you ever thought it strange that Dopers worry so much about the use of pesticides, not eating meat and only ingesting organically grown products?  Or, what about the national compulsion to drink purified bottled water?

The American Heart Association made an alarming statement warning people not to smoke cannabis products, based on an in-depth study published in the journal Nature, found that women who used marijuana during pregnancy were 1.5 times more likely to have a child with autism.  Using marijuana during pregnancy, and post-pregnancy during nursing, poses health risks for a mother and her baby. Marijuana  is not any less dangerous than other harmful drugs and chemicals just because it's "natural."  This is based upon a recent study conducted by D.J. Corsi, J. Donelle, and E. Sucha.

There are 483 different identifiable chemical constituents known to exist in cannabis. Of these, their are 66 distinctive and specific class of compounds called "cannabinoids"  that are only known to exist in the cannabis plant.  Some of the constituents of the cannabis plant are: nitrogenous compounds (27 known), amino acids (18), proteins (3), glycoproteins (6), enzymes (2), sugars and related compounds (34), hydrocarbons (50), simple alcohols (7), aldehydes (13), ketones (13), simple acids (21), fatty acids (22), simple esters (12), lactones (1), steroids (11), terpenes (120), non-cannabinoid phenols (25), flavonoids (21), and other elements.

The Study (cited below) reported that If a woman uses any marijuana while she's pregnant, THC readily crosses the placenta into the baby's bloodstream. An estimated 10 to 30 percent of the THC in the mother's system will reach the developing fetus, who are are much more vulnerable to the effects of chemicals and toxins than adults.  The study did not determine which or to what extent, any of the other 483 chemicals in marijuana were also absorbed by the developing fetus.

THC passes from the mother to her developing fetus, not only from smoking marijuana but by using it in any way, including alternative delivery systems such as:

• Dabbing: using concentrated cannabis oil
  • Vaping: inhaling cannabis vapor using a vaporizing pen or similar device
  • Consuming marijuana edibles or drinking cannabis-infused beverages.

Vaping marijuana oil or is especially dangerous because it has been linked to serious lung problems and deaths. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the CDC have issued a warning that pregnant women should not use any vaping products, including THC-containing products and e-cigarettes.

For those interested in delving deeper into the methodology of the  study, you can find it here:  Maternal Cannabis Use in Pregnancy and Child Neurodevelopmental Outcomes https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-1002-5; conducted by Corsi, D.J., Donelle, J., Sucha, E. et al. Maternal cannabis use in pregnancy and child neurodevelopmental outcomes. Nat Med 26, 1536–1540 (2020).

This explains much of the left. 

12 hours ago, Skans said:

Have you ever thought it strange that Dopers worry so much about the use of pesticides, not eating meat and only ingesting organically grown products?  Or, what about the national compulsion to drink purified bottled water?

The American Heart Association made an alarming statement warning people not to smoke cannabis products, based on an in-depth study published in the journal Nature, found that women who used marijuana during pregnancy were 1.5 times more likely to have a child with autism.  Using marijuana during pregnancy, and post-pregnancy during nursing, poses health risks for a mother and her baby. Marijuana  is not any less dangerous than other harmful drugs and chemicals just because it's "natural."  This is based upon a recent study conducted by D.J. Corsi, J. Donelle, and E. Sucha.

There are 483 different identifiable chemical constituents known to exist in cannabis. Of these, their are 66 distinctive and specific class of compounds called "cannabinoids"  that are only known to exist in the cannabis plant.  Some of the constituents of the cannabis plant are: nitrogenous compounds (27 known), amino acids (18), proteins (3), glycoproteins (6), enzymes (2), sugars and related compounds (34), hydrocarbons (50), simple alcohols (7), aldehydes (13), ketones (13), simple acids (21), fatty acids (22), simple esters (12), lactones (1), steroids (11), terpenes (120), non-cannabinoid phenols (25), flavonoids (21), and other elements.

The Study (cited below) reported that If a woman uses any marijuana while she's pregnant, THC readily crosses the placenta into the baby's bloodstream. An estimated 10 to 30 percent of the THC in the mother's system will reach the developing fetus, who are are much more vulnerable to the effects of chemicals and toxins than adults.  The study did not determine which or to what extent, any of the other 483 chemicals in marijuana were also absorbed by the developing fetus.

THC passes from the mother to her developing fetus, not only from smoking marijuana but by using it in any way, including alternative delivery systems such as:

• Dabbing: using concentrated cannabis oil
  • Vaping: inhaling cannabis vapor using a vaporizing pen or similar device
  • Consuming marijuana edibles or drinking cannabis-infused beverages.

Vaping marijuana oil or is especially dangerous because it has been linked to serious lung problems and deaths. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the CDC have issued a warning that pregnant women should not use any vaping products, including THC-containing products and e-cigarettes.

For those interested in delving deeper into the methodology of the  study, you can find it here:  Maternal Cannabis Use in Pregnancy and Child Neurodevelopmental Outcomes https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-1002-5; conducted by Corsi, D.J., Donelle, J., Sucha, E. et al. Maternal cannabis use in pregnancy and child neurodevelopmental outcomes. Nat Med 26, 1536–1540 (2020).

Sounds plausible. 

I always avoided pot personally because something just seemed wrong with potheads.

Personal experience is better than 'expert opinion', imho. 

I just love and enjoy everybody getting "down" on Marijuana.

Wanna meet TRUE EVIL go torch a CRACK-PIPE

That will take your soul and pull ya under.

A "needle" ya might not SURVIVE and that was back in the 1990s

Today it's cut with FETANYL don't know what ya buying or getting.

Best "Not" 2 take that "Chance" leave it ALONE

3 hours ago, Karl Childers said:

I just love and enjoy everybody getting "down" on Marijuana.

Wanna meet TRUE EVIL go torch a CRACK-PIPE

That will take your soul and pull ya under.

A "needle" ya might not SURVIVE and that was back in the 1990s

Today it's cut with FETANYL don't know what ya buying or getting.

Best "Not" 2 take that "Chance" leave it ALONE

FETANYL.

Don’t even know what it is.