PRINCE Passed 5 Years Ago Yesterday 4/21/16. RIP Brother. Serious Site Oversight, and Mine

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most overlooked guitarist of all time.  A lyricist genius.     And according to Charlie Murphy a really good basketball player and maker of pancakes.   RIP Purple One, you prov

I despise the movements to NORMALIZE sexual mental illness and retardation.  The marketing, the propaganda.   BUT, im not against a musical icon who NEVER politicized his deviancy...it was p

overrated...

"More recently, he took the time to pointedly weigh in on the string of killings of African-Americans by police, and played a concert at the White House, suggesting he was happy with Barack Obama, the first black U.S. president."

11 minutes ago, slideman said:

"More recently, he took the time to pointedly weigh in on the string of killings of African-Americans by police, and played a concert at the White House, suggesting he was happy with Barack Obama, the first black U.S. president."

Obama was not black

44 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Went to a record store in Minneapolis called Electric Fetus. The amount of Prince media, merchandise, stuff that they had is something I will never forget. My favorite artist/band to come out of there is Husker Du. 

Mine is The Lamont Cranston Blues Band...

http://lamontcranston.com/

watched them many times in the 70's and 80's  played at the Cabooze Bar SE Minneapolis...good times...

2 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

LOLOL...that was great! Will was actually surprisingly good on drums...

55 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Yeah, way before my time. Born in 1977 and nowhere close to Minnesota. Anyways, looks like they put on quite the show. 

They put on a great show...

the Cabooze is a long bar maybe 30' wide, 600 capacity stage back corner with game room through end...

it was alway standing room only, tighter than a sardine can...the people going through the crowd reminded me of biology movies in school where the blood cells traveled in veins, albeit a lot slower...

3 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Walken's finest hour IMO is in the Deer Hunter. Just watched that for the first time a few months ago. Damn, what a film.

I have to  disagree, I have given TDH a thorough examination and, as a film, it makes huge  leaps  in the  narrative  that  make you think... wait  did I miss something, and  yet other  times  it spends way to much  time on the  trivial ,  like the  wedding.

This  was before  DeNiro turned into a douchebag though.   His "Michael" is fantastic and aptly named 

2 minutes ago, EltonJohnson said:

I have to  disagree, I have given TDH a thorough examination and, as a film, it makes huge  leaps  in the  narrative  that  make you think... wait  did I miss something, and  yet other  times  it spends way to much  time on the  trivial ,  like the  wedding.

This  was before  DeNiro turned into a douchebag though.   His "Michael" is fantastic and aptly named 

Interesting. Will have to watch it again. Been on a bit of binge lately watching films and listening to records from the late 70's. 

11 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Interesting. Will have to watch it again.

yeah..   you'll see.

Another film  by Michael Cimino  Heaven's Gate,  considered a huge flop at the time as his follow up to TDH is  actually a decent film with  some flaws.     Walken is a bad guy.

You need to see  Midnight Express if you  haven't seen that  one.

37 minutes ago, ROG62 said:

They put on a great show...

the Cabooze is a long bar maybe 30' wide, 600 capacity stage back corner with game room through end...

it was alway standing room only, tighter than a sardine can...the people going through the crowd reminded me of biology movies in school where the blood cells traveled in veins, albeit a lot slower...

It seems like settings like what you describe are going to become rare. Anyways, during my one time in Minneapolis I was in the neighborhood of that place. 

1 minute ago, EltonJohnson said:

yeah..   you'll see.

Another film  by Michael Cimino  Heaven's Gate,  considered a huge flop at the time as his follow up to TDH is  actually a decent film with  some flaws.     Walken is a bad guy.

You need to see  Midnight Express if you  haven't seen that  one.

Have not seen Midnight Express. Quite the backlog of films (Midnight Express included) to get through from that era. 

4 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Airplane is another one that I have not watched. 

Ummm...   I had no idea things were this serious.    "Airplane" is a historic landmark that changed moves and comedy.  Since you are   checking out the  1970s,  you  need to  watch the "disaster" movies, the  first being  "The  Towering Inferno"  then the  "Poseidon  Adventure" and  then  "Airport"  a  plane  disaster film   that had sequels  and  finally  the  Zucker  Bros  had to spoof them.      Brilliant  film 

• Thumb up 1
3 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

Have not seen Midnight Express. Quite the backlog of films (Midnight Express included) to get through from that era. 

That's a tough movie...

3 hours ago, EltonJohnson said:

Ummm...   I had no idea things were this serious.    "Airplane" is a historic landmark that changed moves and comedy.  Since you are   checking out the  1970s,  you  need to  watch the "disaster" movies, the  first being  "The  Towering Inferno"  then the  "Poseidon  Adventure" and  then  "Airport"  a  plane  disaster film   that had sequels  and  finally  the  Zucker  Bros  had to spoof them.      Brilliant  film 

I believe Airplane or one of its sequels was filmed at MSP (Minneapolis/St Paul) AIRPORT...

On 4/22/2021 at 11:09 PM, CrimeaRiver said:

The most overlooked guitarist of all time.  A lyricist genius.  

And according to Charlie Murphy a really good basketball player and maker of pancakes.

RIP Purple One, you provided and still provide some of the best music to ever be created by a human.

4:20 - 6:35.....Guitar greatness

^^^^^ purple vein lover^^^^^

• Haha 1