PRINCE Passed 5 Years Ago Yesterday 4/21/16. RIP Brother. Serious Site Oversight, and Mine

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most overlooked guitarist of all time.  A lyricist genius.     And according to Charlie Murphy a really good basketball player and maker of pancakes.   RIP Purple One, you prov

I despise the movements to NORMALIZE sexual mental illness and retardation.  The marketing, the propaganda.   BUT, im not against a musical icon who NEVER politicized his deviancy...it was p

overrated...

10 minutes ago, XavierOnassis said:

The  preference for musicians  and artists is a personal one. It is rather stupid to claim anyone is overrated or underrated.

You stated it, music is a personal preference, and for me he's overrated...

On 4/23/2021 at 11:06 AM, EltonJohnson said:

Prince was mega talented. He wrote many songs for  others and  was a very accomplished multi instumentalist

He was  one of the greatest  guitarists who ever lived

Watch this:

First, Prince was playing an old Beetles cover tune.  Second, while Prince can play guitar, those rifts are rather rudimentary.

This is what a truly talented guitarist and musician sounds like:

29 minutes ago, Skans said:

First, Prince was playing an old Beetles cover tune.  Second, while Prince can play guitar, those rifts are rather rudimentary.

GTFO... rudimentary !!    It was the  execution of the standard that had them in awe.

YJM is a fantastic guitarist and I have known about  him since the very  early 90s.

There is more  than  speed to guitar.   David Gilmore is slow and one of the  best

but back to  Prince

he could play as fast as  YJM and  write and  produce and play a ton of other  instruments

20 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

GTFO... rudimentary !!    It was the  execution of the standard that had them in awe.

YJM is a fantastic guitarist and I have known about  him since the very  early 90s.

Malmsteen is/was exceptionally fast, but more than that, he was quite musical.  Lots of people like to dismiss Malmsteen as being only a technical guitar wizard, yet, his tone and expression is also brilliant.  Malmsteen can be very musical and melodic, classically musical, which I can appreciate.

On 4/26/2021 at 8:30 AM, Imgreatagain said:

He played all of his own instruments. 

And he didn't even have to lip synch....

On 4/23/2021 at 4:58 PM, EltonJohnson said:

Ummm...   I had no idea things were this serious.    "Airplane" is a historic landmark that changed moves and comedy.  Since you are   checking out the  1970s,  you  need to  watch the "disaster" movies, the  first being  "The  Towering Inferno"  then the  "Poseidon  Adventure" and  then  "Airport"  a  plane  disaster film   that had sequels  and  finally  the  Zucker  Bros  had to spoof them.      Brilliant  film 

Watched Towering Inferno last night. Not too bad. Quite the all star cast. 

On 4/27/2021 at 7:05 PM, ROG62 said:

And he didn't even have to lip synch....

Ever see the old bandstand shows? 
wow yikes 

bad lip synching 

8 minutes ago, Imgreatagain said:

Ever see the old bandstand shows? 
wow yikes 

bad lip synching 

Yes...the worst...and when the music video craze hit in the 80's...good gawd...

Just now, ROG62 said:

Yes...the worst...and when the music video craze hit in the 80's...good gawd...

Hold the fuck up. 
80’s music was on point. The RIGHT music tho

Just now, Imgreatagain said:

Hold the fuck up. 

But not the videos on MTV...just go back and watch...*shudders*

On 4/22/2021 at 10:09 PM, CrimeaRiver said:

The most overlooked guitarist of all time.  A lyricist genius.  

And according to Charlie Murphy a really good basketball player and maker of pancakes.

RIP Purple One, you provided and still provide some of the best music to ever be created by a human.

4:20 - 6:35.....Guitar greatness

Tell me how to spell "red" in the next five minutes, and I will give you a thousand dollar.

Clock's ticking. 

2 minutes ago, Common said:

Tell me how to spell "red" in the next five minutes, and I will give you a thousand dollar.

Clock's ticking. 

Oh Jesus here we go again 

12 minutes ago, Common said:

If we are talking the 1780s, I have to agree, :)

Bruh. There are so many great songs from the 80’s 

if you’d like to educated - I can help you. Xoxo

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Imgreatagain said:

Hold the fuck up. 

Glenn Danzig recently did an interview and he says that a lot of the music that came out of the 80's would not existed if "woke" culture existed then. The alternative, punk, metal, and even hip hop would be deemed racist, bigoted, whatever-ed. 

• Thumb up 1
Just now, impartialobserver said:

Glenn Danzig recently did an interview and he says that a lot of the music that came out of the 80's would not existed if "woke" culture existed then. The alternative, punk, metal, and even hip hop would be deemed racist, bigoted, whatever-ed. 

Yet we have the WAP song these days. Hmmm ok 

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

Watched Towering Inferno last night. Not too bad. Quite the all star cast. 

yeah , the all star cast  thing was all  rage  then  for disaster movies 

The backstory of the  Inferno was that they could not decide  who would get  "top billing" ..    Steve McQueen or Paul Newman

https://startsat60.com/media/opinion/nostalgia/the-behind-the-scenes-drama-of-1974s-the-towering-inferno

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

yeah , the all star cast  thing was all  rage  then  for disaster movies 

The backstory of the  Inferno was that they could not decide  who would get  "top billing" ..    Steve McQueen or Paul Newman

https://startsat60.com/media/opinion/nostalgia/the-behind-the-scenes-drama-of-1974s-the-towering-inferno

Who would you have given top billing to? I was born in 1977 and so Newman/McQueen were a bit before my time

2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Who would you have given top billing to? I was born in 1977 and so Newman/McQueen were a bit before my time

Those two   both were about equal  at the time.   Holden was the   huge screen legend, though a generation older than the  young top stars.

Back then, they didn't  have old stars come back,  they  never thought  their time had passed